CincinnatiConcours New Reader
10/12/20 11:03 a.m.

1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Gran Sport, 5th Series
Coachwork by Zagato

Chassis no. 10814307, Zagato body no. xxx
Owner(s): Brenda B Benzar
Proposed Class(es): European Coachwork Prewar
Cincinnati Concours d'Elegance Foundation

In 1929, the legendary Alfa Romeo engineer, Vittorio Jano, designed the supercharged, six cylinder, sports racing car engine of 1750cc. The Sport models would use a light frame with this powerful 100 hp engine, creating a car of truly exceptional capabilities.  It was common practice for Alfa Romeo to sell only the chassis, with a coachbuilder adding a body.  Zagato and Touring provided the majority of Alfa.  Zagato bodies were favored for racing as the Superleggera principle of applying aluminum body panels over a steel framework which saved weight, improving the performance. Of the 2,259 1750’s built, only 257 were Gran Sports.  Many great racing drivers successfully raced these cars, including Campari, Varzi, Nuvolari and Zehender.

Great for competition “Then and Now”, this Gran Sport is regularly raced by its female owner.

CincinnatiConcours
10/12/20 12:29 p.m.

1964 Ferrari 250 LM
Owner(s):
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Proposed Class(es): Ford vs. Ferrari
Cincinnati Concours d'Elegance Foundation

Year Acquired by IMS Museum: 1970
Livery Year: 1965
Drivers: Masten Gregory/ Jochen Rindt
Donor: Kirk F. White

While most of the attention at the 24-Hours of Le Mans in 1965 focused on the battle between the "factory" team entries of Ferrari and Ford, it was a privately entered one-year-old 3.3-liter V-12 Ferrari 250 LM that caused a major upset by winning when the favored entries encountered difficulties. Entered by Luigi Chinetti's North American Racing Team (NART), American Masten Gregory partnered with future world champion Jochen Rindt of Austria for the unexpected win. The pair completed 347 laps of the 8.365-mile circuit, averaging 120.944 mph for the 24 hours. This victory was the last time a Ferrari won overall at Le Mans. In the years after its 1965 victory, this 250 LM competed at the 24-Hours of Daytona in 1966 and 1968 and returned to the 24-Hours of Le Mans in 1968 and 1969, before its final race at the 24-Hours of Daytona in 1970, where it finished seventh. Shortly after its final race, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Foundation acquired the Ferrari 250 LM. 

CincinnatiConcours
10/13/20 9:56 a.m.

1953 Fiat 8V Coupe by Ghia
Owner(s): Andrew J. Manganaro, MD
Proposed Class(es): European Postwar Coachwork
Cincinnati Concours d’Elegance Foundation

In the 1950's. FIAT engineers developed a 2L V8 motor unbeknownst to the corporate "suits". It was intended for racing and they made 125 such motors. FIAT kept a few and the remainder were distributed among a number of Italian carrozzeria including Vignale, Zagato, Ghia and others. This one went to Ghia and is unique in its body design. Though 1 of 1, I drive it frequently, have shown it in a number of concours with good result and intend to enter it in the Mille Miglia Storica. The motor makes about 130hp and drives through a 4sp gearbox. Interestingly, at the time, FIAT mistakenly believed that Chrysler owned the rights to the moniker "V8" and so, in order to avoid legal entanglements, it named these motors and hence the cars that contained them, 8V or - in Italian - OTTO VU.

rmarklee
rmarklee New Reader
10/13/20 11:38 a.m.

1955 New Yorker Deluxe  2-Door

Robert Mark and Wendy Lee

Punta Gorda, Florida

American Antique 1949-1969

This car is the result of a meticulous frame-of restoration completed in 2018.  Purchased in 2002, it is very similar to the car given to me by my great-aunt to drive in high school.  Since only 5,777 New Yorker Deluxe two-doors were produced in 1955, I feel very lucky to have been able to restore this iconic car of my youth.

Historically, the New Yorker was one of Virgil Exner's (Father of the Fins) styling debut of the "Forward Look" in 1955 that brought Chrysler into the realm of upscale brands.

