J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
3/17/23 7:02 p.m.
feature_image

BMW XM: Can an SUV feel like an M car?

An M-badged SUV is nothing new, but what happens when you let BMW M loose to design their own SUV? You get the BMW XM, a 6062-pound behemoth with a plug-in hybrid powertrain (an M first) that puts out 644 horsepower and 590 lb.-ft. of torque. Those may be imp…

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/18/23 8:20 a.m.
J.A. Ackley said: 

BMW M officials reminded us that they don’t create one-off powertrains, so keep an eye out for future M products with this configuration.

I like this sentence the most. Excited to see where else we'll see this powertrain.

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
3/20/23 4:34 p.m.

Just when I thought that designers had reached the epitome of bad taste in front end designs, BMW raises the bar. Can't find one redeeming feature of that car's design. I just keep having visions of a hog snorting in his favorite wallow. Yecchhhh.

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
3/22/23 8:03 p.m.
300zxfreak said:

Just when I thought that designers had reached the epitome of bad taste in front end designs, BMW raises the bar. Can't find one redeeming feature of that car's design. I just keep having visions of a hog snorting in his favorite wallow. Yecchhhh.

Ya, maybe the worst front end ever. It manages to combine the worst of BMW front ends with elements of the worst of Lexus front ends. An absolute abomination.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
4/12/23 8:52 a.m.

Update on the BMW XM Label Red.

It'll put out 738 horsepower, do a zero to 60 in 3.7 seconds, and a top speed of 175 mph with the optional M Driver's Package. This makes it the most powerful M vehicle ever built.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nXDxkNNPG91kbXWrImliVt4EBQHCnRgdqpNSUnJ1cbJZYvv53yQ0i0qMAVZUDrcW