Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/5/22 1:41 p.m.

Hello, all!  We're actively seeking vintage race car and race motorcycle entries for the 6th Annual Coatesville Vintage Grand Prix on 17 September, 2022.  This year we're featuring vehicles 1977 and older.

This is not wheel-to-wheel racing; it's more like an air show for vintage cars and motorcycles.  The CVGP course is set up like an urban track day, around the Streets of Coatesville road course.  Passing is permitted in specific locations, but the intent is to demonstrate these historic machines in action for an appreciative public.

If you are interested in entering your vintage race car or motorcycle, details can be found here:  http://msreg.com/CVGP2022

We also have volunteer opportunities available for corner workers and other marshal positions:  http://msreg.com/CVGP2022-volunteer

We want to make this the biggest CVGP ever!  If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to ask here or via MSR at the links provided.  Thanks!

stukndapast
stukndapast Reader
7/5/22 3:24 p.m.

That's the weekend after the SVRA race at Watkins Glen which I am attending.  I could/would make it, but my car is too new. crying  Good luck with the entries.  You should try to get the SVRA entry list for the Glen and approach the car owners of the appropriately old cars.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/5/22 3:48 p.m.

In reply to stukndapast :

Thanks!  I've posted on the SVRA fans FB group, but it's still awaiting approval.  SVRA wasn't keen on me posting directly to their group, though they were not unfriendly about it.

How new is your car?

stukndapast
stukndapast Reader
7/5/22 4:04 p.m.

85 Mustang SVO  2.3L Turbo 4.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/5/22 4:15 p.m.
stukndapast said:

85 Mustang SVO  2.3L Turbo 4.

Nice!  That's awesome, but yeah, a little too new.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/10/22 1:38 p.m.

The Coatesville Vintage Grand Prix is just 5 weeks away, and we still have space for your vintage car or motorcycle!  Details and preregistration are available here.

Here's the entry list so far.

Sharp-eyed readers will note 1 or 2 cars there outside the 1977 cutoff.  One is a Renault R5 Turbo rally car that was just too cool not to admit.  The other is a Shelby Charger with a long history in Showroom Stock and Improved Touring racing - the owner's usual 1965 Barracuda race car suffered an engine failure, and he asked if he could bring the Charger instead.

We also need more volunteer marshals to help the event run smoothly.  If you're interested in helping out, please click here.

It's a hugely fun event and a great chance to see some historic cars and bikes in action.

Photo credit:  David R Back

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cnnIXRLoUIjfNEDVqzN6kMXFny4oswE9cK0yggILy44tNNZggDJp6X0JpKsvOfFG