4 5 6 7 8
jaymutt85
jaymutt85 New Reader
10/25/20 1:04 a.m.

Car: 1999 Buick Regal Gran Sport, "Gina"
Owner: Jason Wollenweber
Proposed Class: Cars of the '80s and '90s

Details: This is "Gina", my 1999 Buick Regal GS. Family owned since 2000 when it was purchased new off the lot with 120 demonstration miles at Moore Buick Pontiac GMC in Los Gatos, CA. This car features GM's venerable 3800 Series II supercharged V6 producing 240 hp and 280 lb/ft of torque, driving the front wheels through a 4-speed automatic. Most GS models came standard in a two-tone color combination with a gray lower body accent. This car is finished in rarely seen Twilight Blue Metallic with the optional monotone color scheme and gray leather interior. It has covered 132,000 miles and is still a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Radwood San Francisco event participant, 2018 and 2019. 2020 vRadwood online participant.

agalbraith
agalbraith New Reader
10/25/20 7:47 a.m.
  1. Car: 1960 Nash Metropolitan

2. Owner(s): California Automobile Museum

3. Location: Sacramento, CA

4. Proposed Class(es): Oddballs & Oddities

5. Details: Nash and Hudson merged in 1954 to form the American Motors Corporation (AMC). They looked to fill markets that the major automakers were not. The idea of a very small second car was fleshed out by Detroit-based independent designer William J. Flajole as the NXI concept car. On 5 October 1952, they announced that they had selected the Austin Motor Company (by then part of BMC) and Fisher & Ludlow to build the production version. Fisher & Ludlow would produce the bodywork, while the mechanicals would be provided, as well as final assembly undertaken, by the Austin Motor Company. This was the first time an American-designed car, to be exclusively marketed in North America, had been entirely built in Europe. It became a captive import – a foreign-built vehicle sold and serviced by Nash (and later by American Motors) through its dealer distribution system. It is believed that the first pre-production prototype was completed by Austin on 2 December 1952. Made to a price point, the Metropolitan featured several cost saving production techniques, such as using symetrical door skin stampings. They are the same side to side, so that only one die had to be made.  

This 1960 example is a Metropolitan Series IV. This series redesign saw the addition of an external decklid (previous models only allowed access to the trunk through the rear seat back), one-piece rear window, and vent windows. By this time, the engine had been upgraded by increasing the compression ratio from 7.2:1 to 8.3:1 (Commenced VIN E43116 — October 15, 1957) giving an output of 55 bhp (41 kW) (as used in the Austin A55 Cambridge). It is a running driving example that is enjoyed in the Museum's collection and driven to events for outreach to enthusiasts. 

radata3
radata3
10/25/20 7:18 p.m.

Car: 1933 Morgan Super Sports Beetle Back Three-Wheeler

w/JAP (John Alfred Prestwich) LTOWZ 1098cc w/c motor

Owners: Rick, Rob, & Randy Anderson

Prosed Class: Sports Car (Prewar)

Details: This Morgan has quite a storied background…

It was purchased new on July 28th ,1933 by Mr. J Hanks, and sold to the 2nd owner, John Knights on July 1st,1945. Mr. Knights confirmed many of the components he engineered on this Morgan were salvaged from a crashed B24 Liberator WWII bomber, the Lady Jane. The crew of this aircraft are Heroes in the town of Norwich, England, as they all sacrificed their lives to spare any harm to the town people. On August 24th ,1944 they aborted a landing in adverse weather conditions and clipped the steeple of St. Philip’s Church tearing off bits of a wing but manage to keep her aloft till the outskirts of the town where they crash landed in the railyards. All nine members of the crew were lost, they are still honored to this day.

Mr. Knights sold the Morgan to Mr. Ken Purdy on April 5th, ,1958 thus becoming the 3rd owner. Mr. Purdy was a famous automobile journalist and author of many automobile books including “The Kings of the Road”

Mr. Edmund P. Osborn purchased the Morgan from the estate of Mr. Purdy on May 2nd ,1974, becoming the 4th owner.

