Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/21/19 9:39 a.m.
Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/21/19 9:44 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

I think that's absolutely worth his asking price. In fact, I think he is way low at $5000.

Tojeiro MG sport racing car from the late 50's. Car is complete, aluminum body, rear transaxel with De dion rear suspension, new tires and tubes. Car can be titled and street driven or used for "classic" racing. Damaged rear end.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/21/19 9:44 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Sweet! I think Woody needs that!!!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/21/19 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Pretty sure Woody would be hooking up the trailer instead of typing if'n he were closer.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/21/19 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Thanks for posting the photos. I kept trying to, but my phone isn't cooperating with me today. I knew I needed to at least get it linked here before I could get home and access my Chromebook. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/21/19 9:53 a.m.

I am sure Woody could find a GRMers couch to crash on before the return trip. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
9/21/19 10:03 a.m.

Someone on here has to grab this quickly. It will fit on my trailer if an east coast person (Woody?) wants it and I am willing to go for it for expenses only.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
9/21/19 10:03 a.m.

If it was here I would buy it ,  

how hard can it be to get an old MG engine to run ?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
9/21/19 10:07 a.m.

I wonder what transaxle John Tojiero used in this? He never did a production run of anything....

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/21/19 10:35 a.m.

Isn't Synthetic Blinker Fluid deadheading east soon?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/21/19 10:57 a.m.

If it were local to me (in state), I'm pretty sure that I would jump on it because I would love a vintage race car project. But I don't feel strongly enough to get involved with a sight unseen cross country transaction.

Aluminum body though...

I like this better than the Devin Panhard.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/21/19 11:45 a.m.

...and room for the dog!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
9/21/19 12:13 p.m.

I have just done a little googlefu. This car was almost certainly Coventry Climax powered when it was built. One of four originally, with an inverted VW transaxle and one central disc brake in the rear. If I had $5k around I would already be on my way to Illinois...

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/21/19 3:12 p.m.

And its gone.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/21/19 3:58 p.m.
Woody said:

If it were local to me (in state), I'm pretty sure that I would jump on it because I would love a vintage race car project. But I don't feel strongly enough to get involved with a sight unseen cross country transaction.

Aluminum body though...

I do too, but not enough to give up the Devin

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/21/19 6:05 p.m.
Patrick said:
Woody said:

Aluminum body though...

I do too, but not enough to give up the Devin

I am glad to hear that. I still love the Devin. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/21/19 8:07 p.m.

Here's another 1958 Tojeiro, as listed in Hemmings back in 2010 for $297,500...crying

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
10/1/19 11:22 a.m.

Now on FB marketplace/barn finds for $50,000.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r9XqCoziA4Gb2vLW8VFsaZUuU4cxqLFjAxIfVRvGDScOl1R3b9vnMFfSoJfHk8Yb