GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
1/26/21 10:26 a.m.

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/38755239?RowNumber=1167

... good luck finding Opel parts without resorting to ebay, but she's complete.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/26/21 10:33 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

It's not so much the Opel parts that I would be worried about - a lot of them are standard GM stuff like the transmission and very robust. The custom parts they're bolted to, however...

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/26/21 10:37 a.m.

Color and view dependent, but I dont hate these. They were pretty bad-ass car in the day and a 2jz might wake it up.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/26/21 11:17 a.m.

I remember these from C&D back in the 80's. Cool car but agree parts would be difficult. This one look pretty solid.

maisgelb
maisgelb New Reader
1/26/21 1:47 p.m.

I've been a fan of the clean styling on the Ferrari 400 after seeing one in person, so this has appeal.

Next Best Thing: Ferrari 400 versus Bitter SC

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/26/21 2:18 p.m.

A friend bought one. Then two more. One got parted, one is raced in Lemons, one got sold. He's been importing Opel parts from Europe and Commodore parts from Australia. They are very much a hand-built car in a lot of ways, but there's a surprisingly robust owner's club that is remanufacturing some of the Bitter-specific parts.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
1/26/21 4:59 p.m.

One shows up pretty regularly to a Detroit area Saturday AM cars and coffee event I frequent.   Neat car.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/27/21 6:26 a.m.

A nutty collector friend who likes weird cars has two of them, both swapped to American V8s (on SBC, one SBF). Predictably, they overheat. He really likes them, though. Build quality seems really high.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/21 11:58 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

They're supposed to be very high quality cars, which they'd better be as they weren't exactly cheap when new. Plus they had to get German TUEV certifications so they would be road legal there (Bitter is/was a German company).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U1lfeIURwj9GJZpGIgJpo4hQs6GN1FV6GxhRI5tNJqbaZ8Vxex1oX4447fKoDemh