Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/14/22 4:51 p.m.
feature_image

Sponsored content presented by Carlisle Auctions.

In the market for a friendly-looking classic? How about this 1959 Ford Anglia?

Billed as one of only around 1000 examples imported into the United States, the Anglia is powered by a 999cc inline-four backed by a four-speed manual transmission.

Read the rest of the story

tmcquill
tmcquill
9/15/22 9:28 p.m.

This was my first car though in black upon black.  Driving the car I imagined myself, as a 18 year old  freshman, in the Monte Carlo Rallye.  However Buffalo NY winters were not kind to the car as when the temp dipped below 32 degrees or so, the engine was dead as a doornail.  This was my initial experience of numerous future learning opportunities of British cars.  Following British car was a 1960 AH Sprite!

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/16/22 9:15 a.m.
tmcquill said:

This was my first car though in black upon black.  Driving the car I imagined myself, as a 18 year old  freshman, in the Monte Carlo Rallye.  However Buffalo NY winters were not kind to the car as when the temp dipped below 32 degrees or so, the engine was dead as a doornail.  This was my initial experience of numerous future learning opportunities of British cars.  Following British car was a 1960 AH Sprite!

Cool first car. As someone who went to college in Rochester, N.Y., I can understand your struggles. Did you get to take your car out much in the snow or was it dead most of the time you had opportunities to do so? If you did drive it in the snow, how was it?

MichaelRogers
MichaelRogers New Reader
2/4/23 2:52 p.m.

Didn't the last of them come with the 105E ohv engine that powered a hundered sports and race cars?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JyG90NSxJscK3yIfEolGoADFQXsv1drsR5dsVqQaGqxhKSyVWYwpmFsJ4l48q5aI