1 2 3
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
9/15/20 8:38 a.m.
feature_image

Concours events aren’t just the glue that hold together a huge community of car enthusiasts, they also serve as significant charity functions that raise millions of dollars for local and national causes every year.

But this year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, almost every…

Read the rest of the story

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard Marketing Coordinator
9/15/20 8:43 a.m.

SAMPLE ENTRY:

Car: 1965 Lotus Elan

Owners: Tim and Margie Suddard

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969)

Details: This late Series 1 Elan was found in a field near Traverse City Michigan. It was badly broken and beaten after getting badly damaged in an accident in the late sixties and left outside for nearly 40 years.

We found this car, with its original engine and transmission and painstakingly, and correctly restored it in our home shop in less than two years. Our goal was accomplished to have the car done and on the lawn at the Amelia Island Concours in 2018.

Lori Bassler
Lori Bassler New Reader
9/15/20 9:32 a.m.

Car:  1963 Shelby Cobra MkI

Owner:  Lewis B. Pollard

Proposed Class(es):  Sports & GT Cars (1960-1963)

Details:  CSX2125 is the last Mark 1 worm and sector steering box car.  Originally built and sold as a street Cobra, equipped with class A accessories, the 289 high performance Ford V8 and a Borg Warner T10 four speed transmission, this car is one of only three cars painted Metaline Blue.  This car was purchased by Lewis Pollard from Bonham's in 2010.  It was owned by Hollywood movie producer Ned Tanen (Top Gun, Jaws, American Graffiti, etc) for approximately 20 years.  Tanen's friend, Carroll Shelby, signed the dash 'Great car Ned.  Your friend Carroll Shelby.".  The car was meticulously restored to original specifications and restoration was completed in 2019.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/16/20 7:04 a.m.

Be still my heart! My absolute favorite car.

bcon96
bcon96
9/16/20 7:23 a.m.

1952 Miller H/modified SCCA race car . Now owned by William Connery of Oaks,Pa. Enter in the 1946 to 1962 race car class.refitted in 1962 with a Lotus Eleven body, by then owners  Gil Knudsen(Bendix corporation fame) and Preston Rush. it became known as the Bogus-Lotus (one of one). they raced mostly on the west coast.I first noticed this car for sale on several sites on and off over several years ,then found it on an auction site with  3 hours to go and left a bid which got me the car.  The car is cleaned up and cared for not restored . Powered by  a highly modified Crosley engine with 4 speed trans, 4 wheel disc brakes and a Fiat Topolino front suspension it runs and drives and the  only real change was a slightly smaller/lower seat so i could fit in(Mr Rush who drove ,was a very small man) the #151 was one of the last numbers run on the car at some of it's west coast tracks. Mr Rush entered an early Miller using #150 and later tha Bogus-Lotus with #151 .As a Lotus fan(I have a 1968 seven) I'd put this car on display in the house if I ever widen a doorway. no one seemed to really want it and it had passed around thru several owners over the years. thank you for allowng me to show it here. 

CaptMack
CaptMack New Reader
9/16/20 11:54 a.m.

New Phantom (EX51LC) 1925-26, Boattail Tourer. Authenticated "experimental" by RREC at Hunt House, UK. This is the remaining experimental chassis from March 1925 when Rolls-Royce transitioned from the Silver Ghost to the New Phantom. Sold to a Member of Parliament, this chassis went to Barker Coach builders in December, 1925 for a coach. It was then licensed May 1926. 

Owner Stephen S, McDonald

McAlpin, Florida

Class: European Prewar

2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Accepted Participant".

{I am experiencing a problem uploading ten photos. Please Advise}

Please send pics to tim@classicmotorsports.com and we will get you t aken care of

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/16/20 4:08 p.m.

In reply to CaptMack :

I'll get my tech people to help you in the a.m. Thanks for being part of our event.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/17/20 9:12 a.m.

To those of you having trouble uploading photos–have you tried copying/pasting them into the text editor, or dragging and dropping from your desktop? 

DaveD
DaveD New Reader
9/17/20 1:43 p.m.

1919 Indian Powerplus

Dave Destler

Canoga Park, CA

Motorcycle Class

This 1919 Indian Powerplus, featuring the optional Cradle Spring Frame, was on display in semi-restored condition at Otis Chandler’s Vintage Museum of Transportation and Wildlife until 1997. After purchase from Chandler, it was then completely dismantled and accurately restored by Mike Doom of MD Cycles in Canoga Park, CA. It was test-run after completion, then drained of fluids and displayed at many concours event, winning numerous Best in Show and Best in Class awards over the years. All sheetmetal and other parts are original to this machine (other than engine bearings and rings), with no reproduction components. All nickel-plating is correct per factory original. The "Indian Red" hue is per original factory formula.

Walkaround Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J3iuEwMVKU

oprep3
oprep3 New Reader
9/17/20 4:26 p.m.

1930 Chevrolet AD Sedan. 194 cubic Inch overhead valve 6 cylinder engine producing 50 BHP.

Owners; Bridget Hagood and Frank Jones of Cocoa, FL

Preservation Class

Bridget bought our 1930 Chevrolet "Ethyl" at auction, she says by mistake, I believe the owner wanted her bid to prvail. When the car was judged by the Antique Automoble Club of America (AACA) for authenticity in the HPOF Class (Historic Preservation of Original Features) Ethyl scored the maximum points. We had to perform a lot of maintenance to get the car running and stopping. One very hard task was finding a brake shoe arcing machine! While working on the car one of Bridget's important tasks was to have the ball ping hammer ready if I tried to paint and make something shinny. Clean and Preserve not restore. Ethyl has appeared in two movies. It is the type of automobile that makes you smile when you see it or hear the ahooga horn.

erserve was the job, not restore! Ethyl has appeared in two movies. She is the type of car that makes you smile when seen.

