californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
4/3/21 12:48 p.m.

How wide is it between the tubes where the "Fat Ass" driver will sit :)

And any rear suspension arms ?

i sent you a message

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
4/3/21 1:27 p.m.

OK, I sent you an email.....

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
4/27/21 1:01 p.m.

Limited response likely due to the frame design (not competitive), looks heavy and no torsional rigidity, left me deflated. AND NARROW unless you are putting a Jr. in it. (but Dad still needs to be able to warm it up!)

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/27/21 1:09 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

This thing actually looks like a dogsled and that gives me some wicked ideas. What about a husky powered dog cart?

4/27/21 1:26 p.m.

Could I fit in that thing? Who made the chassis?

4/27/21 3:49 p.m.

Do you have any suspension parts for the chassis?

4/27/21 5:08 p.m.

I am definitely interested if I could find a way to fit into the thing or make it a little wider so I could fit in it. I am about 6'1" so the roll bar height will be of concern as well.

Strangely enough, I actually went to High School with Blake Tatum. He might remember me. I know he is currently editor of the SCCA San Francisco Region Newsletter, The Wheel. I have read all the history about his dad and the Crusader Formula Vees he put together. This could be a very interesting project, even if I only run it as an autocross car. Just don't tell Blake I want to make a dogsled out of one of his cars. I would like to do a serious restoration with the old 1200 engine and everything.

4/28/21 3:30 a.m.

I actually took some measurements tonight. I would fit into the 18 inch chassis but it would be a tight fit. The racing seat in my Miata is actually less than 18 inches. So I would be interested in either chassis.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eRtdmw7FUlAb79SQ2n4d2Z9OmbA7o3PfiW5YV1soihM4bMlwPaX0lfmbCp7NGaZj