Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/20/20 10:18 a.m.
feature_image

Sponsored article presented by RM Sotheby's.

Eclectic may be an understatement when it comes to the Dave Leimbach Collection. The name may not be familiar, but many of the cars in the collection should be. Part of RM Sotheby's upcoming Auburn Fall sale, the 65-car collect…

Read the rest of the story

Dave, you were into some wild stuff. The good news? This sale will provide a lot of good information on just what the market thinks of some cars that don't have a lot of data, like these RADwood gems:

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/21/20 9:01 a.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela (Forum Unterstützer) :

That's a really good point.

Here I was thinking that if you want to get into the auction game, this might be a good collection to start with since projected values aren't into the millions (of course, that could quickly change).

In reply to Colin Wood :

I have a feeling that these will, as a whole, go for quite cheaply. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I wonder whether RM Sotheby's is the right fit for these cars. Should be interesting to watch regardless.

Jordan Rimpela (FS)
Jordan Rimpela (FS) Dork
9/10/20 8:58 a.m.

So the Buick Century? Just a hair over $7k. Great money for an A-Body, but not near the estimate. Not a surprise.

The Buick LeSabre Wagon? It went for under what I estimated at $6,325. A good deal that I attribute to the lack of cleanliness.

See how your hoopties did here.

The bizarro Iacocca limos went for a hair over $2k each. That's extremely good money for ersatz luxury.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YI3KWpJAY38hV1vTQyjNXq0NGIanwW2gVsAKo47PUFwPO8p5bIKaqFACw3IjFxSf