volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
7/13/21 7:51 a.m.

Mine, Affiliated.  Note, FB MP won't let me accurately put in the vehicle's make, model, or price.  What a clusterberkeley.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/214619540526531/?notif_id=1625925456914011&notif_t=marketplace_seller_insights&ref=notif

May be an image of car and outdoors

Come and buy this thing.  Make me an offer. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
7/13/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

This needs to be a hat on a Miata. Not a project for me, but someone should.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
7/13/21 11:13 a.m.

and what are the cars in front of the Simca ?

Just asking for a friend :)

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
7/13/21 12:05 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

and what are the cars in front of the Simca ?

Just asking for a friend :)

Mostly just Volvo 122's. wink

Trent
Trent PowerDork
7/13/21 11:13 p.m.

If there wasn't the minor issue of the bulk of an entire continent between us, I would be trying to work out a deal

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/14/21 6:27 a.m.

Text in the ad says $900.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
7/14/21 6:59 a.m.
914Driver said:

Text in the ad says $900.

Correct.  But in the "price" section, FB MP wouldn't let me put that, since it fell outside of their "normal range" for a "1959 Volkswagen Beetle".  

There was no way to put it in as a "Simca".  

Anyway, yes, my original plan was to put the body on a Miata chassis, possibly using something else as a powerplant.  Since Simca was part of Ford then, they were using smaller-displacement versions of the Flathead V8 in their larger cars (Chambord, Vedette, etc...you know, regular household names...) so I thought a Ford Flathead swap would be sort-of period-correct.  As if that matters.  

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/14/21 7:37 a.m.

Too heavy for a larger motorcycle engine?  These always turned my head.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
7/14/21 7:53 a.m.

That is a box of awesome. 

I'm glad you live far enough away to keep me from buying it. 

I'm also glad I probably wouldn't fit in it. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
7/14/21 9:19 a.m.

An idle mind just looked up the wheelbase... It would work for a certain project sitting in my shed... Idle mind being turned off. No space for another project at the moment.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
7/14/21 9:57 a.m.
AxeHealey said:

An idle mind just looked up the wheelbase... It would work for a certain project sitting in my shed... Idle mind being turned off. No space for another project at the moment.

What was the other vehicle in question?

Idle minds are curious.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
7/14/21 11:17 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
AxeHealey said:

An idle mind just looked up the wheelbase... It would work for a certain project sitting in my shed... Idle mind being turned off. No space for another project at the moment.

What was the other vehicle in question?

Idle minds are curious.

A mostly finished Locost 442 frame.

Our Preferred Partners
VOWUvdtcJjpTM4FmSYnvWQ025NZ0D6j0avQTLz7hJlmaLAQJARY2ORSzNF2O6RLp