gohard
gohard New Reader
1/26/10 9:07 p.m.

these must be a future classic What do you think ? esp in the Euro 325 bhp tune! i guess any M car is a classic but these were made in such limited numbers! comments welcome

Ian F
Ian F Dork
1/26/10 9:11 p.m.

I'd say it's possible. Good cars. Great engines. Unique look.

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
1/27/10 9:42 a.m.

I would say it is likely. Any homologation car is worth taking a look at. They are serious performance cars and raced in almost stock form. If you want one now is probably the time to buy as they are at the bottom of their depreciation.

minivanman
minivanman New Reader
1/27/10 1:10 p.m.

spelling, Mr. Auction Editor, spelling

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
1/27/10 1:44 p.m.

I agree with Andy. Buy one soon.

I like the Z4 Coupes better as something to own and drive everyday, but the Z3 Coupes have such a unique look (not wholly attractive to my eye, but unique for certain.) that I'd probably go with one of them instead. That said, the Z3 Roadster leaves me completely cold.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Reader
1/27/10 4:33 p.m.

I agree with Tom, I like the Z3 Coupe, the Z4 Coupe much better, but Z3 Roadster I really dislike.

I wouldn't mind having a Z3 Coupe though.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
1/27/10 6:28 p.m.

If I'm not mistaken, I think BMW sold more M Coupes than Z3 Coupes. At least in the US.

gohard
gohard New Reader
1/27/10 7:02 p.m.

well i brought mine at auction a couple of months back! figured as less than 900 eurospec z3 m coupes were made rhd it would have to be a good investment! time will tell of course, but meantime i get to enjoy the mean machine!

Spitsix
Spitsix Reader
1/27/10 9:19 p.m.

While I am missing one letter, my coupe still rocks. That being said, i would not mind a few more horsepower! Scott

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/28/10 11:17 a.m.

For a while there, the dealers were having trouble selling the original M coupes. I do dig those cars, though.

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
1/28/10 1:46 p.m.

I always screw up homologation. :) In the current collector price guides a nice condition Z3 M coupe is listed as worth between $11,500 and $21,500. I see a lot of them for $10,000-$12,000. I really would buy one ASAP as they are already attracting interest.

wspohn
wspohn New Reader
1/31/10 1:12 p.m.

I am not a big fan of the Z3 coupes - too much of the mini wagon look shared by the Jensen GT (for those that don't know, a hard top version of the Jensen Healey).

The Z4 coupe, OTOH, I absolutely love, and considered seriously before I bought my Solstice GXP coupe. I'd have wanted the M version to at least equal the Pontiac's performance, and I just couldn't find one around here.

JeffT
JeffT New Reader
1/31/10 6:10 p.m.

When I first saw one it reminded me of the movie Harold and Maude. Where Harold took a classic Jaguar and made a hurse out of it.

I like the cars and the look, would buy one if I had the money.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1XsMgp61auwKLnugQfHS0swWv4qdnKqbiy5PhPWlW7hHRkWKCtgOTwDvsyy1shtd