Bcracer1 New Reader
10/30/20 5:54 p.m.

Car: 1999 Acura NSX-- Zanardi Edition

Owner: John & Koko Carlson

Class: Supercars

Crescent Beach Concours: Appeared as a feature car

====================================

Zanardi Edition, Acura NSX

1999 NSX ‘Zanardi’ edition. #28 of 51 produced. Only 49 were sold to the general public. These vehicles were handcrafted by a team of specially selected artisans. This vehicle displays the 1st VTEC Design engine complete with titanium connecting rods.

This particular vehicle has a glorious pedigree. It was owned by legendary ‘Fast and the Furious’ actor Paul Walker and partner Roger Rodas. It was featured at their AE Collection in Los Angeles. I purchased the vehicle in 2014 from the AE Collection one year after the Walker/Rodas accident.

The vehicle is 100 % original and in ‘stock unmodified’ condition. The build was significantly influenced by 3 time world championship F1 driver Ayrton Senna. Top speed is in excess of 180 MPH. It is considered as a ‘true’ Supercar. This vehicle is not a garage Queen. The odometer displays 30,000K. It is exercised by me often.

These vehicles are easily maintained and are a joy to race or Tour. They are very user friendly. They were the vehicle that made Ferrari change their approach to being somewhat more user friendly

Zanardi NSX at speed---Aluminum Body and forged aluminum suspension parts.

Photo credit: SuperCars.net

Completely factory stock and original…..6 speed manual gear box with dual clutch.

Completely factory stock and original …….numbered sill plates & signed medallion in each car

Factory Stock and original….. Note red trim and stitching —only on the Zanardi

Zanardi special Forged Alloy Wheels---only for the Zanardi vehicles

Custom Hand Built Limited Edition made by Honda/Acura –influenced from Acura/Honda F1 Design

Zanardi Editions were all painted Formula Red and only came as a hardtop

These vehicles are a true mid-engine vehicle, lighter by 140 lbs. and lower by one inch than a normal NSX

The paintwork is flawless.

Staggered wheels/tires, disc brakes, lightweight forged alloy wheels for Zanardi cars only

Dual Overhead Cam & VTEC---8000 RPM Redline

Picture from SuperCars.net

Zanardi vehicles display a factory tuned and lowered Forged Aluminum racing suspension.

All are painted ‘Formula’ red. The NSX Zanardi is featured above.

Whoismr77
Whoismr77 New Reader
10/30/20 7:13 p.m.

Car: 1963 Corvette

Owners: Michael Romano

Proposed Class: Corvette

Details: This 340 HP '63 Vette "Blue Unicorn" has been in the family since 1982, when it was purchased from a barn in Pittsburgh, PA. It passed from my father to my uncle, Michael Romano, who did a complete restoration himself and received his national NCRS Top Flight in 2003. Mike, a passionate self-restorer, passed away in 2019 leaving the car in my ownership. I have memories with this car that span my lifetime and include long nights of laughter in my uncle’s garage working on this car with him as a youngster as well as the first time he let me drive it. Not only is this beauty kept original, but it’s driven – as it was intended.

FG_Concours
FG_Concours New Reader
10/30/20 7:30 p.m.
  1. Car: 1956 Ford F-100

2. Owner: Roger Billings

3. Location: Greater Portland, Ore.

4. Proposed Class(es): American Antique

5. Details: Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance

6. Photos

We will accept this entry's for our Cars of Main Street class, but you will need to post, or send me better pictures, to have any chance of winning. Tim Suddard/Chairman Tim@ClassicMotorsports.com

Shughesbmw
Shughesbmw New Reader
10/30/20 7:38 p.m.

1990 BMW Z1

Fran Hughes

Sunset, SC

BMW class

BMW's first shot at a small 2 seater sports car to compete with the small Mercedes. It features multiple new technologies, most strikingly the electrically operated drop down doors and windows. All new composite body panels which could be changed if the owner desired to a different color and projector beem headlights were unique at the time. Unfortunately the Z1 was too expensive to produce and production ended. But it serves as the inspiration for the Z3 family (and the ubiquitous Mazda Miata). 

