1 2
RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/15/21 10:45 p.m.

Should know better than to adopt even a hint of "Modern Tech"! Should know better than to let 'Net based claims get to me.

I would really like a fuel system that does not have to be manually adjusted when going from below sea level to 9000'. This is just the support truck, so a basic F.I. should make life simpler, but instead is trying to catch on fire.

I have a plan for in the morning, start with the basics. If that does not work I will put a carb back on. At least the carb RAN, and did not emit flames.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/17/21 4:20 p.m.

OT to the original subject but re-flashing the FiTech system with current software instead of 2017 appears to have helped a lot. Corrupted files?

Still running rich and IAC is way off, no chance I get to just pay for a tune at $550 for the session. Also the truck is too wide for the local Dyno's.

But at least it is no longer catching on fire. From here I "Should" be able to sort it out. Have to get it done as I have three cars to pick up and none are local.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/17/21 9:49 p.m.

Morris Minor are NOT all sold, yet.

U.K. guy has not sent funds or a container yet, and only a week remains. So NOW is the time to make your offer even if it is a bit low.

FiTech on my truck is almost good to go after a software update, still trying to tweak the IAC down a bit.

Hope to go after my Convertible this weekend.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/21/21 1:18 a.m.

Got the Convertible home, still have to unload it from the truck.

Took some pics of the PU, Woody, and 4-door. All very solid and no front frame damage. Excellent floors, very much rust free cars. All are total restorations, the 4-door has a complete drive-train in it and is very complete except seats. There are a dozen core engines and several trans for the others. There is a good but not perfect bonnet for the Woody, there is a lot of new and very good used wood for it too.

All has to be gone by next Saturday. I will know more on Tuesday, the U.K. guy is supposed to close the deal or or not by then. If not I have made an offer which I actually believe to be fair for basket cases and rushed collection.

If I do get them I would offer up the 4-door immediately. Might do some work to the Woody before trying to sell it. I have a body rotisserie to make chassis restoration easier.

I did take pics but its been a long day so will post Monday.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/24/21 12:45 a.m.

Spoke to the seller today. He is down to Saturday to get the cars out of the warehouse. He has updated the Facebook post since I bought the convertible, lots of pics. Parts are being sorted and put into the cars as much as possible. 4-Door might be had really cheap at this point.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
jOuA3zpvvDDFmeYTOQBYgOJ3RuVqiQPKxWMmTBgQ7e6Nlv7lOg57ntCfceosm1E6