David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/18/20 10:33 a.m.

Road & Track’s first review of the Volvo 122S began with the highest of compliments. “Of all of the cars that are brought to our shores, one of the best-suited to American needs and driving habits is the Volvo 122-S,” the review opened. “Not because the Volvo i…

Read the rest of the story

Darwinz
Darwinz
6/19/20 2:05 a.m.

This is truly a remarkable ride in the 60's. My uncle used to have one back in the days, I'll ask if he also heard about that Canadian Shell 4000.

roverguy
roverguy New Reader
2/22/21 1:18 p.m.

Back before they were called "Swedish Bricks"  Only because they had rounded corners; never the less built like a Swedish brick S#*t house!

On our 8th Volvo, but nothing older than an '85 245.

Love the brand, worried about the sole being stolen by Geeley Int'l ;-(

OldBumpy
OldBumpy New Reader
2/22/21 4:40 p.m.

I had a '66 with the B/W slush box trans back in the day.  Sure do wish I had had the good sense to have kept it!  TR

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
2/23/21 10:37 a.m.

The 123 GT ws the one Swedish car I almost bought but never quite got there.  I really like them - rugged, decent handling, tunable engine.  Everything except knock-me-dead styling, but you can't have everything.

Actually that isn't quite true - I did have a momentary urge to buy a Saab Sonett III once but thankfully came to my senses before writing that cheque.  Still rather like that compact little Taunus V4 they used though

Our Preferred Partners
T2GFclyvZrSnimXzdYZWZ5OfZeOU6f1wNCZTdNnIMX2p5HSyYBIFqp5bMTej13qj