Our Father, Glen, purchased the Morgan on August 22nd ,1985 becoming the 5th owner…he passed away in 1993. We restored the Morgan in his memory. Dad always feared his Morgan was “Bitsa”…bits of this car and bits of that car, as we conducted the research for restoration, we discovered the Morgan had retained all of its original major components, verified by the factory. Quite unheard of for a 87 year old car! The Morgan is presented to you today fully restored to its the original condition and colours of that day it was delivered on July 28th ,1933.

Included in the restoration are the incredibly special fabricated aluminium components from “Lady Jane”, exhaust heat shields, headlamp brackets, dashboard, and the decking around the radiator. Also included are the chrome wire wheels that were highly unusual for a Morgan to be equipped with…verified by the factory records.

mgeneo
mgeneo
10/25/20 7:23 p.m.

I am interested in entering my 1975 Lamborghini Urraco P250, an extremely rare (this is one of 22 cars exported to the USA with left hand drive, out of a total production run of only 749 vehicles) example of Lamborghini's first atttempt at an "entry level" V-8 model. In keeping with Lamborghini's adherence to naming their cars using various bullfighting nomenclature, "Urraco" roughly tranlsates as "little bull" or "young bull."

My name is Gene Ondrusek, and I reside in San Diego, CA.  I found this car in Dallas, TX in 1987, where it was presented as "running well," despite the unknown ticking time bomb of a maladjusted timing belt.  Once this snapped, it led to a full on 4 year restoration process that continues to this day!  Everyone knows that restorations are not events, they are processes.  To date, my car has earned 1st place trophies in its class from multiple concours events, including La Jolla and Palos Verdes and was featured in the December 2006 edition of Hemmings Sports and Exotics magazine.

I believe this would best be represented in the Sports and GT, 1970-1980 class, or perhaps European Coachwork?

thross
thross New Reader
10/26/20 10:44 a.m.

1938 Talbot Lago T150C SS Teardrop Coupe, Figoni et Falaschi

Oscar Davis, Elizabeth, New Jersey

European Coachwork, Pre War

Figoni & Falaschi are known for producing some of the most flamboyant, if not elegant coachwork of the French carrossiers. Talbot-Lago was formed following the collapse of Sunbeam-Talbot-Darracq in 1935. Anthony Lago, founder, set out to build a line of exclusive and expensive sports cars. He introduced the T150C in 1936 which enabled him to persuade Rene Dreyfus to leave Ferrari’s Alfa Romeo team and drive for him at the French Grand Prix. This car was commissioned by Duke Phillipe deMassa who raced it in the 1939 24 Hours of LeMans with Norbert Jean Mahe (DNF lap 88). It was confiscated by the Germans during WWII and remained in East Germany until the fall of the Berlin Wall. Its most recent restoration was in 2007. It is one of 14 produced from 1935-1939.

izzy57
izzy57
10/26/20 10:58 a.m.

1957 BMW Isetta 300 “California” Tropical Deluxe

Owners. Mike & Sue Cook

Location. Roswell, Georgia.

Class. Micro cars

Manufactured in August 1957, imported New York 9th November, delivered probably to Alpine Motors, Van Ness Blvd, San Francisco, registered January, later Columbus, Ohio, finally Alpharetta, Georgia.

Having been abandoned for 43 years in a lean-to, the affectionately named ‘IZZY’ was battered and bruised.

A matching numbers car & with valuable advice & guidance from Werner Schwark at Isettas R Us I decided that the mission was to save and restore her to her original condition. Engine, transmission, clutch rebuilt. All mechanicals, brakes, steering, electrics, interior all replaced or repaired. Shiny bits re-chromed.

Original dual colors for 1957, codes 549 Feiderweis over 311 Japanrot.

The many, many hours spent over 2 ½ years in a 2 car garage were pure enjoyment & satisfaction.

Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance.

