Scott Lear
Scott Lear
11/10/10 10:35 a.m.

In the world of fashion, it’s considered something of an embarrassment to show up at a prestigious event and find that someone else is wearing the same designer outfit. Luckily, the automotive world is more forgiving—many great friendships are formed at car shows and races between drivers who happe…

Read the rest of the story

sfisher71
sfisher71 New Reader
11/10/10 1:39 p.m.

I always thought the 122S was cute and quaint, till I saw one on a lift. The Panhard rod at the rear, combined with four trailing arms and coil springs, got my attention. Then I looked up front and realized that the upper A-arms were bolted to the inboard side of the crossbrace -- meaning you can get as much negative camber as you want simply by shimming the inner A-arm mounts. A couple of aluminum spacers and you could make this thing as knock-kneed as an F1 car. Somebody was thinking when they put it together.

Couple this with a solidity that always made it feel as though the car had been machined from a solid billet, and ours was a rewarding family car for us for many years. I used it on a number of classic-car tours in the San Francisco Bay Area, drove to the wine country and back, and was always pleased at the amount of affection and attention the car received as our daily driver for most of a decade -- all after the car's 30th birthday.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
11/11/10 11:30 a.m.

We've done that exact camber modification along with several others. -Brian from the Tunachuckers

mjamgb
mjamgb New Reader
1/12/11 4:32 p.m.

I got a '67 122s for free a few years ago... "just needs head-work."

Well, it now has a b20 from a wrecked p1800, rebuilt steering, rebuilt suspension, brakes and drive-train. I put Ford Ltd. wheels on it and quite frankly it is a hoot to drive. If only it wasn't still rusty with an ugly paint job!

Son (11) has put in dibs on it since he knows he will never get the truck at 15.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
7/11/19 10:29 a.m.

And another article with updated photos/pricing. Enjoy!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YihHtz3U5eEaoNiDFEgjv6xxsoYeMdz4JkXyhv9waUu3kWEAMy95XlmnlqaZlNqu