Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/10/20 6:23 p.m.

Selling my 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. I'm second owner. Was daily driver but had plans to autocross it. It has factory 2.3L DURATEC DOHC motor that qualified as a PZEV. It's a 5 speed manual transmission car. Car has zero engine modifications for exception of a FSWERKS fenderwell cold air intake (was installed but removed for smog, comes with car). I never got the chance to track the car but enjoyed driving car to and from work as it is peppy and enjoys the twisties. I did install FSWERKS front and rear strut tower braces which can be removed/unbolted. Sunroof works and doesn't leak. Power windows, locks, ac all works. I did however remove most of interior behind front seats (plastic trim panels, carpet, rear seats, seat belts). The head unit died so I deleted it with small plastic panel. Car passes smog as is in CA. It has 246k miles but it still runs strong and shifts smooth. Body and paint is still in pretty darn good shape. I'm a auto detailer so tried my best to keep it clean despite its age/and being my daily until a few months ago. So now I got a new VW golf, and I want someone to enjoy this car. I don't want it to end up in junkyard or sit at my ranch. Take it to weekend autocross, track day, rally stage, or to work every day....it's up to you. 

asking 2,000 OBO. Car is located in Hollister, CA.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UltraDork
10/10/20 6:29 p.m.

Want 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/10/20 8:57 p.m.

Big want. I had a mk1 wagon 5 speed with a jackson super charger and was legit the most fun you can have in traffic. 

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/10/20 9:45 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

I remember Super Street magazine had a Zetec ZX3 with Jackson Racing supercharger. Never saw one in person but sounded like a really sweet setup. 

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/15/20 1:48 a.m.

Please someone buy my car!! Lol. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/15/20 10:26 a.m.

Cosworth made an intake manifold for these that really wakes them up, rally suspension and limited slips are also available. With the right cams, headwork and that intake manifold, 230-240hp is doable with E85 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/16/20 8:45 p.m.

Would it survive CA to FL two days of the challenge, and the trip back to TX?  If so, would you challenge price it?  I will buy my son and I one way tickets.  This is the kind of ludicrous that makes good memories.  

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/17/20 4:55 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) : I have taken it on some long trips but nothing long as that  drove it everyday in hot Cali weather back and forth to work, even in traffic  although I did put new pads and front slottted rotors plus complete rear drum service in rear, not sure that is ready for track. How much is challenge price? I would love to see buy this car and have FUN track it whatever. I just didn't want the car to die. Lol. Darn thing does have some pep. Shoot me a price? 

forget to mention I did put VF rear motor mount which really change how car shifted and cleaned up powertrain rotation. The car is currently registered, passed smog. I have never seen temp gauge raise past normal. Tires are good, no major leaks, no check engine lights other than abs light is on...I accidentally damaged pigtail to driver rear ABS sensor  

10/19/20 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Scott Shankle :

$2k

The challenge is an autocross, 1/4 mile and concourse, it's our gracious host put on this fantastic event

If it's dailyable and current on smog and registration, I suspect that it'd be able to make the journey without having much second thoughts. 

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/19/20 9:37 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter)  I would love to see the car in that challenge!!!!! Not sure how it would do in concourse part as it is has panels remove in back but car will come with it. Hope someone can make offer. It's a driver...it's fun...COME GET IT!!!!  

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
10/19/20 9:52 p.m.

Max budget for the challenge is 2k

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/19/20 10:38 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Name a price. Sounds like it is too late for this $2000 challenge. But if am open/Negotiable to offers. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/23/20 8:44 p.m.

I may still get this thing for my son in a month or so if still available.  The catch would be he has to let me take it to the 2021 challenge.  

He and I are actually doing a fly and drive in a little over a week for my next toy.

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/26/20 2:43 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :ok let me know

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/28/20 8:39 p.m.

If the insurance folks are good to me I may be bigly interested. Should know more in a few days. If you sell before then, that's cool. I still have no idea what my budget is going to be. 

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/29/20 6:12 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Came here to link this in your other thread. I see you are already here, twice.

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
10/30/20 9:29 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :haven't had any luck on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist  so I'm open to offers  I want this car to be someone's fun car or track car  

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/30/20 11:53 p.m.

Pretty much depends what the insurance says. Should be pretty easy to locate a rear seat and belts. And these cars are fun, I drove my 05 2.0 longer than any car I've owned. I'll let you know. 

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
11/2/20 7:25 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) : I have all seat belts and seats  just not installed  noting cut  just removed  the only thing is rear side carpeting for "hatch/trunk" area as that was removed for FSWERKS brace  that is easily found

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/2/20 7:36 p.m.

Good to know!

11/15/20 1:48 p.m.
slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/15/20 2:00 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Dangit, I wish I hadn't depleted my fun money for the month, I'd put that on my car. Used is better in this case, implies it's been fitted on a car already...the cheap ebay clones of cosworth intakes (which I assume this is) sometimes need some massaging to work properly. Or so I've read, anyway.

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
11/26/20 10:47 p.m.

Scott Shankle
Scott Shankle New Reader
2/4/21 4:29 p.m.

Car still for sale. Lowered price from 2,500 to 2,000 

eskystang@yahoo.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dKjNlCy31um6CuJ6Mu3kzpwzqe1YkW1thRXm0YHrOC5O4Z5wLIxuvBiVlELFcN0r