This car is a 2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Accepted Participant.

pistoncollector
pistoncollector New Reader
10/13/20 11:50 a.m.

1908 Cadillac

The first Cadillacs had single cylinder engines. In 1906 Cadillac introduced a four-cylinder engine in keeping with the growing demands of the public for bigger and more powerful engines. Thus the sales of the single cylinder cars declined as the four-cylinder car proved to be very successful. Because the single cylinder car had been the corner stone of Cadillac it was decided in 1908 to upgrade this model in hopes that sales would pick up and they could continue to offer it to the buying public. The new single cylinder Cadillac for 1908 had a 6” longer wheelbase. It was offered, for the first time, with sidelights, a taillight, and a horn as standard equipment. Running boards and inside door handles were added. It could also be ordered in a new color, Cadillac blue.

In 1908 the single cylinder Cadillac won the prestigious Dewar Trophy. It was the first time that an American car had ever won this award. Cadillac demonstrated the principle of interchangeability of parts for its cars. No car company had ever been able to do this. Cadillac immediately started referring to itself as “ the standard of the world”. This is the origin of the slogan of Cadillac Motor Car Company.

The year 1908 is important in Cadillac history because:

It is the year that the single cylinder Cadillac was significantly altered and its appearance changed from the earlier single cylinder cars built prior to 1908.

It is the year that Cadillac won the prestigious Dewar Trophy.

It is the year that the Cadillac slogan was created.

It is the last year of the single cylinder cars built by Cadillac.

This 1908 Tulip bodied Victoria is the only one known to exist today. It was purchased in 1984 and restoration begin almost immediately. Extensive research was done as the car was being restored to insure that it was authentic in every respect. It is believed to be one of the finest single cylinder Cadillacs in existence today.

OWNERSHIP: Paul and Kathleen Ianuario

PROPOSED CLASS: American Antique (1900 - 1931)

Details:

This 1908 Cadillac Double Tulip Touring was found in a barn in Still Water, MN in 1984 by the owner and it was in poor condition ..... requiring a total restoration. This Cadillac is believed to be the only 1908 Double Tulip in existence today. It was finished and shown the first time in 2002 for the Centennial Celebration of Cadillac Motor Company and competed in the following shows and Concours events where: 

It won "Best in Class" at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
It won its AACA First Junior at Hiawasse, GA
It won its AACA First Senior at Richmond, VA
It won "Best in Class" at the Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance
It also won the "John Dodge Memorial Award" at Meadow Brook
It won First place at the Cadillac LaSalle Grand National in Dearborn
It won "Best in Class" at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
It won "Best in Show" at the Sergio Frankie Concours d'Elegance
It won "Best in Show" at the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance
It won the AACA Cup National Award for the entire USA
It won the VMCCA Best Pre-1912 Car National Award for the entire USA
It won the "Chairman's" choice at the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance

It has been featured in two Old Cars Weekly calendars
It is the "Centerfold" in “Cadillac ....100 Years of Innovation” by Angelo Van Bogart
It was featured in almost all the collector car magazines in the early 2000's
It was featured in Auto Week and the Hagerty Magazines.
It is referred to by Cadillac Division of GM as their Cadillac "Slogan Car".

CONCOURS: Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance

Gary
Gary UltraDork
10/13/20 9:25 p.m.

I still say that this is the best thread ever on this forum! Brilliant concept! Sorry, but I can't post anything to compare with these cars. I'm enjoying this immensely. I really hope everyone else is.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/14/20 6:09 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

Thanks.This has been a lot of fun and it is just going to get better. If you like what you see, please go to CanceledConcours.com, pick your favorite car or event and donate a few bucks to help them get through this tough year.

ddegroen
ddegroen New Reader
10/14/20 9:50 a.m.

Car: 1934 BMW 315/1 Sport

Owners: Dirk and Alexandra de Groen

Proposed Classes: European Coachwork Prewar and Classic BMWs

The 315/1 Sport, presented by BMW at the 1934 Berlin Automobile Show, was powered by a 6 cylinder, 1.5 liter engine producing 40 HP.