Owners: B

SSpro
SSpro New Reader
9/17/20 5:52 p.m.

Vancouver BC; Proposed Jaguar Class and Sports and GT 1946-59. 1956 Jaguar XK140MC Drop Head Coupe. The car came from California and has never been in the rain. A ten year nut and bolt, body off restoration of a no rust oriiginal was completed for concours and road use. Many JCNA concours and show awards and the car enjoys a romp up the Sea to Sky Highway on sunny weekends. It is kept in meticulous condition and a joy to drive.

SSpro
SSpro New Reader
9/17/20 6:00 p.m.

Vancouver BC; Sports and GT 1970-80; Preservation Class. 1976 Panther J72 built by Panther Westwinds (UK) to order with 370 examples built over ten years. All Jaguar mechanicals with a 4.2 litre engine, alloy body and ladder frame supporting twin beam axels. This car has 19,000 miles and is totally original. These were hugely expensive in 1976 and most were sold to celebrities including this one.

Allan Weinstein
Allan Weinstein New Reader
9/18/20 7:57 a.m.

1941 Hupmobile Skylark owned by Allan and Penny Weinstein

Hupmobile bought the Cord body dies after their demise in 1937. In 1940, in partnership with Graham, Hupmobile built 319 cars, called the Hupmobile Skylark and Graham built approx 1500 cars called the Hollywood Graham. Hupmobile used a 6 cylinder Hupmobile engine, while Graham used a Graham supercharged 6 cylinder engine.  Both car's drive trains were changed to rear wheel drive. Both companies ceased production after 1940, and any unsold cars were retitled as 1941 models. There are less then 40 Hupmobile Skylarks left worldwide. My father and I purchased the car in 1985 and underwent restoration. The Hupp Skylark underwent a refreshed restoration in 2017. In memory of my parents, Dr. & Mrs. Frederick Weinstein, I proudly present our 1941 Hupmobile Skylark. 2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Accepted Participant

oprep3
oprep3 New Reader
9/19/20 5:50 a.m.

1966 Dodge Charger 383 Cubic Inch Big Block

Owners: Bridget Hagood and Frank Jones of Cocoa, FL

1953 -1973 Muscle car

The 1966 Charger is the first year for this Iconic model. It was introduced to the public at the 1966 Rose Bowel in Pasadena CA. We are the second owners and Brdiget found this rough but rust free beauty in Colorado. It had great bones for our restoration. At the 2016 Boca Raton Concurs de Elegance Jay Leno gave our car his Big Dog Garage award. As he stated "this award recognizes the Mom and Pop rattle can restoration that is ever bit as good as the big professional shops!" 

2020 Gasparilla Concurs de' Elegance accepted participant

o we had a

can 

davnik6
davnik6
9/19/20 7:24 p.m.

This is a bona-fide 1962 MG Factory race car, GHN210607. 

The owner is Jim Plowden

Los Angeles, CA

Sports & GT 60-69

#51 has been nothing but a race car all its life. In its 58 years she has had 4 owners and has carried the nickname "lucille".  I bought the car in 2013 after having co driven and been great friends with the previous owner.  In November 2018, at a race in Thermal, CA I decided it was time to give Lucille an overdue freshening and engine rebuild.  She is now as beautiful as she was in 1962 when she appeared at Sebring to finish 20th overaall and 5th in GT under 1.6L.  Some German company broght Abarth Carerra's and swept the top places.  All her special parts are back in place, 20 gallon tank, plex windows, top identification light, special seats, chrono tach & so much more; and while not a specialty concours car, she is a true warrior and stunning in her presentation.

nmbecker
nmbecker New Reader
9/20/20 10:19 a.m.
  1. Mark Becker, Jacksonville Florida,  1942 Chrylser Royal Business Coupe,  Class: American Antique 1932-1948
  3. The car was shipped new to a dealer in a small town in Pennsylvania. Its three prior owners lived within a short distance of the delivering dealer. I found the car on Hemmings in an ad with no pictures. It had been restored but not to Concours level. The brake, fuel and electrical systems needed attention. The engine compartment and undercarriage required detailing. The paint was wet sanded and polished. The interior required new flooring and all upholstery needed tightening, adjustment or replacement. The marbelized interior plastics are a one year only pattern and consequently are very rare and hard to find. 2020 Gasparilla Concours d’Elegance Accepted Participant. 

YouTube Walkaround Video: https://youtu.be/_4J8am0fxCQ

gaylormg
gaylormg New Reader
9/21/20 11:52 a.m.

1930 L-29 Phaeton Convertible Sedan

Mike and Judy Gaylor

The car is housed in an air conditioned barn in Dade City Florida

Submitted  fo American Antique(1900-1930)

Affectionately known as the "Black Pearl "  This car has undergone an 11 year owner restoration which was completed in August 2019. The car was taken to Auburn Indiana for the annual Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club reunion where it received a first place primary and best L29 award.

Historically, the L29 was the 1st American front wheel drive car mass produced beginning in 1929. Previous owners have been traced back to the early 1970s where the car was in Argentina. It is rumored to be the car that won the concours d elegance in France in 1930. 2020 Gasparilla Concours d' Elegance Accepted Participant

gaylormg
gaylormg New Reader
9/21/20 1:13 p.m.

gaylormg
gaylormg New Reader
9/21/20 1:22 p.m.

gaylormg
gaylormg New Reader
9/21/20 1:30 p.m.

gaylormg
gaylormg New Reader
9/21/20 1:34 p.m.