Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
11/20/22 7:50 a.m.

As much as we'd like to keep this car forever, we just haven't been using it lately, and we need to free up some garage space. It was accepted for Cars and Bids, but I don't really feel like going through the stress of an auction, so I'm offering it here.

The short:

-1998 Volvo V70R (first year)

-127k miles

-No modifications other than the cross drilled brake rotors

-No rust

-Timing belt, brakes, tires, plug/wires/coil, motor mounts, struts and a whole bunch of other stuff done under my ownership over the past 3 years. Transmission and AWD system have been serviced. PCV system works as it should. Oil analysis tests from each oil change since I've owned it. (Spoiler Alert: They said that the engine in is excellent condition and should live a long, long time).

-Interior is really nice and super comfy.

This is a fun, fast, comfortable and reliable classic that draws attention wherever it goes.

I would not hesitate to hop in this car today and drive it across the country and back. It would be a fast and comfortable trip.

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/20/22 12:42 p.m.

Very nice. Did this generation ever come with a manual?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/20/22 2:04 p.m.
Docwemple said:

Very nice. Did this generation ever come with a manual?

Not in the US. 

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/20/22 2:11 p.m.

Such awesome cars. They deserve a 3rd pedal 

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
11/20/22 2:27 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Someone contacted me through the forum asking about what airport would work for a fly and drive, but because of the way that the forum Contact mailer works, I don't know who it was or how to get back to you, as there was no name or email address given.

There are actually three airports within about 45 minutes of here: Westchester County (New York), Tweed New Haven, or Bradley (Hartford). 

I am WoodyHFD

and I can be reached at:

Charter

dot

Net

If you hit 'reply' within your email browser, is the email address displayed at that point? That's how it works in Yahoo mail for me. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/20/22 2:45 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

I was under the impression that it wasn't working here, and it would just go back to the robot only, but I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/20/22 2:50 p.m.

Totally works now, but doesn't indicate the sender's screen name like it used to. Thanks.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/20/22 4:56 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Does not work for me, but I've just been blaming my old devices. 

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/20/22 4:59 p.m.

I've had eyes on this car on a few occasions, and it's in amazing shape.  I'll be jealous of whoever buys this one!

LarsBrunkhorst
LarsBrunkhorst New Reader
11/21/22 10:05 a.m.

Super interested! Will reach out after work here!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/21/22 10:37 a.m.

Just added a bunch of photos above.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
11/21/22 12:12 p.m.

GLWS - if the other half wasn't massively allergic to wagons, I'd be booking a plane ticket right now. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/22/22 9:36 a.m.

Is it a thirsty car?  And will it require no-nox?  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/22/22 11:58 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Volvo calls for premium, and that's all that I've ever put in it. MPG is low to mid 20s in mixed driving. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/22/22 4:33 p.m.

I've had a few people contact me asking if I would be willing to ship the car, and about fly-and-drives.

It's been a few years, but I've shipped several cars in the past, along with three motorcycles, so yes if you'd like to arrange for shipping, I don't mind helping to get it on the truck.

I've been told that there are cheap flights into Bradley and Tweed New Haven airports right now. Neither one is very far from here.

And while I'd prefer that you see and drive the car in person before committing to buy it, I understand that it may not necessarily be an option. Feel free to contact me and we can set up a time for a thorough Facetime walkaround and cold start video. I can assure that I will talk too much and point out any flaws that I know of... mostly stuff that it would take weeks or months to find on your own.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
11/24/22 9:06 p.m.

Does it have the 3rd row?

My sister is looking for something comfortable and reliable, but would really like a 3rd row. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/24/22 9:13 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

No third row.

There was an optional, drop in rear facing seat that you can easily retrofit in the spare tire well, but this car does not have that.

It does have the optional, integrated child booster seats in the rear though.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/27/22 8:18 p.m.

Jeez...not sure what happened, but it seems as if the rest of our photos have vanished. We'll try to get them back up asap. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
11/28/22 8:59 a.m.

Photos should be visible once again. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IZ3ySpZ4NzxET2PSXs8Hrm7IUGxsky55xAGo9NCQrUjWhexwJkkWof9WPmyv0ZQE