Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/23/20 11:34 a.m.

Guys,

We had an editorial meeting this morning via Microsoft Teams, as are all working from home. Obviously like everyone else, we are trying to navigate new territory. 

First, I want to thank all of you for busily supporting this board, as well as our publications, websites and our advertisers. You are the life blood of what we do. We also know that you depend on us to help you with your projects and to give you a diversion from your daily routine.  

I always try to find the good in every situation, and while perhaps a bit difficult this time around, one bit of good that is coming from the current world situation, is we are more able to focus on content generation and not a lot of the other aspects of our daily work lives. personally, I have been able to spend almost very waking minute at my computer, writing stories, or helping with video production and working in the shop.

To that end, you will see more videos, more tech tips, and more cool stories than ever before. As none of us are doctors, or have test kits in our back pockets, I figure the best thing we can do is provide you with the stories, tech tips and features you have expected from us for the better part of four decades.

If you have ideas or comments, please let us know and thanks again for your support. We hope you stay safe and please don't come to Florida and head to the beach!

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
3/23/20 12:15 p.m.

It sounds like you can work from home easily, but its not so easy for many of us.  For instance, I can do the paperwork part of my job OK, but we also are supposed to be testing some new product prototypes (medical electronics, but nothing that would help with THIS), and all the devices and equipment needed are still at work.  Some of the younger folks are going in a couple days a week, but I'm of sufficient age that my boss just told me to stay home as much as possible.

To fill the time this weekend, I decided to finally replace the plastic oil pressure gauge line on my toy with the steel braided line I bought a year ago.  Sounds easy, right?  Well, this is on the Tiger.   Tim, you and other Tiger or Alpine owners will understand the issue here.  I'm glad my hands are small, and even then it was crazy difficult.  And  to top it off, its going to have to come out again.  The new line is so stiff that I can't rotate the gage to  the correct position, it's pointing at about one o'clock.  Next weekend.

Hey... this could make a great thread for the forum.  Doing any interesting car stuff since we're staying home more? 

Stu

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/23/20 12:43 p.m.

Stu, 

Good idea. I have been doing and writing some more general tech tips. Please start it, or David probably will when he sees this. And if you think working your hands into a Tigeer is tough, try a Mini Cooper. it makes a Tiger look easy!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TPnyKeI4PYBw4izmpYYj8pBTfKBAxgWFCeCfbpITtGL9a5UFy8m8yKo1LqLJIS7q