I had a lot of trouble loading the video. link incl below. If that does not work I would appreciate if you went to youtube & typed ...1957 BMW Isetta 300 "IZZY" Mike Cook.

hhtps//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sviWNCFUZE

HILTON HEAD ISLAND CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE

Swong46
Swong46 New Reader
10/26/20 8:05 p.m.
  1. Car: 1982 Ferrari Mondial 8

2. Owner(s): Sheldon Wong

3. Location: Redwood City, CA

4. Proposed Class(es): Cars of the '80s and '90s

5. Details: I found this at Papa's Toys Car Collection in Oregon but backed away from the sale. A year later the same car resurfaced in Pennsylvania - I would not let it slip away from me twice. 

I unknowingly brought the car back to the same city where it spent most of its documented life. I reconnected the car with mechanic Tony of Modena Motors and previous owner Jack (20yrs later). They drove it to Monterey Car Week all the time. Mutual friend Dean always wanted a Ferrari and a trade was made; the three became best friends. 

Dean dreamed of scoring top marks in a 2004 Monterey Concours; however, due to life circumstances, was sadly unable. The car was pushed aside and even auctioned off. 15 years later, out of all places in the world this car could have gone, by fate, comes back home.

In 2019, I brought the car to Monterey Car Week as the previous owners did. On show day, I even met one of Jack's old friend who drove the car to Monterey with him!

jameslindner
jameslindner New Reader
10/26/20 8:16 p.m.

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MkI

James Lindner

Alexandria, VA

Sports and GT (1960-1969)

Acquired in 2010, my 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1, B9470033FE, was assembled by Jensen Motors on 19 June 1964. It was the 33rd Tiger produced and the 22nd Tiger to roll off the Jensen assembly line. As one of the earliest examples, it is one of fifty-six Tigers to have a Borg Warner T-10 transmission supplied by Shelby American.

A full restoration in 2000-03 returned the car to correct “as delivered” configuration. I refreshed the restoration in 2011 and since then I have added many quality original and NOS parts to replace reproduction parts used during the initial restoration.

It is an AACA Grand National and multiple concours class award winner. Not just “all show and no go,” my Tiger has twice won 1st Place awards in autocross events.

Serafino_Collection
Serafino_Collection
10/26/20 8:55 p.m.

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Porsche GT2RS

Name: James Serafino

Class: Porche

Details:

The most customized GT2RS delivered from Porsche.  Completed in the Exclusive Manufactur Division, the specification of the car took 18-months to complete and the build took an additional 24-months.  Flown by PAG to their North Ameria Headquarters in Atlanta for delivery.

One of one produced in Chromaflair paint, Urban Bamboo color and extensive CXX exterior and interior options.  The Chromaflair paint appears to change colors depending upon the amount and angle of light.  

The underside of the hood was signed by the entire Exlusive Manufactur team, Lars Kern (the Porsche factory test driver who broke the Nurburgring record, in a similiar model, with a lap time of 6.47) and Hurley Hayword.

Photos taken by others

KustomK
KustomK New Reader
10/26/20 9:24 p.m.

Car: 1980 Ford Fiesta

Owners: Karl Hacken

Proposed Class: Cars of the 80's and 90's

Details:

Built in West Germany, the car was originally delivered to California and was brought over to the frozen north in the back of a U-Haul truck by a discharged military man quite some time ago. I purchased the rust-free baby blue rolling chassis for $500. From there it received a complete, bare metal restoration. It has been built up to include a blend of old and new, the exterior appearance is generated by using many period correct, NOS Ford Rallye Sport (RS) items that could have been bought in period from the RS catalog to build your own race vehicle. I searched the world to collect these parts, even hand carrying the rear spoiler home from Germany because the seller wouldn't ship it. The wheels and fender flares were removed from a rally car in Germany and were under many coats of paint. The roof spoiler was found in it's original box in the trunk of a Pontiac in a junkyard.  The drivetrain is a departure from the period correctness of the rest of the build. It uses a modern 2.0L Duratec engine that has been fortified with a host of Cosworth upgrades from their YD line of products. The interior is the host of more RS items including the 3 spoke steering wheel and RS branded, Scheel produced seats covered in Ford Beta cloth material. 

