Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/13/09 9:08 a.m.

We’ve all been there: Walked up to an innocuous-looking vehicle needing some attention and popped the hood, only to be greeted with a filthy mess that would make even a trench-war veteran flinch. When the time comes to do any engine work, it’s a shame to be faced with a ratty engine compartment—especially when it’s your own car.

We recently faced this situation with our Datsun 240Z. Fortunately, the Z-car was due to get its engine rebuilt, so we’d have nearly unequaled access to its compartment. We didn’t have the time or desire to completely strip and repaint the engine bay, but we still managed to do a simple makeover without spending much time or money. Here’s what we did.

Read the rest of the story

Aktifspeed
Aktifspeed None
6/5/09 6:33 p.m.

Did you guys run a short story not long ago about refinishing/painting a white TR6's engine compartment WITHOUT removing the engine? I recall having to remove the ancilliary items, but not the block. I have a 74' TR6 which just received a great new paint job, and I'd like to treat the engine bay to a re-spray without pulling the motor...

Erik S.

Our Preferred Partners
M7mRZMYx1ztvO7n3LocMBxXFoiVLScRGa1ZxdTzpXY9KQdxXv1EOJJoNMcw26v2E