Desirous to boost its image in the prestigious world of motor racing, the company – as well as many privateers – entered the 315/1 in numerous major races and rallies. With a top speed of 120 km/h and superb handling, it was among the most serious sports cars of its time. It was with this car that BMW's success story in motor racing began. Only 230 cars of this model had been produced by mid-1935 when it was replaced with the 319/1 and later the 328.

This particular roadster has spent its entire life in Germany and was last registered for road use in 1962. After acquiring it in a dilapidated state, the current owners embarked on a frame-off restoration to give it a second life in its original color scheme.

This roadster is currently on display at the BMW Car Club of America Foundation in Greer, SC as part of "Genesis: BMW from the Beginning".

Participating Concours: Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance

The image below shows the car and its (last registered) owners in 1960. It had been painted with a brush!

... and finally, the roadster "as found" in a barn at a farm in the neighborhood of Ludwigshaven in Germany.

euroclassics
euroclassics
10/14/20 10:08 a.m.

Car: 1959 BMW 507 Series II

Owner: Rick Grant

Proposed Class: Classic BMW (1928-1991)

I have owned a few 507’s over the years, in 2002 the 507 bug hit again. I acquired series II #242 (of 252 built) from a private seller. It had already been restored and set up to compete in the BMW Vintage Marathon of Europe in 2001. 242 retains it’s original numbers matching engine and running gear. Since acquisition it has been brought up to concours standards ad has been shown with great success at Amelia Island, Cincinnati, Dayton and The Car and Driver Concours at Road America. The BMW has a great sound and is an absolute delight to drive.

Invited by the Dayton Concours d'elegance. 

Wm Hooker
Wm Hooker New Reader
10/14/20 11:12 a.m.

Motorcycle: 1968 BMW R-69S

Owner: Somer Hooker

Proposed Class: Motorcycle ,pre-1980 and/or preservation.

A friend acquired this bike in the early 80's. After that time it changed hands 3 times, always among people I knew. Finally one guy got it and wanted to repaint it white. Being into preservation, I was horrified as this had such nice original paint. I went out and found him one in white that was over restored. I've had numerous old BMWs over the years and had some nice accessoires on the shelf. They were installed on this as a "Gentleman's Sport Tourer" so to speak. The quarter fairing is known as a Renne fairing. It is aluminum. The mufflers are Hoske; a popular German accessory manufacturer. The saddle bags are by Bowman. Bowman was a popular aftermarket accessory manufacturer in California. Only one other set has ever surfaced. The bike is a triple matching number bike and rthe rims are OEM BMW.

JMRotz70
JMRotz70 New Reader
10/14/20 12:22 p.m.

Car:  1972 Nissan Fairlady Z  Type S

Owner:  Joseph Rotz

Proposed Class:  Sports and GT Cars  (1970 - 1980)

While in the Navy, stationed in Yokosuka, Japan I had the opportunityto purchase a 1972 Nissan Fairlady Z.  I saw a listing on the Credit Union bulletin board and called the owner. A navy doctor had it for sale and he was getting married and she had a big dog. Two people plus one big dog does not fit in a Fairlady. So with luck and $1800.00 the Fairlady was mine. This was May 1974. I had taken a car with me to Japan so I was entitiled to bring one back to the States.  In June of 74 I transferred back to the States and my car was waiting for me serviced and ready to go when I landed at Travis AFB California. I drove the car back to my home in Ohio, after 30 days leave I packed the Fairlady up and drove to my new duty station in Seal Beach, Ca.

I drove the car for about for about 6 years, got married and life changed, the cars sat in the back yard for about 14 years.  In 2000 I decided to get the Fairlady back on the road. It was pretty rough from sitting so I decided to do a full restoration. I purschased a portable garage and assembled it on the side of the house, just enough room to work on one side at a time.  I disassembled  the entire care and bagged and tagged every part.  I videoed the disassembly and took many still photographs to help with the reassembly... Thank God I did that. For years I wire wheeled every part to bare metal, cleaned, primered and painted every part.

So after years of cleaning, painting and buying new parts, there were parts in the attic, in the closets, and under everyone bed in the house.  I retired from 37 years service to the DOD and the Navy in 2006 and it was time to get busy. I did all the body work and painted the car in my garage.  In 2010 the Fairlady was ready for the road and looking like a brand new car.  This was a ten year restoration and I did 99% of the work. Couldn't handle the headliner and upholstery of the seats. 