Jagguru
Jagguru New Reader
10/26/20 9:44 p.m.

2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Limited Edition

Owner: Carol Lingelbach

Reside in the Region of Waterloo, Ontario

Jaguar Class

I am the second owner, having imported this GT from Houston, Texas, US in 2012.  Aside from the immaculate condition , this Jaguar's true claim to fame lies with the original owner.  This would be none other than Capt. Eugene Cernan...... astronaut onboard Gemini 9, Apollo 10 and commander of Apollo 17.  His main distinction is that, up until now, he represents the last human to walk on the moon (1972).

This XKR has placed first in class in North America under Jaguar Clubs of North America concours competition at the Championship level.  In 14 individual club concours over the years, in both Canada and America, it has secured 13 firsts and 1 second.

Invitation to this Concours d'Cancellation came from Cobble Beach Concours through the entry of my husband's Jaguar XKR-S.

Neal_Speer
Neal_Speer New Reader
10/27/20 9:09 a.m.

Car:  1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Owner:  Neal Speer

Purposed Class:  Corvette

Details:  

This March, 1966 build Corvette was a “barnyard” find in my own community. It had been abused, but not broken, by

the third owner, but left literally in the yard behind the barn for about five years. I acquired the car in 1979 after

a fresh repaint and drove it to local shows for 30 years. The car has an unusual option list including a 427-390hp

engine, 4-speed transmission, a/c, AM/FM radio, and leather headrest seats. In 2012, a friend and I began a five-year

frame-off restoration including the original drivetrain, interior, and glass. We strictly followed NCRS judging

guidelines but as of yet the car has not been shown.

BB510
BB510 New Reader
10/27/20 12:02 p.m.

In reply to KustomK :

Ok I will bite. Why were you looking in the trunk of a junyard Pontiac for a spoiler for a Ford Fiesta?

KustomK
KustomK New Reader
10/27/20 1:05 p.m.

In reply to BB510 :

Unfortunately, we will never know they answer to that question. I purchased it and that was the story the seller told. At least he had pictures to to back up the story, so I think it's legit.

kelott
kelott
10/27/20 2:31 p.m.

1977 Lincoln Phaeton Victoria Coach

Kelly Ott

Canton GA

Oddball & Oddities

Questionably discovered during the estate liquidation of Hugh Hefner

From a decade that took its styling cues from Playboy and Elvis' Graceland, this rarity is offered.

Featuring 7.5 liters of environmental indifference, this ride was best suited for casual weekend jaunts by amoral American bourgeoisie white trash... or burgeoning South American druglords.

This masterpiece perversely combines the flamboyant single-cowl phaeton concept with the Edsel Ford-developed ideal of the 'Victoria' , hence the lack of overwrought oval windows to allow for improved rear-seat privacy.  Isadora Duncan scarf and coke mirror sold separately.

daveviola
daveviola
10/27/20 2:58 p.m.

1973 914 OWNERS: DAVE AND CATHY VIOLA - Minerva, Ohio

PROPOSED CLASS: PORSCHE

I am the second owner of this Zambezi Green 1973 914 1.7 . The original owner purchased it new in 1973 from Capital Porsche/Audi in Columbus, Ohio.

I Purchased it in 2002 with 212,000 miles after being completely restore to original condition and have slowly upgraded most of it since and now has over 220,000 miles on the odometer. I have been blessed by winning Concourse awards at PCA events and at Parade. I did compete several years in various PCA events such as auto cross, rally’s and DE track events along with the historic Stone Bridge festival at Watkins Glen and the Put-in Bay historic race reenactment on Put-in Bay Island, Ohio.

I will soon be passing ownership of the 914 onto my daughter.

chdonley
chdonley New Reader
10/27/20 3:14 p.m.

1963 Studebaker Avanti

Owner: Chuck Donley  - PilotHill, Calif.

