Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/24/18 2:41 p.m.

Restoring a car is more than just the grunt work. You need to have a game plan, too. While there are many mental aspects to classic car restoration that are no doubt best left to highly trained psychiatric professionals, here are some quick tips regarding the organization, timing and motivation req…

Read the rest of the story

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
5/27/18 9:33 p.m.

The only things i know of that look anything like that are DeLorean and Lotus parts.  My interest is piqued.

billbrewer59
billbrewer59
1/7/19 1:20 p.m.

My best projects have come from other guy's stalled projects. I recently put an early Morgan +4 flat rad on the road for about 25% if what it would have cost to buy a project car and restore it from scratch. I've restored a total of 5 cars and am restoring another currently. I actually think that I'll come out ahead on a couple of them. My biggest money pits have been a Porsche 912 (before prices jumped up) and a Triumph TR6. You make money when you buy the project, not when you sell the car.

That being said, resurrecting or restoring old cars is a blast whether it make financial sense or not.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
1/10/19 8:22 a.m.

Bill,

You are very wise to realize this.

Canuckblues
Canuckblues None
3/28/19 7:14 p.m.

One thing that I find lacking on the 12 Tips List are Tools.

I lot of car lovers think they can do there restoration with the tools that they curently own.

By the time you have all the tools you need to finish your project eg. Welders,Engine Lifts Sand Blasting Cabinets to name a few.The cost involved can be a much as the project car or more.This would also effect the amount of space needed to store the project car and would put a strain on most house hold garages.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/16/22 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Canuckblues :

We have written other pieces and done videos on tools needed for restoration.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MZc5PpYPSwgwGCg040mtDbfWX13Z3v9frnIXrQpt28JxpPGvds2CTD5A1mv1TD2F