AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
2/28/23 1:20 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/28/23 2:12 p.m.

Oh yeah, <2 weeks the bride takes all that carbon fibre off the front.   Oopsie.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/28/23 10:12 p.m.

It lost all its attractiveness.

ralleah
ralleah PowerDork
2/28/23 10:30 p.m.

it's like it got 90% of the way through a Transformers change, and got stuck

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/28/23 11:13 p.m.

Do you think he would take 105 single dollar bills? :0D 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/1/23 10:39 a.m.

Hard to believe that there was a time when these cars were obtainable and something that some "kid" could purchase a price point where they could then perform all this "magic" to make the car the gem that this example is today! 

I really can't figure out how to price that, it has been butchered to the point of no going back. Sad....

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/1/23 11:07 a.m.

You had me right up to the tuner cage which will do more harm than good... Not my style but otherwise someone's fully executed project.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
3/1/23 11:21 a.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:

Hard to believe that there was a time when these cars were obtainable and something that some "kid" could purchase a price point where they could then perform all this "magic" to make the car the gem that this example is today! 

I really can't figure out how to price that, it has been butchered to the point of no going back. Sad....

car dealerships always say "there is an ass for every seat"

That being said; this one is going to take a long time to sell. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/1/23 11:55 a.m.

Comptech headers and a few of those mods remove about 50% of the actual buyers who would want this car but don't want to deal with the smog issue. Removal of the airbags cuts another 10-15% of the buyers out, the E36 M3ty cage drops another 10% of buyers at this price point. 

Not going to lie I would cut a check for around 55K on that all day long and reverse/sell some of the modifications and drive the snot out of it. 105K he is dreaming with the reduced buyer pool .

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
3/1/23 11:57 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Comptech headers and a few of those mods remove about 50% of the actual buyers who would want this car but don't want to deal with the smog issue. Removal of the airbags cuts another 10-15% of the buyers out, the E36 M3ty cage drops another 10% of buyers at this price point. 

Not going to lie I would cut a check for around 55K on that all day long and reverse/sell some of the modifications and drive the snot out of it. 105K he is dreaming with the reduced buyer pool .

FYI, Competch headers are CARB approved ...

Sad what happened to this NSX

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
3/1/23 12:33 p.m.

This is certainly one of those vision things. He built it tge way he would want it. Problem being his vision is, well, rather unique. Very ,very few NSX buyers will want to get near that. A lot of 16 year Olds will, but they don't have the $$$

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
3/1/23 12:45 p.m.

Is the snout really just attached to the glass like it appears??

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/1/23 1:18 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I like all of it but the intake snorkel. I'd drive it for sure, and as mentioned I just think the asking price is really the major thing wrong with this one.

Yeah I guess it's a bit "tuner" but I think that may be the point?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/1/23 1:22 p.m.

I mean come on, take off the snorkel (and maybe remove the purple "roll cage"), but this thing looks sick!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
3/1/23 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Yes.  I agree, the only problem is the snorkel.  Other than that (and the high price) I'd daily the heck out of it.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/1/23 7:27 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Is the snout really just attached to the glass like it appears??

Yeah, there were some factory versions that had an intake affixed like that weren't there? I remember them from when they were still new.

edit: there were very few GT-R made with the snorkel and even then it was just stuck to the glass/plastic to homologate for the race cars which WERE actual intakes.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
3/2/23 7:18 a.m.

I'm here for it. The only thing I'd take off is the light bar.

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
3/2/23 7:57 a.m.

Can I get a kit like that for my Gen 2 Prius?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
teGi0GkDq8XbnttyXFXh5Sbqhqz4KeLbGCJsppnGYxqjfDUZ6TiFYYywo9JuLZRa