Shughesbmw
Shughesbmw New Reader
10/30/20 7:50 p.m.

1973 BMW 3.0 CSL

Scott Hughes

Sunset, SC

BMW Class

The famous "Batmobile" is a homologation special built to make the car eligible for racing in the European Touring Car Championship. 1,265 were built. Known as "batmobiles" because of the addon aerodynamic aids, the rear wing and roof spoiler were illegal on German roads so they were shipped in the car's trunk. Yes, perhaps the first performance "trunk kit". 

grandprixclassics
grandprixclassics New Reader
10/30/20 7:51 p.m.

Vehicle:                                1934 Moto Guzzi GT 16

Owner:                                 Mark Leonard

Proposed Class(e)s:        Vintage Motorcycles

Details:                                                

One of 754 produced. Moto Guzzi Factory Certificate of Origin shows this matching numbers GT16 was built in 1934. Displayed with eight other Moto Guzzis at The Quail Motorsports Gathering showing the evolution of the Moto Guzzi 500 where the display won “The Spirit of The Quail” award for Grand Prix Classics owner Mark Leonard. In 2016, the bike won the Chad McQueen Award at The Friends of Steve McQueen Car and Motorcycle Show. These awards clearly acknowledge this bike’s excellence in design, technology, restoration and appeal.

rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 7:55 p.m.
  • Car: 1962 Ferrari 250 GTE 2+2 Series II – S/N: 4073GT
  • Owner(s): Rick Myllenbeck
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969); Ford vs. Ferrari
  • Details: “Lorenza” has been in my family since 1975 and has been a California car since new. She underwent a full restoration in early 90s matching all original factory colors. 63,000 miles. Took third place in the Petersen Automotive Museum’s Car Week Concours – Ferrari Grand Touring class, 2020.
  • Representing: The Old Town Festival of Speed & Style
grandprixclassics
10/30/20 8:01 p.m.

Vehicle:                                1959 Porsche RSK Spyder

Owner:                                 Mark Leonard

Proposed Class(es):        Porsche, Race Cars 1946-1962

Details:

Porsche Factory records show 718-028 being delivered on April 29, 1959 to Christian Goethals of Belgium. Goethals raced the car extensively in World Championship of makes races as well as Belgian National races. He raced it both in two-seater and center-seat configuration. This included races at Nürburgring, Avus, SPA, Montlhéry and Buenos Aires.

One of 5 center seat cars that were built, that were raced in formula 2 in single seat configuration and in sports car races in 2-seater configuration. Still retains its original body and matching numbers engine and transmission.

grandprixclassics
10/30/20 8:02 p.m.

Vehicle:                                1963 Cobra 289 Roadster

Owner:                                 Mark Leonard

Proposed Class(es):        Sports and GT Cars 1960-1969

Details:                                

This is the 10th Cobra 289 powered car built. Owned 50 years by one La Jolla, CA owner, all owners known from new. An extremely original example of an early Cobra with only 16,000 miles. Sound, original frame and body. Original engine and transmission. A wonderful, correct, highly original example.

Shughesbmw
Shughesbmw New Reader
10/30/20 8:03 p.m.

1974 BMW 2002 TURBO

Scott Hughes

Sunset,SC

BMW Class

The 2002 Turbo was the creation of Bob Lutz. You can imagine it as the first of the small BMW Motorsports products ahead of the famous E30 M3. 170HP, wide bodied and colorful front spoiler decal "Turbo" in reverse lettering to let those on the Autobahn know to move over! 
Unfortunately it was introduced just as the Arab oil embargo hit and journalists proclaimed it politically incorrect. So, the front spoiler decal accompanied your car in a box in the trunk. 

Packardrat
Packardrat New Reader
10/30/20 8:11 p.m.

1989 Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet

owned by Vince Hendrix  

Fort Collins, Colorado. 

Porposed classes: Porsche  Class and Cars of the 80's & 90's.

