billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/25/22 7:58 p.m.

British Pain, VEE Eight style... 

Rover 3500 P6

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd Reader
4/25/22 8:35 p.m.

It's not just missing the steering wheel, but the entire steering column! Also looks like someone was stomping on the roof. On the "P6" chassis rovers, the roof is a bolt on panel, so an easy fix if you have a parts car. (Actually, all body panels are bolt on, there's a stressed inner tub.)

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/25/22 10:40 p.m.

A fellow club member had the 4 cylinder version that he bought from the factory while he was stationed in Germany after his time in Vietnam.  He loved that car, but sold it to a British couple that, as he said, loved it more than him.  ie they paid him an insane amount of money for it.  He said the car was a real pain that always needed some type of fettling.    

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
4/26/22 2:09 a.m.
spitfirebill said:

A fellow club member had the 4 cylinder version that he bought from the factory while he was stationed in Germany after his time in Vietnam.  He loved that car, but sold it to a British couple that, as he said, loved it more than him.  ie they paid him an insane amount of money for it.  He said the car was a real pain that always needed some type of fettling.    

I had a '67 Rover 2000TC.  My experience was very much like that of your friend. It was one the favorite cars I've ever owned, but very undependable.  In many ways, it was way ahead of it's time. I could go on and on but I won't.  I'd love to have the best example left in the world, with a couple of others for spares.

128racecar
128racecar Reader
4/26/22 6:47 a.m.

In case someone buys this and needs a motor, a rebuilt Rover/BOP 215 long block was just posted by a guy in my vintage racing club for $1500

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/280811384142155/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A8cfd0e5f-c70d-4ccb-a7e4-40933fbb012b

Marc in Indy

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/27/22 2:14 p.m.

i had a 3500 in australia ... about 1996 or so.. it was smoooooth ... 

nlevine (Forum Supporter)
nlevine (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/28/22 11:28 a.m.

There was a girl I had a crush on in elementary school. Her father drove one of these. I don't know if there was a correlation....

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/28/22 8:53 p.m.

Grace Kelly drove one too...

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
4/28/22 9:23 p.m.

So did Princess Anne.

Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
5/3/22 5:41 p.m.

That car has the hood that was talked about in the thread "standard parts that looked like aftermarket accessories"...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nESl7mafbsSPdvTp1BM5FryVC35STSqGMbRhxA1JCV0WJFKr6hQWpQIPeVh5WxdM