Since then I've showed the car at many Car Shows and Concours d' Elegances. The Fairlady has won 23 First Place Awards, one Peoples Choice Award.

The most Prestigious award was at the Classic Auto Show in 2019.  Mr Wayne Carini was one of the Judges and he selected my car out of a field of over 1500 cars for the Award of Excellence Private Owner. I could not believe it, but it was true.

I show the car in two configurations, Concours, completely stock, steel wheels and hub caps and for Car Shows where they seem to like more chrome and bling!

I am now 70 years young and enjoying retirement and showing my Fairlady.  I am now restoring a 1970 Datsun 240Z so I can have a set of bookends, a Right hand drive and a Left hand drive. I have owned the Fairlady for 46 years.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/14/20 8:33 p.m.

This is really starting to look like a concours I would like to attend!

Tim Suddard

Concours d' Cancelations chairman

TheSpider
TheSpider
10/15/20 1:33 p.m.

Car:  1971 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Owner/ Location:  Bob Mouck/ Dallas Texas

Class:  Sports & GT Cars (1970 - 1980)

Details:

One of only 1,128 Kamm-Tail Alfa Spiders produced for the U.S. market in 1971.            

Built in September 1971, it is one of the last Spiders built with the desirable quick-revving 1750 engine. The VIN is 19 digits from the end of the series and 12 of those last cars are listed by Fusi as having the later 2-liter engine. After a rotisserie restoration in 1995, this car has led a pampered life in California and now Texas. The odometer claims 70,750 miles. The car has some period-correct modifications - Marelli-Plex electronic ignition; mild cam; LSD; Cromadora magnesium wheels; Koni shocks; Shankle Sport springs/roll bars; side marker lights have been removed. Later Wood-rimmed steering wheel (original thin-rim in storage). Prize winner in several Dallas area concours events. The SPICA mechanical fuel injection is retained.  

Robert Jones
Robert Jones
10/16/20 1:42 p.m.

Car: 1954 Simca Weekend Prototype

Owner: Jeff Lane

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)

Details:

This was Brigitte Bardot’s car!

In 1954, Simca’s purchase of Ford France allowed them to enter a more expensive market. Based on a Simca Aronde chassis, the “weekend” was a two door convertible prototype. This is the actual car given to Brigitte Bardot for promotional purposes. Miss Bardot did advertising for Simca with this car and owned it for many years. The aluminum and steel body was hand made by the Coach Building Company, Facel. It carries serial number 001.

Check out our video!!

https://youtu.be/QFA0QLaNWZs

Robert Jones
Robert Jones New Reader
10/16/20 2:11 p.m.

Car: 1974 TVE (Teilhol Véhicules Electrique) Citadine
Owner: Jeff Lane
Proposed Class: Micro Cars

Details:

TVE released its first production model in 1972 with the three-wheeled Citadine electric car. The Citadine’s exterior design was inspired by earlier “bubble cars’ like BMW’s Isetta, although its front-opening door was hinged at the top. Like the Isetta, this was intended to ease entry and exit from the vehicle directly onto the curb.

The Citadine utilized a fiberglass body and tubular frame, a very minimalist car, and intended only for use in urban environments. Only around 30 Citadines were produced, but it established a base chassis on which to develop other TVE models such as the Messagette.

Check out our Video!!

https://youtu.be/bARLXjSQPg0

JohnA
JohnA None
10/16/20 3:11 p.m.

2017 Audi TTS Coupe

Owned by John Allan

Located in Los Altos, CA

Proposed Class: European Coachwork (post-war)

This car was awarded First Place, Audi TT Class at the 2019 Legends of the Autobahn. It is one of seven 2017 Audi TTS Coupes sold in the USA with silver exterior and black interior. I have enjoyed 18 HPDE(track) events to date, with more on the horizon.

mcich7781
mcich7781 New Reader
10/16/20 6:51 p.m.

