Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/2/21 11:22 a.m.

Looking to help someone out by getting an old hulk off your property!

But let me know what you've got, im interested in the cheaper the better of course but if you've got something with lots of good parts I'm ok paying realistic price. Friend of friend deals! Someone must have an RB B rotting away somewhere. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
3/2/21 11:45 a.m.

only know of a metal bumper MGB GT   :)

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/2/21 1:29 p.m.

"Looking for rubber bumper MG"

-no one, ever

RACEC4R
RACEC4R New Reader
3/2/21 1:35 p.m.

Moar projects?!  Moar?!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
3/2/21 2:04 p.m.
RACEC4R said:

Moar projects?!  Moar?!

Need the front crossmember and steering rack/shaft for the GT, and it would be useful to have the radiator and fans setup. But could also use plethora of tiny little things a parts car is good for. Lights, seats, interior bits, gauges, sway bars, etc, etc, etc.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
3/2/21 2:08 p.m.
chandler said:

"Looking for rubber bumper MG"

-no one, ever

sooooo - should be cheap right?

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
3/2/21 2:47 p.m.

I bet Karl has a few in his stash. They may be totally shot but you never know. Plus, FL is a really nice place to visit right now.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
3/2/21 3:26 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

good call, I bet he does too. That's a helluva drive right though. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/2/21 8:18 p.m.

Are you aware that the steering ratio is slower on the late rack?  I think the early rack can install in the late position with the late column.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
3/2/21 8:46 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Are you aware that the steering ratio is slower on the late rack?  I think the early rack can install in the late position with the late column.

This is good to know (I didn't) and is part of the reason I'd rather get my hands on an entire parts car than try to buy things piecemeal. I've never had both side-by-side to see the real differences.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/2/21 11:05 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I noticed it the first time I drove one around 1975....Not as slow as an MGC, but a chrome B is perfect.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
3/11/21 9:48 a.m.

Cross posting this post here, since I also am resolving this WTB ad:

A few days ago, I found an ad on fb for bumpers and a dashboard, for $25. I responded since I'm a nut, but the woman said the parts were her dad's and he had a ton more in the garage. So I called him and agreed to drive out.

Turns out, he did have a lot more. He handed me this page and asked me if there was anything I wanted.

I thought I knew what I needed, but as we started looking through his stuff for things I was interested in (radiator, fans, taillights), I started noticing most of the parts were really nice. Great chrome, good shape, everything wrapped up nicely in packing paper. I started to wonder if I could remember if my door handles were as nice, for example. I stopped him and asked if he was looking to sell it all. He told me he realized the other day that this stuff had been sitting untouched in his garage for 15 years, so yes, it was all for sale.

I made him an offer of $150 for everything except the trans and zenith carbs. He accepted. Here's what I came home with - oops.

Next, I had been invited by a guy on the mgb exp forum to a 'wednesday night mg club' meeting that was pretty local to me. So I swing by, and meet some good guys who are all mg nuts.

I was able to stay and chat for a while, which was nice, and when I mentioned I was looking for an RB crossmember, the guy that owned the place pointed to one under his bench and said "That one's yours. Next time you come by, bring me a case of Miller light in glass bottles". 

So, all in all a good trade. A crossmember and some new friends for 12 beers (and by the way, it's really only 10 or maybe even less because I drank 2 of his while I was there!)

And now I've got the "parts car" I was looking for, without even having to drag a parts car home, disassemble it, and get rid of the husk.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UPjb7Db1y8SVkaAFtVWwIZU28qbZKiccxLSzOm6ED0NvxhSHFMoyFLuQsJSzgkh8