Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
4/7/16 9:09 a.m.
feature_image

Looking for a cool old Alfa? Check out this 1972 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000. The sellers says he's been using it as a semi-daily driver. That's an interesting choice, but these cars were meant to be driven. The price listed is $27,000. That's less than number three value for this car according to Hagerty,…

Read the rest of the story

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill UltraDork
4/7/16 11:21 a.m.

Please don't show me these. They really put a strain on my marriage.

Love the ad:

Joe Craigslister said: it does however checks all the boxes one would expect for a 40 year old italian daily driver.... trans leak -- check, oil leak -- check, rattles - check wind noise -- check, squeaks - check cracked dash -- check, easy cold start - not so much tempermental downshift into 3rd - check left turn signal only works when foot is off break - check (fixed this) radio inop - check duct tape - check overspray in engine compartment - check various large parts that should be on the car stored in the trunk - check small interior trim pieces in glovebox - check ice cold air in the winter with windows down - check heat works most of the time - check doors require a healthy slam due to lame aftermarket seals installed by po - check previous owner bubba-esque repairs (ie panels attached with some metric, some sae, some phillips, some slotted fasteners, hideous floorpan repairs) -- check missing dash switch for defrost - check working horn - check little missing rubber pieces that cost $100's and dont really do anything - check costco floormats - check ear to ear grin while driving - check
racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/7/16 3:53 p.m.

It makes me want to cry when I look at the values for these now. I sold my '73 GTV for something like $3,500 back in the '90's. I want to say I bought it for $2,000 in '91 or '92. I loved that car.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
4/7/16 4:40 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote: It makes me want to cry when I look at the values for these now. I sold my '73 GTV for something like $3,500 back in the '90's. I want to say I bought it for $2,000 in '91 or '92. I loved that car.

my 72 I bought for $900(about 1977)... it got rear ended by a plow nosed Impala which crumpled the rear end under the car....

still the least comfortable driving position I've ever had....... also my original inspiration for small twin cam rwd coupes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D9eJO5I3wm9B3CAn0sWEf7bQKY7k5yr5nPFwjnfiV5VZgEGJ2QzMdDUbXJrWBkzo