1993 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Owner(s): Mike and Mary Cichon, Morris, Illinois

Class: Concours De-Cancellation - Cars of the 80's and 90's

This 1993 Silhouette was purchased in 2010 from an estate where the original elderly couple that had owned it since new had passed away. 

The grandson's were selling the van on Craigslist in Alsip, Illinois. At the time our 1992 Pontiac Trans Sport had 210,000 miles on the clock and we were in the market for a replacement "Dustbuster." 

When I called the seller late on Friday evening they said, "It looks pretty good no rust or dents." "No one in our family wants it because it looks like a rocket ship!" It was obvious the seller had no knowledge of the composite body panel construction and any of the unique features of these vehicles.

I asked how many miles were on the van as the ad said 15,000. I thought this was a typo. No it had 15,000 miles and was absolutely mint!  Needless to say I was on their front porch with cash in hand on Saturday morning at 7:00. It took several weeks to get the title from the estate and complete the purchase, but the price was reasonable, and well worth the wait. 

We have owned three "Dustbusters" purchasing a "new" 1992 Chevrolet Lumina APV, and in 2000 purchased it's replacement, a low mileage 1992 Pontiac Trans Sport. I am an expert in the ways of the "Dustbusters" having put nearly 500,000 miles on the trio we have owned over the years. This 1993 Silhoutte now has nearly 100,000 miles on the clock and and like the others has been bullet-proof reliable!  It recently made a round trip from Illinois to Florida and is still in full service as the "Family Dustbuster."

The Olds Silhoutte was the Halo Vehicle in the 1995 movie "Get Shorty," where it was heralded as "The Cadillac of Minivans!"

Mark_W
Mark_W New Reader
10/16/20 10:46 p.m.
  1. Car: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12

2. Owner(s): Mark Woudsma

3. Location: San Jose , CA

4. Proposed Class(es): Cars of the 80s and 90s

5. Details:

This 1981 Delorean started its story in May '82 after being purchased by its first owner, Mr Skip Hess of Mongoose Bicycles. Then the Delorean went directly to Fat Jack Enterprises in Hawaiian Gardens, CA, to be customized into the rad ride you see today. This Delorean is the only late model custom car built under the Ultra Cars & Components partnership of Hall Pantera and Fat Jack Enterprises. The exterior design was a combination of two renderings out of 12, that were penned by artist Kenny Youngblood. The final rendering still exists today and was reunited with the car in early 2020.

Under the skillful hands of Fat Jack and his team, using the Youngblood rendering, the paintwork was completed, the suspension highly modified, and the custom one-off aluminum Ultra wheels (by Hall Pantera) were fitted to the car.

In Feb '84, the story of the car was featured in Sports Car Graphic Magazine, where the current owner, Mark, saw this very Delorean as a young kid. From then on, he was always a DeLorean enthusiast. Mark purchased his first DMC in 2007 and remembered this car, and even considered attempting to replicate it, as it was not known where it was or if it still existed.

In early 2017, Mark spotted a picture on the car online, instantly recognized it, and was able to purchase the car later that year. In the last three years, Mark has performed a very detailed restoration of the mechanicals of the car.  The exterior and interior were in remarkable original condition, and remain so. In Feb/March 2020, an engine/transmission-out project was completed, which also included restoration of the rear frame area and rear suspension.

Known today simply as "The Mongoose DeLorean," it is the only known example to have been painted in this fashion, with its stainless steel skin still exposed on the top half of the car.

This DeLorean was assembled in Dunmurry, Ireland, in Aug 1981 and features a black interior, 5-speed transmission, and the characteristic gas-flap hood. The 2.8L V-6 engine remains and the car has 15,000 miles. In June 2018, this car was shown for the first time in more than 30 years to a large public audience at Radwood Norcal and won Best in Show, the Most Raddest award. It's truly One Rad DMC.

JLightstone
JLightstone New Reader
10/17/20 8:24 a.m.

