maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
5/7/18 9:33 a.m.

I love the liveries on the BRE 510s, specifically the mostly-blue one. Does anyone know the paint codes and/or color names so that I can replicate it for a Challenge car? I have searched pretty hard on google without any luck so far. 

02-1218_Datsun 510 BRE tribute

ggarrard
ggarrard Reader
5/7/18 4:31 p.m.

Maybe ask over on classiczcars.com ?   Lots of  knowledgeable Datsun people on the site

cheers

Gordon

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
5/8/18 12:09 a.m.

Maybe ask Peter Brock through Classic Motorsports, or at the BRE website?

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
5/8/18 9:39 p.m.

I looked into it a few years ago.  IIRC BRE has a trademark on the paint scheme and will sell you a license which includes the correct paint codes and dimensions.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
5/9/18 10:15 a.m.

For a Challenge car I would print out a photo and take it to the paint store.  I wanted a red, white, and blue flag theme and my local store had a few paint sample pages of generic (non-metalics) that were a hair cheaper.  The workers actually wanted to help me pick out the colors.  I assume because it was more interesting than their normal body shop, touch up, orders.  

Just a heads up, any Red will be easily 4 times the cost of the white.  Get just what you need or look through the messed up color mixes being sold at a discount.  I've gotten burgundy and silver for $5-$8 that way.   

Our last Challenge Miata had a medium green stripe that I got by mixing some Miata white to some "way too dark" green I got cheaply.  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
5/9/18 10:52 a.m.

Thanks for all the responses. I've never bought proper non-spray-paint at a proper not-Home-Depot paint store before. This job will be a learning experience for me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hisTiwnYr04XQnlDt4spWE0dHXRKWESmQV9qykW7qlibCgoTu8BK0Vo6fHh3I2Hj