Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/12/21 7:08 p.m.

Guess where that pic was snapped!

Previous ad from when I bought it: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/fs-merkur-xr4ti-v8-swapped-302-50-88-irs-street-legal/138071/page1/

I bought this a few years back to be a safer, cheaper HPDE alternative to an increasingly rare BMW Z4 coupe. It runs 87 octane like a champ, so it's certainly been cheaper. Needs what I would describe as "quite a bit of tinkering" to be properly fast, but it's pretty neutral and fun the way it is. All I've done to it is add a Sabelt GT Pad seat with 6 point latch and link harness while putting the old driver's seat on the right side, mess with the brakes so they work, add a tach, quick release for the steering wheel, and a bunch of little adjustments.

Quick release front bumper makes for easy tie downs.

Engine feels/sounds/runs pretty great, but with iron heads/shorty headers, there's a pretty easy upgrade path. Falls off at 6500 rpm. 4.10 LSD makes that come up pretty quick in most gears

I have the Bi-Plane wing still in my garage. Yes I know it's a crime it hasn't been on the car. I think there's some aluminum side skirts that bolt on the bottom black rails somewhere, too. If not, I think I still have the plastic cladding. Side pipe sounds mean! Every car should have a side pipe. Comes with uninstalled GLoc R10 brake pads for both front and rear.

Carb gives me some fits (stalling) in sustained high-G environments (Nelson Ledges) which makes me believe a baffled fuel cell or a surge tank would be a great upgrade. I have yet to have that trouble elsewhere. It's not perfect, but I'd take it to any track and have a good time with it. Just be prepared to break out the wrenches and ask the crowd that forms for help turning them.

Probably still street legal, but I never bothered because race car.

Willing to deliver within a couple hundred miles of Dayton, Ohio. Also willing to entertain trade offers for rare motorcycles or turbo snowmobiles.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
7/12/21 8:18 p.m.

E36 M3. I didn't need to see this.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
7/26/21 9:06 p.m.

Did you get my PM?

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/26/21 9:34 p.m.

I didn't. My phone has been not giving me notifications lately and I have no idea why. That said, I can't seem to find it.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
8/25/21 6:53 p.m.

Bump.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
4/6/22 11:18 a.m.

Bump, price drop to $7000

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
4/15/22 2:18 p.m.

Bump. $6700 obo.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
5/16/22 5:57 p.m.

Bump

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
8/2/22 12:43 p.m.

Bump, want to trade for a Saab rally car. Older is better, but I'm open to options.

jasonkimosabe
jasonkimosabe New Reader
8/3/22 12:54 a.m.

With OBO and several bumps (take that how you will) in mind, $2k and I promise to run it in the 2k challenge this year. (Can't promise I'll win, but, if I were the judge, an Xr4Ti would always win). Can keep the parts you want for the lower price. (Not low balling, just a pipe dream)

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
10/12/22 5:54 p.m.

Serious price reduction, I want to keep the Sabelt seat and the harnesses. Needs a new battery from sitting so long. $3500 come get it.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
10/12/22 5:58 p.m.

I remember that car running around RVA years ago with the turbo 4. Good luck with the sale!

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/14/22 9:32 a.m.

$3500 is a smokin' deal for this thing.  GLWS.  

gimpstang
gimpstang Reader
10/14/22 6:32 p.m.

ooooooo  me likey.  

accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
10/26/22 2:07 p.m.
Cactus said:

Serious price reduction, I want to keep the Sabelt seat and the harnesses. Needs a new battery from sitting so long. $3500 come get it.

I missed this updated - I doubt it's still around, but I sent you an email just in case! 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/27/22 1:29 p.m.

Someone is going to be very happy.  Sadly I do not have room.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
10/27/22 1:39 p.m.

700 miles. 

That is super tempting. 

How about a trade for the Abomination and we meet halfway? You keep your seat and belts, and I'll keep mine. 

66105611_2242181602496912_9049847906328117248_o.jpg 

junkbox
junkbox
10/28/22 7:37 a.m.

I'd like to know if this has been snatched up yet too. I'm interested if it's available, please reach out if it is. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OvowPWwOuKUjvbEgZL4JiUhrQAORJ8PgorHbvWwbCinqblOk9Br2glM43dNy9MrG