Car: 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier RS Coupe 2.0L

Owners: John and Samuel Lightstone

Proposed Class: Cars of the '80s & '90s

Details:  We are pleased to present for your consideration a survivor 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier for entry in the Cars of the '80s & '90s class.  Originally purchased at legendary Kunkleman Chevrolet in Harrisburg, PA, we are the third owners of this classic American sporty coupe with close to 250,000 miles on the odometer.  Generous amounts of rust on the rockers and in the trunk compliment the well-travelled patina of the original red paint and the gray plastic and mouse fur interior.  While a lower specification model, the interior offers such luxury features as air conditioning (not working), cassette deck with Dolby noise reduction (not working) and intermittent wipers (working).  The aggressively adequate 2.0 liter OHV engine (blown head gasket) paired with the surprisingly crisp five speed transmission allow for triple digit speeds with enough courage and a steep downhill.  The car also has a racing pedigree, having recently achieved a podium finish in class at the Susquehanna SCCA’s Dirt Therapy RallyCross. 

DaveandDeb
DaveandDeb New Reader
10/17/20 6:21 p.m.

Vehicle: 1950 Crosley Super Hotshot

Owners: Debra and David Anspach

Proposed Class:  Microcars

Dave introduced his new wife Deb to his car hobby by taking her to the 2016 Crosley National show where she fell in love with Crosley Roadsters.  He found a very rare (app 100 made , 12 known to exist) Hotshot Super to restore for her resting in the garage of its original owner.  It was named Amelia (with great aspirations) on the trip home as they passed the exit on I95. The car received a 2 year at home, by owners restoration completed in Spring 2020.  She was awared her AACA 1st Junior award in Miami this year and was shown in the 2020 Amelia Island Concours. 

2020 Gasparilla Concours Accepted Participant

Hazel
Hazel New Reader
10/18/20 7:25 p.m.

Car: 1932 Ford Highboy "Pacific Gun Sight Special" Hot Rod

Owners: Kim and Mitch McCullough

Class: Historic Hot Rods

Roy "Mack" MacKinney build this '32 Ford Roadster into a hot rod in 1946, after serving as a sailor in World War ll. He ran it at the Salinas and Redwood City drag strips in Northern California in 1950 and then sold it in 1951. 

Leo Juri had been planning to race his 1947 Ford Coupe at the Bonneville speed trails in 1952, but after purchasing Mack's hot rod he pulled the modified flathead out of the Ford Coupe and dropped it in the roadster. Leo's boss at the Pacific Gun Sight Company in Palo Alto sponsored his effort with a set of tires.

In 1952, the Pacific Gun Sight Special recorded an official speed of 124.82 mph in the B, non-fendered roadster class. The official plaque is still on the dash. (see pics for the 1952 Bonneville run and plaque)

The Pacific Gun Sight Special then became primarily a show car with a known ownership history and an impressive set of trophies beginning with a Blue Ribbon award at the Oakland Roadster show in 1967.  Though restored several times, it has always looked essentially the same, cruising around Northern California as a maroon highboy for 70 years.

Rod & Custom published a feature on it in July 1963 (see pic of article). In 1999, it earned first in class at the 50th Grand National Roadster show and was part of the Hot Rod class at the Pebble Beach Concours d"Elegance. The Bruce Meyer Hot Rod preservation trophy was awarded at the 2001 Grand National Roadster show.

Hot Rod enthusiast Jim Palmer cared for it from 1971-2017. We've been looking after it for the past three years. Kim raced it at The Race of Gentlemen in Wildwood, New Jersey, in 2018, and plans to return to the beach in 2021. Today it is nearly identical mechanically and in appearance to the way it was when it ran at Bonneville in 1952. 

Jim Webster
Jim Webster New Reader
10/19/20 2:55 p.m.

Car:        1991 Alfa Romeo 75 2.0 Twin Spark A.S.N.

Owner:  Jim and Jan Webster

Class:     Cars of the '80s & '90s

We found this car on the internet in Turin, Italy.  Vito, the seller, didn't speak English and we don't speak Italian.  We communicated by using Google Translate in emails, and struck a deal for the car.  It came to our home in October, 2019.  We are now the third owners and the car showed 71.555 kms (~44,460 miles) on the odometer when it arrived.

The Alfa 75 was introduced in 1985, on the 75th anniversary of Alfa Romeo.  The 75 came to the US in 1986 through 1989 as the Milano, with 2.5 or 3.0 V6 engines.  All 75s had transaxles and 4 wheel disc brakes.  The 75 cars had excellent handling.

