Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/10/17 9:59 a.m.

We just got back from our annual pilgrimage to Scottsdale for the auctions. As you will read elsewhere in this issue, the collector car hobby–or, more accurately, the collector car business, since we are talking about the massive machine that is the Arizona sales week–is quite the industry. It’s im…

Read the rest of the story

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
7/23/17 10:35 p.m.

I used to think that the rising prices of the 80s cars i like was a problem for me but i'm realizing that the shrinking supply is having way more of an effect on me personally than the prices of the nicer ones that remain. I usually buy the best compromise of good body/interior and poor mechanicals i can find. So far that's been the cheap way for me to end up with nice cars. I do notice that I'm way more likely to run into people that appreciate seeing my cars on the streets than I used to. So that kind of appreciation i am actually appreciating.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/24/17 8:55 p.m.

It seemed like time just stopped for a while and nobody was noticing these great seventies, eighties and nineties cars. Now a younger generation is starting to get some money and most don't see the sense of something like an MGA, when there are MR2s and E30 BMWs around. Mark my words, the much maligned Boxster will pop next. You will wish you bought one of these for less than $10,000 very soon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z8zvgiACpdvyFGQgRDAl8rrIJfI3BXRaKfVB1qI1n1NmYO7KkDLr3h3LyHarGTGk