oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
12/12/18 10:55 p.m.

So I have had a spat of deep thinking lately and I am considering parting with some of my treasures.  The first to go on the block is the the culmination of 30 years of parts gathering:

This truck started life as a 383 big block automatic transmission truck with power steering, power brakes, and factory AC. It now sports a 440 with a 4-speed manual transmission.

I had the engine rebuilt for a different truck with 11:1 compression and a torque oriented cam but didn't spring for hardened valve seats because I was going to get better heads and figured I could use lead additive for a while.  40k miles later I pulled the engine to put it in my firetruck and found out that the valves had receded and set the motor into storage.  About 7 years ago we pulled it out, swapped on a set of 26k mile industrial rv heads to drop the compression a bit, and dropped it in this truck.  It's run about an hour since.

The truck has that same hour of run time on a new Centerforce clutch, new front driveshaft section and all ujoints, brake hydraulics, wheel bearings, and fluids. 

It needs the exhaust hooked up, a cooling fan of some sort, and front floors to drive down the road. 

If that was it I would probably be overpriced. But wait, there's more!

This truck comes with a spare 69 crew cab cab, several trucks worth of doors and hoods, an early sweptline quad headlight front end, an earlier dash, an rv front axle with everything needed to convert the front straight axle to disc brakes, another 68 crew cab long bed frame, an 85 crew cab long bed frame, a dually rear axle, a new windshield, a sliding rear window, and replacement front floors.

It can also include a set of rebuilt regular heads and a rebuilt automatic transmission, both with about 200 miles on them, a 9' step side bed, a Spicer 3053 overdrive 5-speed, or any number of other goodies from around here.

Asking $5k from the real world with a bit less stuff included, and in this case the GRM discount is mostly going to be based on how big your trailer is. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/13/18 5:48 a.m.

That's huge!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
12/13/18 7:27 a.m.

Glad this is half a continent away....

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
12/13/18 7:51 a.m.

That's so berkeleying cool.

GLWS!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/13/18 8:19 a.m.

Glad you aren’t nearby.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/13/18 9:10 a.m.

Cool truck!  Used to sell them at the Government Auction with a Slant 6 for ~$1,000.   Won;t see that again.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/13/18 3:55 p.m.

I'm going to just keep repeating "I already have too many old crew cab Dodges" until this apparition fades from my memory.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/22/19 4:57 p.m.

And sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vO9eXa2MVuBWfe4X7YJMHlLKGtKXTPwlR734kY7f7bggj93dOsEPmGIfZM6SixyQ