David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/13/20 10:41 a.m.
feature_image

The Classic Motorsports staff brought a little Monterey magic to all corners this August. How? Through the Classic Motorsports Virtual Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In Presented by Hagerty and eBay Motors. Entrants simply had to post a photo of their car, but with a twist: a prop that recalled good times…

Read the rest of the story

ginya91mx5
ginya91mx5 New Reader
8/13/20 12:46 p.m.

What a great event! Almost as fun as being there in person!

Thanks Classic Motorsports for making the CM Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In happen virtually!

Also, congratulations to everyone on their beautiful entries!

And thank you Classic Motorsports, judges, and Moss Motors for selecting Ginya as "Best Miata" for the second year in a row—very honored and humbled!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and participating again in 2021 in Pacific Grove!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/13/20 1:45 p.m.

ginya91mx5 couldn't have said it better. What a lot of fun andreally cool cars/

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
8/13/20 2:31 p.m.

Congrats to all the winners.................and to all the entrants. What an awesome event and such fun to follow along with.  If you can't be there in person it sure eases the pain a little. Thanks to all the supporters, vendors and CM. See everyome in person next year!!

ginya91mx5
ginya91mx5 New Reader
8/13/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

Thanks Tim, and thank you for all your efforts too!

Nancy McCroskey
Nancy McCroskey New Reader
8/13/20 3:15 p.m.

This was really fun and a bright spot in our Virtual Car Week.  There were so many clever entries and beautiful cars.

Thanks so much to Classic Motorsports and all the sponsors and judges for putting this on and for picking my Mini as the best Mini!

We're looking forward to next year - in person in Pacific Grove!

- Nancy

glkuntz
glkuntz New Reader
8/13/20 3:42 p.m.

What a great idea this was and kudu's to all those that participated with great pictures and clever ideas.

A special thanks to all of the sponsors who contributed even in this time of assuredly reduced sales and reduced budgets.

Thanks to the Classic Motorsports staff for taking this on, job well done.

Last, but by no means least, thanks to Tim Suddard for the great magazines and his tireless contributions to the motorsports hobby. Your boundless energy putting out two magazines, putting on events, attending events, racing, writing articles, and your many restorations inspire all of us mere mortals to find a way to complete our own projects and dream of doing more.

See you in Monterey 2021

Gary Kuntz

230SL
230SL New Reader
8/13/20 3:54 p.m.

Thank you for a Great Show, even though it needed to be virtual.  Looks like Monterey is the place to be in 2021 in my 230SL.

John B, Southold, NY

sir_mike
sir_mike New Reader
8/13/20 4:00 p.m.

WOW...never expected anything...Best Oddball British Car...might take objection to that...but since I have owned her for 52yrs.maybe i'm the oddball??? Thanks for a fun virtual event....Mike

jfarris
jfarris New Reader
8/13/20 5:28 p.m.

Wow!  What a pleasant surprise - thank you eBay Motors.  This contest was a great reason for my wife and I to get out of the house and do something very different. Tim, you and your staff did a great job putting the show together and cajoling some of your long-term partners and friends to sponsor the effort.  Those companies are the folks that help us keep our cars on the road.  Most impressive was the variety, quality, and rarity of the entrants from all over the US and Canada.  My best of show list was about a half dozen other cars, no two from the same marque. Thanks again for a great show, stay calm and drive on!

Because, I'm a right coast sort of guy, I'll see you at that island car event just north of you next March!

rwh_65Healey_NV
rwh_65Healey_NV New Reader
8/13/20 5:37 p.m.

A special thanks to Classic Motorsports and all the sponsors and judges for their efforts to put on such a wonderful event.  Browsing through the entrants made me proud to be a part of such a great community.  Keep all those tires rolling and those smiles shining. smiley

proitchamp
proitchamp New Reader
8/16/20 3:43 a.m.

Thanks for a cool event.

Hope to see you guys at Daytona for a "normal" Rolex 24!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j19liuxsc5v4CGCTiKYEn6YqYlJbhyoPdFwMhb9Wfe4iKAbdOnwKEBi2d8Cy6zvX