David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/20/20 8:16 a.m.

[Editor’s Note: This article originally appeared in the March 2016 issue of Classic Motorsports.]

The original BMW M3 delivers pretty much everything a gearhead could want, from a high-revving engine and track-tuned suspension to big brakes and those giant flares. Oh, and it has the internat…

Read the rest of the story

JaneJLocane
JaneJLocane None
8/11/21 12:32 p.m.

I love BMW. This is my favorite car brand. It's very interesting to know all about creating such a powerful supercar.

bimmerbob
bimmerbob
7/20/22 11:52 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

David, thanks for your long time interest in the E30M3. As you may remember, my E30M3 was the feature E30 in your Grassroots magazine article that compared 4 generations of M3's, held at the BMW Performance Center some years ago. I don't say how many years b/c they've accumulated fast and I'm finally at that point where I can no longer keep my M3 and do it the justice it deserves. But that's irrelevant. Most owners of these beauties have taken their windfalls and moved on (though most regret it later). This car has been my favorite for many years. I have driven it hard over the years and then wash/wax it and go to local car events where it is always appreciated by car guys from all ages. It has also been very reliable and always puts a smile on my face before the first corner. It's why these M3's will always be cherished, will always be worth the money, will always show up where performance cars gather. When I finally decided it was time to let it go, I offered it first to your editor, who still remembers the day we drove 4 generations of M3's. I'm sure he regrets not adding it to his collection, but most car guy have a problem: garage space is always at a premium! The new owner is in his 20's, but has a personal desire to own one of these ledgendary cars. He has promised me he will drive it like he stole it on occassion, and that's what I will always remember...the drive!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JHMPtXgvYUzvKRTD75EseO09NhDVvDgUfWFRNdXjBO2jcVyS27SEe86EB3303aii