Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/2/20 5:12 a.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Sports & GT Cars (1960- 1969) - Presented by Blast Masters 

Comments are locked at this time.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:19 a.m.

1967 Shelby GT500

Jimmy Fyke

Tampa, FL

Not sure which class is appropriate

Car #738.  Born on January 18, 1967 in San Jose, CA.  428PI engine with dual Holley 600 cfm carburetors. 4 speed Top Loader transmission, 10 spoke aluminum wheels, factory roll bar and harness, center driving lights, fold down rear seat, power steering, power front disc brakes, extra cooling package, heavy duty battery.

California car raced for decades. Brought to Florida in 2006. Full restoration in 2012. Always driven!      "2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Accepted Participant"

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:22 a.m.

Car:   1961 Volvo P-1800

Owner:  Somer Hooker

Proposed Class(es):  Sport & GT Cars (1960 - 1969)

This is one of the earliest known restored P-1800 Volvos known. Serial number is 13xx. Acquired years ago in an eBay auction. Me and my wife flew out and drove to Mount Rainer and on to Pebble Beach. The adventure began ! A few understatements in auction. Who woulda' thunk it? An eBay auction! Along the way we stopped and saw editor Keith Martin. Also had the clutch go out on Mt. Rainer! The P-1800 was built by Jensen in Scotland when Ghia backed out. In 1963 production was moved to Sweden. This is a numbers matching unit with 106,xxx miles on it. Very original except the front disc brakes were upgraded to 64 models because of parts availability. We recently drove it to the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:25 a.m.

1965 Sunbeam Tiger

Owner.    Bill Harshman 

Location   Lakeland, Fl

Proposed Class        Mainstreet or Sports 1960-1969 or Ford vs Ferrari 

2020 GasparillaConcours Accepted Participant     

Car.         1965 Sunbeam

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:26 a.m.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:27 a.m.

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MkI

James Lindner

Alexandria, VA

Sports and GT (1960-1969)

Acquired in 2010, my 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1, B9470033FE, was assembled by Jensen Motors on 19 June 1964. It was the 33rd Tiger produced and the 22nd Tiger to roll off the Jensen assembly line. As one of the earliest examples, it is one of fifty-six Tigers to have a Borg Warner T-10 transmission supplied by Shelby American.

A full restoration in 2000-03 returned the car to correct “as delivered” configuration. I refreshed the restoration in 2011 and since then I have added many quality original and NOS parts to replace reproduction parts used during the initial restoration.

It is an AACA Grand National and multiple concours class award winner. Not just “all show and no go,” my Tiger has twice won 1st Place awards in autocross events.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:29 a.m.

Car:  1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Owner:  Neal Speer

Purposed Class:  Corvette

Details:  

This March, 1966 build Corvette was a “barnyard” find in my own community. It had been abused, but not broken, by 

the third owner, but left  literally  in the yard behind the barn for about five years. I acquired the car in 1979 after 

a fresh repaint and drove it to local shows for 30 years. The car has an unusual option list including a 427-390hp

engine, 4-speed transmission, a/c, AM/FM radio, and leather headrest seats. In 2012, a friend and I began a five-year 

frame-off restoration including the original drivetrain, interior, and glass. We strictly followed NCRS judging

guidelines but as of yet the car has not been shown.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:31 a.m.

Car: 1963 Corvette Sting Ray Coupe

Owner: Robert Boutot

Proposed Class: Sports & GT (1960-1969)

This Daytona Blue 1963 Sting Ray Coupe features the famous, 1963-only split rear window.  It's one of a very limited number of  1963 Corvettes equipped with the 360-horsepower fuel-injected engine and was also equipped with a 4-speed manual transmission.  It was restored by the current owner and was awarded "Top Flight" status by the NCRS.  

This car was Awarded Best in Show - American at the 2020 Sunday in the Park Concours

(Photo credit Bryan McCarthy)

(Photo credit Shawn Pierce)

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:32 a.m.

Car:
1960 Aston Martin DB4 (299L)

Owner:
Mike Eshaia

Proposed Class: 
Aston Martin

Details:
Originally this car was sold new in San Francisco, CA. (In this video, I describe how the car came to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0vLKFMkeIY). I restored this car mechanically and painted it to use for vintage racing events. Car was also rallied at Monterey Historics, Westwood in Canada, and raced many times at Portland International Raceway. The coachwork was designed by Touring of Milan, Italy. The body panels are hand made of aluminum mounted on a steel tube frame and featuring Superleggera (Super-light) method of construction. The interior, toolkit, and 16” wheels are all original, along with the logbook.

