Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/2/20 8:29 a.m.

The dream remains a common one: wind in the hair, throaty exhaust, a pinch of chrome. European machines have defined the roadster genre for decades, cementing motoring memories for enthusiasts young and old. They’re the cars good enough for hometown heroes and Hollywood heartthrobs alike.

Ma…

Read the rest of the story

Larry Larson
Larry Larson New Reader
12/3/20 1:54 p.m.

Had a TR-3A, TR-6, 1500 Spitfire, Alfa 1600 Duetto, and Alfa 1750 Spider. None of them could hold a candle to my 1979 TR-8 (especially with the Holley 390 added).

Biff
Biff New Reader
12/9/20 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Larry Larson :  my list of British cars is long too:  Mini, TR4s, MGB Roadster and GT, Midget, TR6.  I have long eyeballed the TR8 but never driven one.  Also the Stag remains interesting to me.  But the comments here about the Alfa are intriguing.  I will have to revisit that car.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
12/10/20 12:14 p.m.

I have driven the TR8s in both versions (I prefer the injected cars) and they aren't the pocket Cobras that some people think they should be when they hear those magic words "V8". With only 133 bhp (carb) and 148 bhp (late injected) they were slower than the MGB GT V8 which only had the 133 bhp version of the engine.  They did feel pretty tight and comfortable, which the early TR7s certainly did not.

Our Preferred Partners
4bLCpuZob9aw2VXiXzVlDB84WHIItVBPkTldtxLdzGfWvDwjJIdBeQ9XchjNs1fP