Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/4/22 8:27 a.m.
feature_image

Sponsored Content Presented by Christopher John Ltd.

Looking for a well-restored British classic? Look no further than this 1967 TR4.

Said to be the result of a no-expense-spared, frame-off restoration, the Triumph comes finished in black over a red interior.

Additionally, the car is offered…

Read the rest of the story

Haywire
Haywire New Reader
2/4/22 1:22 p.m.

Is that steering wheel correct?  It wasn't for '64 and '65, which were the models I owned.  Seat upholstery looks wrong too.  Sorry I was an NCRS judge a while ago and "restoration" has pretty specific meaning to me.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
2/5/22 9:41 p.m.

Upholstery is correct for a TR4A like this car. The steering wheel is aftermarket but period correct accessory.  Valve cover is accessory and carbs may be back dated (but better) most TR4As had Zenith-Strombergs.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/10/22 11:35 a.m.

1967 TR4A's had gone back to SU's, so that is correct. Really nice car, should go for all the money

joeymec
joeymec
2/24/22 11:42 a.m.

Nice TR-4a and a good year.  An old friend has a nicely  restored, driver quality TR-4a which I really like because you can drive it and you want to drive it! The only problem I ever have these no-holds-barred restorations is that they are restored better than the condition the vehicle came out of the British factory.   It also becomes very hard to use them because of their museum quality.   This is not a fault on anyone's part.  I like  seeing a nice quality piece of my younger history also.  Now in my older days, I just want to drive 'em and not worry if i'm going to chip the paint or create an oil leak or get any stones stuck in the undercarriage.  Just my opinion and not necessarily that of the mgmt!

SSpro
SSpro New Reader
6/20/22 11:42 a.m.

I have a correct banjo wheel if wanted.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
49eCjwgYPW6HflC54h6ZpuQEm2lj4isGZuvEk7E2B8TrTbUvd8f3TY9hkwj7Zjeg