In the summer of 2009 I was really intrigued by the Porsche 944 and 968 cabriolet models which I came across at a couple of car shows, but didn’t see around otherwise. After doing a lot of research I narrowed my wish list down to the rarest of these models in regard to the production numbers, and how many were imported into the US. A 944 Cabriolet model which was previewed at Frankfurt in 1985 and announced for production in 1987, didn’t actually show up until the spring of 1989. These first year 1989 944 S2 Cabriolets imported for the US market, were limited to 16 cars. After searching for over a year, I had been using a tactic for several months that involved looking on Craigslist in major cities across the US. In July of 2011 my search in this manner was rewarded when I found an advertisement in Seattle, Washington listing a 1989 944 2 door Targa with a 2.5 L inline 4 engine, and 5 speed manual transmission. I knew from my research that no such car existed, so I decided to check it out further. Although this dealer had several Porsches on his lot, it was obvious he didn’t know what he had. After looking at the pictures of the car and running the VIN number, I was pretty sure that I had found the elusive 89 Cabriolet. On August 19, 2011 the purchase was completed, and I became the proud owner of a 1989 Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet in Guards red with black interior. Over the last 9 years I have refurbished the mechanical parts and detailed the car to its current condition, while trying to maintain the car in its original stock condition. The car has 129,738 miles and is completely stock; with original carpets, seatbacks, door panels, uncracked dash, original Blaupunkt Reno AM/FM Cassette/equalizer, design 90 wheels in black chrome, tool kit/tire pump and spare.  Very rare low production first year 944 Cabriolet.

In the

rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 8:13 p.m.
  • Car: 1958 Jaguar XK150 drop-head Coupe.
  • Owner(s): James Sprague
  • Proposed Class(es): Jaguar, Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)
  • Details: 3.4 liter 6 cylinder. Former Martha’s Vineyard car. Extensively restored after purchase in 2015.
Lowpad
Lowpad New Reader
10/30/20 8:20 p.m.

Car: 1930 Packard 745 Phaeton

Owner: Denis Bouboulis

The Seventh Series Packard 745, launched within weeks of the 1929 stock market crash, was the marque's largest and most expensive offering for 1930.  It remains especially coveted as the following year Packard moved the cowl forward, creating more space inside the body and increasing passenger comfort, but at the expense of less daramatic proportions.  This example has great provenance, having been previously owned by the famed collector George Waterman of Rhode Island and then by another great collector, Ted Jameson. The car was acquired in 2018 from Dragone Classic Motorcars.

This car was awarded Best in Show at the 2020 Lime Rock Sunday in the Park Concours. 

(Photo credit Shawn Pierce)

rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 8:27 p.m.
  • Car: 1975 Norton 850 Commando Mark III
  • Owner(s): Bill Laux
  • Proposed Class(es): intage Motorcycles (pre-1980)
  • Details: 1975 was the last production year of the Norton. It is the only year that had electric start, (still had to help with a kick). This bike is fully restored to original conditional using NOS parts from Great Britain. It has 3000 recorded miles and was first titled in Texas where it was kept in a collection.
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 8:48 p.m.
  • Car: 1972 DeTomaso Pantera #2986
  • Owner(s): Tom Kuester
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1970-1980), Ford vs. Ferrari
  • Details: Pantera #2986 was purchased by John Kaltenbach, from Tom Botzum Lincoln Mercury in Akron Ohio in 1972 for $10,079.00. During the following years, horsepower was increased to 480 with numerous engine modifications. In 1976 a Holman Moody built, DeTomaso factory racing team intake manifold was acquired. It is generally accepted that approximately 16 of these manifolds were ever produced. Body modifications were made for racing purposes, but it never saw a track in earnest. The second owner, Tom Kuester, purchased the car in 1980. It is a numbers matching car. To date the car has 27,600 original miles, and is still fast as hell.
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 9:04 p.m.
  • Car: 1953 Morgan +4 DHC
  • Owner(s): Don Roberts
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959), European Coachwork (Postwar)
  • Details: Last year of the flat radiator Morgans with twin spare tires, a unique "coupe de ville" top (partial fold back, see picture), and a leather bonnet belt for racing. Car has been updated with a 1957 TR3 2-Liter engine, and recent work includes a rebuild of the Moss 4-speed gearbox. Found car at Gullwing Motor Cars in Astoria, NY. I have owned it for 16 years and after an 8 year frame-off restoration begain to show it at Local Northern Virgina and Williamsburg car events. A similar +4 Morgan won the 2-Liter Class at Le Mans in 1962.
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 10:13 p.m.
  • Car: 1959 Abarth Zagato 750G
  • Owner(s): Joe Parlanti
  • Proposed Class(es): Race Cars (1946-1962)
  • Details: Zagato Number – 87. Built March 1959 in Torino, Italy. This car was purchased new from, the then East Coast Abarth distributor, Roosevelt Motors in Washington DC. It was immediately modified to be raced and competed up and down the east coast for most of its life. It was restored in the ‘80s and has raced in various vintage events since that time. It is campaigned regularly in the Vintage Sports Car Club of America (VSCCA) and Vintage Racer Group (VRG). The car has raced at venues such as Lime Rock, Summit Point, the Hershey Hillclimb, New Jersey Motorsports Park, Pocono Raceway and the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. It is maintained and raced by it's owner.
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 10:14 p.m.
  • Car: 1951 MG TD
  • Owner(s): Milt Babirak
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)
  • Details: The MG TD is the first European sports car to be popular and affordable in the USA. This award-winning car has been on display at museums and received trophies and special recognition at several concur de elegance shows across the country.
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 10:16 p.m.
  • Car: 1969 Lamborghini Miura S
  • Owner(s): Jude Alexander
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969), Greatest Supercars, European Coachwork (Postwar)
  • Details: Fully restored Miura S in red with gold wheels and black interior
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 10:17 p.m.
  • Car: 1968 Lotus 51-C
  • Owner(s): Stewart Bartley
  • Proposed Class(es): Race Cars (1963-1972)
  • Details: The Lotus 51 started the Formula Ford series, a training ground for the higher open wheel racer programs
rmyllenbeck
rmyllenbeck New Reader
10/30/20 10:18 p.m.
  • Car: 1964 Austin Healey 3000 Mk 3
  • Owner(s): Michael Maloney
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969), European Coachwork (Postwar)
  • Details: This Austin-Healey was once the world's worst rust bucket. It was restored to ""as new"" condition ten years ago by Tom Kovacs at Fourintune in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. It is driven frequently and is as reliable as any modern vehicle
Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard Marketing Coordinator
10/30/20 11:04 p.m.

Hey, everyone!

Thanks to all who participated! After this post we will no longer be accepting entries for consideration in the Concours d'Cancelation Presented by Hagerty.

Feel free to continue commenting on your favorites in this thread, and don't forget to donate to the participating organizations if you can. Click here to go to the Concours d'Cancelation website and see all of the participating concours and their charities.

Thanks again to our presenting sponsor Hagerty, our associate sponsors Monterey Touring VehiclesRM Sotheby'sReliable CarriersSunoco & Classic Motorsports Magazine, and our class sponsors Vintage Motorcar CompanyMercedes-Benz Classic CenterLane Motor Museum, PorschePorsche ClassicConcours d'LeMonsBlast MastersNational Parts DepotDriveshareThe Driven ManAllard Motor WorksCoco MatsGraves PlatingRD Enterprisesthe BMW CCA FoundationPollock Automotive RestorationRagtops and RoadstersRADwood's RAD For Sale, Chubb Collector Car Insurance, CRC Industries and Griot's Garage.

We'll see you all again on concours Sunday, November 8!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 6:22 a.m.

In reply to CaptMack :

Please email pictures to tim@classicmotorsports and we will get you taken care of.

BB510
BB510 New Reader
11/2/20 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Nicole Suddard :

Will there be a notification or listing of the entries that have been accepted for each class - or not until November 8?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:55 a.m.

In reply to BB510 :

We have decided that by moving a few cars to different classes, that we could accept every car entered before the deadline. We wanted to make this event as inclusive as possible.

8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MwMpwtMFHpTVarFJWcxMY6mDjszM1z6IMH5ssRzNse80tKcbzlZM5x6iYNoJDFrY