Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/17/20 1:50 p.m.
feature_image

Sponsored article presented by RM Sotheby's.

Automobile prototypes are often scrapped or put into deep storage after they serve their purpose, never to be seen again. This 1969 Porsche 911 S Prototype is a little different, however.

Offered by RM Sotheby's as part of its…

Read the rest of the story

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
6/17/20 2:30 p.m.

I am confused.  Or in 1969 engine numbers did not go with chassis numbers.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/21/20 6:52 a.m.

This does not make sense. Original paint and a bare metal restoration. That is a neat trick. 

Still wearing its original Blutorange (Tangerine) paint, this 911 is said to have undergone a full bare-metal, rotisserie restoration

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/21/20 10:40 a.m.
dean1484 said:

This does not make sense. Original paint and a bare metal restoration. That is a neat trick. 

Still wearing its original Blutorange (Tangerine) paint, this 911 is said to have undergone a full bare-metal, rotisserie restoration

Special process.....scrap old paint off with razor blade  to bare metal , save shavings, 

go to lab and seperate original paint from  Earl Schieb paint , bondo and spray cab paint , 

Now you have "original paint "  if more is needed send it to special "paint cloning" lab 

Its a very special process , done by Germans in white lab coats........ 

Click bait for 10% discount and free shipping  surprise

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/21/20 10:45 a.m.

In reply to noddaz :

on the factory Kardex ( Build sheet)  the chassis number and engine number is recorded , 

if I was to guess it has the original engine number on the Kardex , then in the comments below it would say the engine number that the factory changed it too , and the date .

Hope that helps

Davidjaime
Davidjaime New Reader
6/21/20 11:20 a.m.

The car is very beautiful, I am impressed with the exterior of the car, not sure what its price is?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
joqcY9Qvoys1lS1I5RA0ETJymrsWw0xwbpkl1u0uACI8xFxm8tMmk1ZCeEOXfsWx