Class: Oddballs and Oddities, By Concours d'Lemons

The Details: This car was wrecked in a high speed T-bone collision in 1971 and totaled. It was put in a barn in Yuba City Ca. and used as a parts car, with many still usable items being removed over the years. I purchased it in 2015 for the sole purpose of making a 24 Hours of LeMons endurance racecar. After sourcing a used 289cid Studebaker V8 and transmission, a bit of fiberglass work(The Avanti has a fiberglass body) and installing all required safety equipment it is back on the road(race). It competes in 1 or 2 races each season and has finished as high as 2nd in class. On a road race course the car looks amazing but handles like an old pickup truck. I was invited by to enter this event by The Concours d'LeMons

daveviola
daveviola New Reader
10/27/20 4:00 p.m.

In reply to rpapy :

I will try again. Thanks. Dave

Celdemcadi24
Celdemcadi24 New Reader
10/27/20 4:06 p.m.

1924 Cadillac Roadster V63

Andre De Montigny and Céline Meloche

Saint-Hippolyte Quebec Canada

American Antique (1900-1931)

This Cadillac spent most of its life in Texas. We acquired it in New York in 2015. We were very impressed by its elegant 1920s body style bright contrasting colours in yellow and black, and its chic burgundy leather interior. A complete frame-off restoration to bring the car to its original condition was undertaken by Atelier de Restauration Michel Ouellette. This was the first year that Cadillac had brakes on all four wheels. There are only three examples of this particular model registered with the Cadillac & LaSalle Club. This rare '24 Roadster stands as an example of the marque's famous slogan, the "Standard of the World".

Please see on You Tube as well; 1924 Cadillac Roadster V63 (dated Oct 2020) 

RogerMcDaniels
RogerMcDaniels
10/27/20 4:35 p.m.
  • Car: 1981 Jet Industries Electrica 007
  • Owner(s): Roger McDaniels and James Beam
  • Proposed Class(es): Oddballs & Oddities
  • Details:  
    • Over 10,000 electric cars were manufactured as part of a federally funded response to the rising gas prices of the 1979 Energy Crisis. Most were designed and built as fleet vehicles, but a few, like this 1981 Jet Industries Electrica 007, were marketed to consumers as an economical alternative to gas-powered cars. Jet Industries bought Plymouth Horizon TC3s without engines or wiring harnesses (but with VW Rabbit 4-speed manual transmissions) from Chrysler for the Electrica 007 and fitted them with General Electric 9” industrial motors and GE EV-1 motor controllers, which were normally used to drive forklifts. Then they added twenty 6-volt lead-acid golf cart batteries for power. 500 of this model were built, and this is one of the few surviving examples. 
    • We found it locally on Craigslist for $600 and originally prepared it for racing in the 24 Hours of LeMons series, where it had three very successful 16-hour races, culminating in winning the top prize, the Index Of Effluency. We then set it up for Road Rally duty in the LeMons Rally series and won the Inaugural Florida Man 1500-mile Rally from Kershaw SC to Key West. For Rallies we tow a 15kw generator on a trailer so we can charge it while driving and can keep it going for the 350-400 miles necessary to compete in a rally.
    • Over the years we have retrofitted it with a modern EV powertrain and BMW i3 batteries sourced from salvage yards. It can now go over 100 MPH and can get about 200 miles on a charge.
Old Irish Racing
Old Irish Racing New Reader
10/27/20 5:23 p.m.

Car: 1965 Jaguar 3.8S

Owners: Jerry and Su Liudahl

Proposed Class: Jaguar

Supporting:  Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance

‘Old Blue’ is the nick name of our original condition 1965 Jaguar 3.8S. The car occupies a very special place with us, not only because it is a tremendous motorcar, but also very sentimental reasons. We are the third owners of this car which was purchased new in Victoria, British Columbia. With just over 56,000 original miles, it is a veritable time capsule of what it would have been like to drive the car when new.  The intoxicating smell of wood, old leather and oil always puts a smile on my face! Purchased two years ago from the estate of a dear friend, 'Sir' John Fitzgeorge-Parker and imported into the USA from Canada, after being revived and refreshed, it has won concours in the Preservation Class of Jaguar Clubs of North America concours and is driven to car shows throughout the Pacific Northwest.  The car's British number plate is a tribute to John who was instrumental in saving this car and took great delight in his time of ownership.

