1 2 3
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/29/22 5:10 p.m.

If you see any WRB WRXs or STIs, I am actively looking.  I want a new rallycross ride.  I'd begrudgingly look at other colors.  The closer to stock, the better.  I do not want to spend money  and time reversing mods for rallycross.  Cars with well thought out rallycross or rally mods are also desirable.  Cars with 4 pot / 2 pot brakes and 6 speed conversions are also desireable.  My budget is about $20k max depending on the car specifically.  Subie rear quarter panel rot is a no go.  Subframe rot is a no go.  If I want to repair rust, I will hunt down a 2 door GC Impreza.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
5/2/22 1:41 p.m.

I thought I'd seen more blue ones recently, there don't seem to be may blue ones in FL at the moment.   Leave your 2.5rs in my driveway and bring this one home.  $28k is a bit over budget, unfortunately.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 6:10 p.m.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/flowery-branch-2006-impreza-wrx-sti/7467087639.html

price is in ballpark,  seems to be a bunch of mods. If it an Atlanta car, there will be no rust... this ones 28 days old too.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 6:16 p.m.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 6:18 p.m.
5/2/22 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

That is a great car, and I like the way you think.  But yes it is a bit pricey.  

5/2/22 7:21 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Thanks for the ideas!  I'm a bit miffed how some of these cars are dodging my autotempest search.  
I know the right one will pop up!  

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 7:28 p.m.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/orlando-subaru-impreza-wrx-wagonbugeye/7472669028.html

Wagon, not your color. Standard, in good condition, current maintenance, 10k$

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 7:45 p.m.

Sometime a wagon is the answer.....under 100k, ready for WRB wrap

https://youtu.be/vcjr6xLL7PY

The internet says gloss cosmic blue by 3M is closer.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
5/2/22 8:33 p.m.
clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 9:02 p.m.
clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 9:10 p.m.
clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 9:14 p.m.
clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/2/22 9:20 p.m.
bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
5/3/22 9:19 a.m.
dps214
dps214 Dork
5/3/22 9:43 a.m.

This probably isn't what you want but I'll throw it out there just in case as at the very least it'll be way under your budget. In a couple of months or so our '05 WRX wagon will be for sale. Black, a tiny bit of fender rust but nothing anywhere near needing to be repaired. Underside has some surface rust but nothing anywhere near structural or problematic in any way. Totally stock other than some silicone intake boots. Exterior decent, interior far nicer than it has any business being. Honestly it's about as nice as I'd want a rallycross vehicle to be. Probably somewhere around $7k.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
5/3/22 10:40 a.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Keep me in mind when you go to sell. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for and the correct price as well. I'm assuming it's the one you posted in February. 

5/3/22 11:28 a.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Yes I want the slightly lighter sedan.  I'm very familiar with how that chassis is on dirt now.  The wagon is probably less tail happy at speed under braking but I really want to build a rally replica.  For that, a blue sedan really helps unless I want to mimic Ken Block's first rally car.  I really want to do an imitation 02-07 Subaru though: WRB.

I found a full half cut 02 STI last night for a fair price.....  I could swap and paint my chassis too but it's a lot of wiring work.

dps214
dps214 Dork
5/3/22 11:31 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

In reply to dps214 :

Keep me in mind when you go to sell. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for and the correct price as well. I'm assuming it's the one you posted in February. 

Yes it is. Turns out that post was a bit premature as its replacement showed up with an unhappy rod bearing.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

This is a bit off topic and if you want a sedan you want a sedan, that's totally fine and I get it. But I'm not sure the wagon is really a disadvantage for rallycross. It's a bit heavier, but the weight is over the rear axle and it's slightly narrower than the sedan. With the bigger rear bar from the early year WRX it rotates pretty well and if anything the extra weight should help with that.

5/4/22 5:15 p.m.

This car is local to me and is mostly stock.  It has some tranny noise and has a bit of rust in the Subie savers spot already.  A blaze yellow WRX probably deserves a better life which I could offer.  I'd do a 6 speed swap, 2 / 4 pot conversion and rally interior pretty quickly.  Then I could look into JDM power later.  It's also priced fairly IMO.  

5/6/22 1:38 a.m.

It looks mostly stock here which is good.

5/7/22 10:48 p.m.

This is tough.  The blaze yellow WRX is quite stock.  It's reasonably priced compared to other WRXs.  It is high mileage.  It has some Subie rust.  By Carfax it spent most of its life in WV and OH and was serviced at Subie dealers.  It hit a deer once and was fixed.  It has a clean title, no salvage or rebuilt branding.  Most WRXs seem to have salvage or rebuilt titles.  It's one of 450 in blaze yellow.  It is repairable.  My kiddo is sad I sold the yellow Boxster and likes this yellow.  I want a WRX as my rallycross car..... but Subaru rally cars were blue!  I also feel like if I don't give this car a better life it'll become a scrap parts car.  

5/9/22 12:27 a.m.

Definitely no longer want an STI. Just paying extra for Brembos and 17" wheels I don't need and will have to remove.  For the price difference I can get a 6 spd and much better EJ207.  

Definitely want a WRX.  I strongly prefer bugeyes and Hawkeyes.  Hawkeyes also came with decent 4 pot and 2 pot brakes that fit 15s.  Still prefer rally blue.  Autotempest didn't really reveal any new cars to choose from this week.  I'm probably going to look at the poor crusty stock blaze yellow next weekend.  I need my RS gone too!  

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
5/9/22 11:04 a.m.

Did you check autotrader.com?

fusion66
fusion66 Reader
5/9/22 7:28 p.m.

Posted 42 minutes ago - don't know Subies so apologies if this not what you are after.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/522592824569057/permalink/2142756639219326/?m_entstream_source=feed_mobile&anchor_composer=false

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
ldtsloZZxwR1Va1gHEOlVZI7zBYFoyEVBkwbDPdHYrx8BbTB5GOs9NdtZY3VfRyo