TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/19/19 10:18 a.m.

Easy to put pics here with the mountains icon just above the type in box. There was a car as described that ran EMRA in the mid 1970s built by a man named Marty Epp. Is this that car? my photo from 1974

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
6/19/19 10:23 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Wow! (Triple wow if you turn out to be correct!)

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/19/19 10:42 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

That body was fresh in '75. Here it is in "74, same car and driver. I am off one year in the post above.sad I don't think it had the Pinto engine yet in the earlier photo.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/19/19 10:47 a.m.

Mmmmmm, TVR race cars. 

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
6/22/19 12:07 p.m.

Thanks turner x19  , you maybe right , some things look very similar the my car . Can you assist on how to pics on here if you don’t mind ? Or better yet shoot me an email I would really like to have some information on this car , bought from a fellow in

Long island 3-4 years ago , his uncle who had passed away owned for many many years he said , of course he told me a bunch of crap that I let go in one ear and out the other , 90% wasn’t true and I knew it as he was telling me , but I didn’t call him out on it . Anyway I appreciate any help , thanks 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/22/19 2:05 p.m.

Tony, text me pictures and I’ll put them up for you.  Please don’t send anything between 4-5:30 this afternoon because i’ll be in church for a wedding and don’t want my pocket buzzing away.  

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
6/22/19 9:46 p.m.

Thanks Patrick,,I’ll send some tomorrow, I want to take some different pics since I have it out

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/23/19 1:57 p.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/23/19 2:06 p.m.

Does anyone have more pictures of the black car?  I see some cues from one to the other, but if it’s the same car some things definitely have changed.  

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/23/19 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I know that Fred DeFabio knew Marty Epp, both were EMRA guys when I joined in '73. My photos were taken at Bridgehampton, so Long Island. I do see lots of differences, and I never saw the car close enough to recognize the exhaust "system" , seat, or the "torque braces"surprise. Is there any evidence of the front roll hoop? I will make some enquiries of EMRA old timers in the next week, maybe we can learn a little more. I do not have any more photos, I only saw the Epp car twice.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/23/19 7:12 p.m.

I remember seeing this car on Craigslist a Year or so ago. Are you a longtime owner who was trying to sell it then, or did you just buy it recently?

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
6/23/19 7:35 p.m.

I have it for about 4 years , I bought from Fred  DiFabiio’s  nephew , I never advertised it, maybe he did , , I never saw it advertised, I have a lot of friends in the NY city area and one of them  spotted it in an open garage and saw what looked liked an old Ferrari race car , he stopped and  inquired about it and then gave me the info and I bought it . 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/23/19 9:21 p.m.

In reply to pizzaman1 :

Maybe it was further back than I remember. I used to search for TVRs fairly regularly.

Nifty car.

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
6/23/19 9:39 p.m.

In reply to Woody

As far as I know this is a Grantura chassis from 62-63 , everything, except motor and transmission is TVR including rear drum brakes which I’m gong to update to disc if I keep the car , thanks for input . 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/23/19 10:06 p.m.

More evidence that this is the same car, obviously removed pieces ground off the main hoop and a pillar area 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/23/19 10:13 p.m.

I see holes for the rear wing mount on the deck in the main hoop photo too.  Marty Epp's TVR re-surfaces!

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
6/24/19 7:28 a.m.

Is Marty Epps still with us ? 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/24/19 10:03 p.m.

In reply to pizzaman1 :

I will check on that, but I doubt it.

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
6/25/19 9:22 p.m.

Hey Turner x19 

Marty Epp passed away in  2000 , he was 74 , my memories from those years are creeping back , i now remember seeing that car at Lime Rock in July of 76 , I was attending my second driver’s school , I was a member of SCCA NEPA region, I was driving  a CSR Merlyn - Alfa , and I got to race in a regional that weekend , of all the sports racers were grouped together, ASR BSR CSR  and of an assortment of production cars both small bore and big bore , it was an amazing sight for a first time race driver ,  I kept my nose clean finished the race , but I remember being lapped by 3 cars on the last lap , the leadin ASR a Chevron- CSR with the newest 1300 BDD MOTOR and a mean sounding BSR which was Marty Epp’s TVR , now 40 some years later that car sits in my garage , 

wow , life is strange, isn’t it ? . 

Anyway , I sent a message to EMRA hoping to get some more details on this car so I can put together it’s history . Thanks again for your input . 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/26/19 7:41 a.m.

In reply to pizzaman1 :

You are unlikely to get anything from EMRA.

Our Preferred Partners
dZHnVyyPljNAZMSWXDsGUud1WPmowWjUBL2bAP8GJBMqqBfJHjTNP2VX0VjbBRbt