1 2
Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/4/19 10:39 p.m.

I can’t believe this hasn’t sold.  I’ve purchased a few vehicles from the West coast and shipping would probably be around 1500.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
8/4/19 10:52 p.m.
Cotton said:

I can’t believe this hasn’t sold.  I’ve purchased a few vehicles from the West coast and shipping would probably be around 1500.

Buy it so I can buy it from you later 

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
8/4/19 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Apparently it has. Ad's gone.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
8/5/19 11:07 a.m.

Sounds like I'm wrong and the ad was just pulled because it was only notifying the riff-raff. I mean the riff-raff who just lowball and ask silly questions, not standup riff-raff like you get here at GRM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/5/19 11:24 a.m.

In reply to Ransom :

Is it advertised somewhere then so I can continue to daydream about it?

Followup question... how much does the hive think this could be flipped for on the east coast after a spectacular roadtrip and "finishing" the interior?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/5/19 12:37 p.m.

Jag weighs ~1000? Lbs more than a Mustang with 5.0.  Can  she move along smartly or just a Jag that can break down anywhere in America?

Gut it, cage it, Group 44 it?

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
8/5/19 12:58 p.m.

Jumper - I sent you an email. 

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
8/5/19 1:58 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

A significant chunk of that thousand pounds is the difference between the Jag lump and the Ford. Far from the whole thing, but not insignificant.

Gutting this one sounds like tearing up a silk purse to make a faster sow's ear.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
8/5/19 2:30 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

If you end up passing let me know and I need to check this section of the forum more often.

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
8/6/19 8:39 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Did not receive anything. I just changed my email info with the website to my work address. Should work now

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
8/6/19 9:45 a.m.

PM sent again. I usually get an immediate bounce (forum doesn't seem to like Yahoo email addresses) but I didn't. So, if you don't have anything, please let me know again!

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
8/8/19 9:57 p.m.
914Driver said:

Jag weighs ~1000? Lbs more than a Mustang with 5.0.  Can  she move along smartly or just a Jag that can break down anywhere in America?

Gut it, cage it, Group 44 it?

Jaguar sedans of that era weighed north of 4300 pounds plus occupants, luggage and fuel. 

The real weakness is not the engines or transmissions. It’s the electrical system. In theory it was over engineered but in practice every component got it’s own ground. While there was labor unrest, much of the problem stemmed from piecemeal payments. Labor was paid by how fast they could connect things, not how well.  Frequently the problems were a simple loose ground wire.  However shop mechanics have bills to pay too! Why be paid only a few dollars to tighten a screw when you could collect many- many times that amount for replacing the whole unit?  

Other troubles were the miles of vacuum hoses on luxury cars of that era.  A real nightmare of tubing to exam and sort out.  In addition the low volume of cars often meant the HVAC just wasn’t easy to work on or as reliable as that on the Chevy or Ford.  

Swap a different engine in and you still had all those issues to deal with.  Plus it was a heavy luxury car not a light sporty car.  Finally the rear end ratio was often a 2:88 ?  

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
8/8/19 10:06 p.m.

In reply to Ransom :

The weight difference between the Jaguar engine  and a small block Chevy is a couple of hundred pounds.  The wool carpet, plush leather, sophisticated suspension, and sound deadening accounts for the rest.  

On top of that is a car that will do an honest 150 mph while carrying 4 adults and their golf clubs in absolute comfort.  

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
9/6/19 10:35 a.m.

This has to be sold by now, right?  It looks like a great deal...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nj4t77OfJb8uuEQFPVXtvaFwcwt75f1Jli4fqqkLkbPUeibuID2JzyRFHIYYduKj