Mike McChesney
Mike McChesney
10/27/20 6:22 p.m.

Car: 1957 Studebaker President

Owner: Mike McChesney

Proposed Class: American Antique (1949-1969)

This was my Grandfather’s dream car. He ordered his new 1957 President from a Vancouver, BC car dealership. This was one of just over 400 Presidents assembled by Studebaker Canada for 1957. The car was shipped across Canada by rail from Hamilton, Ontario to the dealer in Vancouver. It was my grandfather’s dream to buy an Airstream trailer and travel with my Grandmother. Unfortunately, he never did get the trailer. As an option he had the seats “Pulmanized” so that the back of the front seat folded down form a bed with the back seat. This is how they went camping.

I grew up five houses down from my grandparents and know this car from my early childhood. When my Grandfather passed away my Grandmother gave the car to me. It was my daily driver for a while. When I got married it was used as our wedding car (plastic flowers were carefully placed to cover the rust spots). Although it sat for an awfully long time, gathering dust, needing restoration, my good wife let me keep it. I eventually had it restored as close to the way my grandfather had it as I could, including clear plastic seat covers over the original upholstery, BCAA sticker in the window, car dealer script on the trunk.

I enjoy driving it to car events. I occasionally have to explain that it is not a Chevy and that it is a Studebaker engine. Its al part of the fun.

daveviola
daveviola New Reader
10/27/20 6:40 p.m.

In reply to rpapy :

I have tried to submit them in a folder but I am unable to do so at this time.Please let me know if the pictures did not download. Thanks, Dave

DEhmann
DEhmann New Reader
10/27/20 9:29 p.m.

Car: 1971 Jaguar E-Type/XKE Series II FHC

Owners: Doug & Francesca Ehmann

Proposed Classes:

• Jaguar
  • Sports & GT Cars (1970-1980)

Details: Retiring from a 30-year business career, I was looking for a ‘project’.  I found this pile of parts on eBay.  The ten-year DIY restoration and reassembly project was a fun and interesting learning experience.  [All most] every minute was a pleasure.  My total labor hours: 2,340.  It’s a joy to drive.  I look forward to the end of the pandemic to take it to live shows!  Thanks for this virtual show, and your consideration of this entry.

What I bought on eBay - a stripped body, stored outside for 22 years, and 

what I bought on eBay - a pile of parts!

Body work and rust repair was the first step.

The finished body was primed.

Work on components began.  Here's the finished Independent Rear Suspension.

Wiring was a big job.  There are six major wiring harnesses ("looms").  Luckily, I'm not color-blind.

Rebuilding the engine and engine compartment was a major task.

Here's the rear suspension installed.

The engine started easily, and the first test drive went well!

For me, the most difficult part of the restoration was the interior.

Trim was replated, and replaced if necessary.  Reproduction parts were difficult to fit.

The car is finished!  A ten-year project.  It drives well!

Wrapped up, and waiting for the next drive!

Thanks for considering this entry.

Alistair Basilio
Alistair Basilio New Reader
10/28/20 2:46 a.m.
  • Car: 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
  • Owner: Alistair Basilio
  • Proposed Classes: Mercedes, Cars of the '80s & '90s
  • Details: Purchased in July of 2020, this R129 chassis SL spent most of its life in Arizona, where it was first sold when new. A friend of mine then bought it and shipped it to his home in Atlanta in February of 2020, only to realize he wanted a smaller convertible. The car is presented in Spruce Green (Malachite) with Tropengruen lower trim, one of the more colorful variations of the tone-on-tone exterior treatment available only on earlier-model R129 SLs. Although driven fairly regularly, it has just under 58,000 documented miles and has been subjected to an ongoing refresh and, apart from custom-finished AMG Monoblock II wheels, remains completely original.

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CNmt16Amtn37O4IhEyRKsJ0I5DOOMIOixlRxiw2lYBEXuBdozssDDZ3IfOm53cLd