gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/14/20 5:34 p.m.

Link to my ad on autotrader.com

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=523377558&LNX=

link to my flickr photostream with over 200 photos and some videos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159999126@N07

Link to my failed BaT auction.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m5-47/

Over a year on autotrader with price drops regularly, it appraised for $28,500 in January 2020. I may have been a little too picky on who I sell it to, I just don't want this girl to sit on blocks in someones yard because they can't maintain it.

Can drive anywhere in the country.  Will consider partial trade for a motorcycle(600-1000cc, no cruisers)

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/21/20 1:16 p.m.

Beauty

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/21/20 2:01 p.m.

Beautiful car. GLWS!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 9:51 p.m.

Thanks guys. I always feel like there's people out there with money and they don't ever search at such a low price point . thats fine. The issue is the enthusiast that can ALMOST afford to buy the car and if I will come down in price just a few thousand..... they will buy the car and really enjoy it until something needs work at which point it will sit on blocks unused and rust away till they can "fix" it which never happens. NO THANK YOU.  This car with an uncracked dash that is ready to drive across the country at any speed will not go quietly in to the night. If your negotiation tactic is to describe how you are going to restore it but can only pay X amount because the rest of your money will be spent to make it perfect, you can't afford this car. go buy a corolla. I;'ll keep it for that. thank you, and you're a liar. Sorry, I've been approached with this exact tactic at least half a dozen times. Does nobody with money want a quality vehicle anymore?

-

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
9/25/20 4:05 p.m.

I've always liked these and wanted one.  Just don't really have the space or $$ to devote to one now.  Of course when I'm retired and do, they'll be far more expensive I'm sure.

ojannen
ojannen Reader
9/25/20 4:16 p.m.

I had an E28 about five years ago.  It is crazy how the prices have stagnated since then.  I would have imagined them going through the roof along with everything else from the 80s.  Especially a limited production halo car like this one.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
9/25/20 5:47 p.m.

Especially given the increase in price of the E39 M5's...

gunner (Forum Supporter)
9/26/20 9:26 a.m.

I took her out this morning to get a donut with my youngest, she loves riding around in it. she calls it "the cool car". She wants me to keep it so she can drive it. this morning she was saying, "If you don't sell it by the time I'm 16, can I drive it then?" She's 11. I told her only if she learns to drive a stick on my corolla first.

Still a brilliant car to drive.

Our Preferred Partners
TApx3PfnDMzIlSaKsSVZmMP2EIzNWGmZDkJJTqgudjUK3INcZzBS0eYHsIDdbHRj