HenryBraxton
HenryBraxton New Reader
4/12/19 6:46 a.m.

In the coming years I'm going to be racing in an open wheeled circle track series at a new england track. In case you're wondering, the SK Light Modifieds at Waterford Speedbowl. Any pointers and ways to familiarize myself with the track and competitors? I'm already familiarized with some aspects of driving because I have driven before but not something like these cars or that track.

{canoe links removed; were added 2 days later, afaik}

chaparral
chaparral Dork
4/12/19 8:50 a.m.

Don't crash! That may sound silly, but you'll learn a lot faster on the track than on pit road.

New England racing drivers are hilarously aggressive - they're self-selected from the most obnoxious drivers leaving Boston and Hartford at 4:30 on a Friday. If you can learn to snooker them they'll drive themselves out of your way when needed.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
4/12/19 9:22 a.m.

In reply to chaparral :

should I, or should I not, be reading your advice in a Boston accent?

edit:
also, how far is that speedway from the water?  I think they might need Paul Revere's assistance in canoeing across the water?

wspohn
wspohn Dork
4/12/19 4:27 p.m.

Whatever you do, do not allow one of your wheels to get inside those of another car, lest you get a sudden graphic exhibition of what the word 'slingshot' means!

OFracing
OFracing Reader
4/12/19 8:09 p.m.

Try some karting or  street stock class circle racing. Much cheaper than modifieds and you'll get some much needed seat time.

mike 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XWitX6aMEVpYAU5iFxf9GinEmhzzwqpbUsxyrpHYEP3K5L7vL3Y89KO5RAw5SH7g