The 2.0 Twin Spark 4 cylinder engine features two spark plugs per cylinder, two coils, and two distributers.  This configuration produces 148 hp, 28 hp more than the Alfa Romeo Spider.  The engine block and head are aluminum.

The A.S.N. is a limited edition of the 75 2.0 Twin Spark.  When it was decided by Alfa to end production of the 75 series, about 3500 Twin Sparks were fitted with Recaro seats, fog lamps, power front windows, power steering, a leather wrapped steering wheel, Speedline 14" wheels, and a numbered dash plaque.  This car carries the #3130.  Production of the 75 ended in 1992.

This car was entered in and has been selected to be displayed at the 2021 Amelia Island Cars & Coffee Concours event on Saturday, March 6. 

blodi
blodi
10/19/20 4:43 p.m.
  1. Car: 1991 Acura NSX

2. Owner(s): Ryan Blodi

3. Location: Farmington Hills, MI

4. Proposed Class(es): Cars of the 80's and 90's, Greatest Supercars

5. Details:  I purchased the car in April of 2006 in El Paso, Tx and drove it cross country back home to Michigan.  The car was completely stock and clean. Over the last 14+ years it has undergone many modifications which are detailed in the build sheet.  The last time it was on the dyno it meansured 556rwhp which was before the stoker engine build.  A shear blast to drive with it's power to weight ratio. 

https://youtu.be/MD8HMDhOipc

NickK
NickK New Reader
10/20/20 10:04 a.m.

Car: 1974 TVR 2500M

Owner: William (Nick) Kennedy

Proposed Class: Sports and GT Cars (1970 – 1980)

Details:

I bought this 2500M new from a TVR dealer in Boston when I graduated from college there in 1974. The TVR was my weekend trips car and was used frequently in autocrosses and rallies until I moved to South Carolina in 1989. It sat in storage until I retired. In March 2017, I began the total restoration with every piece receiving one or more of the 6 R’s; repaint, replate, refurbish, repair, rebuild or replace. Except for body paint and the “long block” rebuild, I did all the restoration work. It was completed in March 2020, just in time for COVID so it has never been shown.

10/20/20 11:25 a.m.

Please consider the following vehicle for inclusion in your 2020 Concours d'Cancelation:

Year, Make, Model: 1958 Porsche 356 Speedster

Owner: Michael & Lynn Harling

Dallas, TX 

Class or Classes:  Porsche and Sport & GT Cars 1949-1959

VIN: #84140

Details: 1958 Porsche 356 Speedster, Chassis #84140, Engine #67739 - all numbers correct as per Porsche KARDEX and Certificate of Authenticity.

Exterior is finished in Ruby Red with a Light Brown (Tan) leatherette interior. This example was completed November 11, 1957 and delivered to Hoffman Motors Corp., New York, N.Y.

The 48-month restoration was completed in November of 2018. Original parts were kept and restored instead of replaced where possible and, if a new part was needed, we sourced an original, NOS piece as opposed to an aftermarket item. The Speedster's original body panels were all retained, and the front hood, engine lid and both doors are all numbered and match the Certificate of Authenticity. The majority of the 100-point restoration was performed by 356-expert Roy Smalley of Eurowerks in Campbell, TX. The original instruments were fully refurbished by Hollywood Speedometer of Hollywood, CA. Chrome work and plating was entrusted to Christensen Plating Works of Vernon, CA. The original matching numbers transaxle was rebuilt by 356 Enterprises of North Branch, MI, while the original matching numbers engine was rebuilt by Competition Engineering of Lake Isabella, CA. The tool kit was restored by Victor Miles of Ventura, CA. Original Porsche Rudge wheels were restored by Bob Schortmann, Phoenix, AZ. All work was done to the highest standards possible and, per the car's original build records, the car is refinished in its as delivered from new Ruby Red and trimmed in a dark tan interior.

Invited by Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance & Motoring Festival

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UxWUd49hS3p6438sn0VxYSPMjRxBz3YDtTp10MEkXM6MpzptNY1sckDthiqLR96z