Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/23/20 8:07 a.m.
feature_image

1986 was an interesting year. It brought us the Mir space station, "Top Gun" and this 1986 Nissan 300ZX.

Aside from the awesome T-top, this 300ZX is a single-owner survivor that sports original paint and only 58,000 miles on the odometer.

Find it on eBay Motors for $12,900.

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/23/20 8:09 a.m.

A serious question I had when writing this up: Do you pronounce it "Zee-X" or "Zed-X"?

wspohn
wspohn Dork
4/23/20 11:18 a.m.

Zed-X is the correct pronounciation, but the ex-colonials to the South of me insist on a 'zee'  pronounciation.

FWIW the Japanese make two syllables out of it - 'zed-o'

Have never liked the looks of anything after the original 240Z styling. This 300 ZX makes me shudder to look at, but apparently some really like the styling. To each his own, I guess.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
4/23/20 12:52 p.m.

In the states is "Zee" the rest of the world it's "Zed" or "Fairlady.

It should also be noted that the 86 is a unique body style that shares most of its styling and mechanicals with the 84-85 models, it does have the subtlety flared fenders of the 87-89 body.

The Z31 is an under appreciated chassis. The semi trailer arm rear suspension was a bit soft and had rather poor geometry. The 87.6-89 turbo cars were the only in all of the six generations of Z to come with a. Proper clutch type LSD. With the addition of an inter cooler and boost controller the "190hp" can surpass 250hp at the wheel. From there your budget becomes the only real limit to the power that can be made.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WdpjhFODUov375MCiizi5KeNmDFmpwGFLkZtgnOO610aWqdhQAsNqYfjgBQGq7eE