Photo Credit goes to David Charvet and Al Stevens. Video Credit goes to Mike Spicer. This was intended to be entered in the Oregon Forest Grove Concours de’ Elegance.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:32 a.m.

1967 Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S  L10A Series 1, 1 of 343

Owners:  Carson and Helen Chen

Foster City, California

Representing the Coyote Creek Concours

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969)

The Story of my Cosmo Sport Series 1 begins with Jason, my son.  We wanted to do a Father & Son project and brainstormed about many cars he was interested in.  Jason ultimately chose a 1994 RX7 FD Series 3.  Together, sorting out the car and rebuilding many components for safety and reliability, I became fascinated with its truly ingenious rotary engine.  So, I went in search back to the beginning.  The first two-rotor engine in automotive history, the Cosmo Sport first introduced at the 1965 Tokyo Motor Show.  From this beginning, this revolutionary rotary engine dominated the later decades of the twentieth century winning championships in IMSA GTU and GTO classes, drag racing championships and ultimately the 24 Hours of LeMans, 1991 1st Place Overall Championship Winner with a four rotor 787B race car.

I was hooked, and so began a world wide journey and hunt for and ultimate stewardship of this car, 1 of 343 Series 1 Cosmo Sport 110s produced.  Only a tiny number came to the USA, many o them in the very recent past as their significance is better understood.  In the 1960s, Mazda wanted global recognition so they chose the name Cosmo to celebrate the Space Race and ‘forward thinking.’  This L10A Series 1 is powered by a 982cc 2-rotor motor, with licensing rights bought from NSU of Austria who employed the two engine developers, Felix Wankel, original inventor, and Hanns Dieter Paschke.   Mazda was not alone in buying licenses, AMC, GM, Ford, Mercedes, Nissan, Porsche, Citroen and Rolls Royce were among the others.  Producing 110 horsepower, hence the name 110s, the car was quite an achievement producing a remarkable benchmark of over 100hp per liter, in 1967.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:34 a.m.

Car: 1963 Corvette

Owners: Michael Romano

Proposed Class: Corvette

Details: This 340 HP '63 Vette "Blue Unicorn" has been in the family since 1982, when it was purchased from a barn in Pittsburgh, PA. It passed from my father to my uncle, Michael Romano, who did a complete restoration himself and received his national NCRS Top Flight in 2003. Mike, a passionate self-restorer, passed away in 2019 leaving the car in my ownership. I have memories with this car that span my lifetime and include long nights of laughter in my uncle’s garage working on this car with him as a youngster as well as the first time he let me drive it. Not only is this beauty kept original, but it’s driven – as it was intended.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:43 a.m.

Car: 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Owner(s): Bill Wallace

Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars

Representing: The Cobble Beach Concours d’ Elegance

Details: 

Chevrolet constructed what added up to 14,531 Corvettes in 1962, some 1,918 of which were provided with the optional Rochester Ram-Jet fuel infusion choice that gave the 327-cubic-inch motor a whopping 360 horsepower. Rarer still were the 561 that accepted RPO 276 15x5.5-crawl wheels; the 246 with RPO 687 considerable job brakes and suspension; and the 65 with the RPO 488 24-gallon fuel tank. Rarest of all might be the Corvette that came with all of these options on it, and that’s just what this car happens to be. This 1962 Tuxedo Black-on-red restored convertible has managed to somehow hold onto its whole original drivetrain and discretionary gear. A part of the Bloomington Gold Special Collection, it has been awarded the appropriate Bloomington Gold Certification; NCRS Top Flight rating; and the Duntov Mark of Excellence, along with the Chevy Vettefest Triple Crown. Most recently restored by Kevin Mackay, this rare example has been owned by noted Corvette collectors John Justo and, more recently, Irwin Kroiz.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/4/20 4:36 p.m.

Car: 1965 Plymouth Barracuda with Formula S option.

Owners: Michael Hess

Details: 

Self restored. Took me 8 years to complete. Original Plymouth Commando 273 (Chryslers first high performance small block).

Photos:

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
gg9h0OamMMQ4QDaZw00gMxUZznPOhqRaMc8nMyGE6VPGMXC1lwfnbvBKRhQpWK4j