Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/18/18 12:26 p.m.

This story ran in an old issue of Classic Motorsports. Want to make sure you're reading all the latest stories? Subscribe now.

Story by Tim Suddard • Photography by the author unless otherwise credited

At their core, concours events are acts of rebellion. Think about it: row after row of decades…

Read the rest of the story

skutney
skutney New Reader
1/24/19 12:11 p.m.

I like that first line, "concours events are acts of rebellion."

abcarman
abcarman New Reader
1/21/22 10:48 a.m.

Very informative article.  Over the years I've found that each event tends to emphasize different aspects of the judging sheet.  For example multi marque events tend to emphasize overall presentation (paint, panel fit,  interior, engine compartment etc.) while marque specific events emphasize correctness of your car to a standard which is how the car appeared and operated when it left the factory.  Since so many of the cars accepted to invitational events are excellent examples tip number 13 is the essential tiebraker.  Know your car,  research and share it's unique history.  In the end that's what will set your car apart in the judges mind. If I can add tip number 14 - Have a good time.  Too often I see owners worried about "winning" a ribbon or trophy.  You'll have a much more enjoyable day if you take the attitude that just being on the showfield is reward enough.  Anything beyond that is icing on the cake. 

Our Preferred Partners
plJ5OkdYKjcuLKab6JqhJwhhsa50PAdofjEhNmQnQ5uOTYq9DHjJXOAsb4mLKFmD