Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
3/10/08 10:44 a.m.

Every issue he adds to the list of cars I really need to buy. This time, I caught myself considering how much I need an X 1/9 and/or BMW 2002 to go along with the BMW 3.0 coupe, Volvo P1800 or 122 (or both), Mini, Morris Minor Traveller (or panel van) TR4, early Celica, Elva, TVR and others I'm quite convinced I need to run out and buy as soon as possible.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
3/10/08 3:27 p.m.

:)

You need a bigger shop.

A.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
3/10/08 3:32 p.m.

And driveway. Unfortunately, my driveway curves around in just such a way that it's impossible to park a car in it, so they have to go either in the garage or curbside, so I'm pretty limited in what I can do until I'm ready to pony up 12,000 for a new driveway with an extra spot on it. :whatthe:

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
3/10/08 3:36 p.m.

Ditto, we will move when our son is older...

When we do, I've got my eye on a 3 bay garage or detached shop.

I dont even really want a lift. Just space to walk around the car.

I'm committed or have been committed hehe to the GT6, but hope to own a vintage racer in the future.

A.

IanF
IanF None
3/10/08 4:09 p.m.

yeah... someday we'll need room for about 21 cars... 10 for me, 10 for the g/f... plus my truck... and a shop for me to work on them all... :whatthe:

ggarrard
ggarrard None
3/12/08 2:48 p.m.

AndreGT - You need to move out of the city where the lots are larger. I know a fellow with a double garage in his back yard, besides the one attached to his house. My wife has given me permission...I just need the $$$... (and I know a fellow on River Road who's talking of selling his farm where I winter-store my Z - but he wants too much)

GWGarrard, Osgoode ON

rconlon
rconlon None
3/12/08 3:29 p.m.

I slap myself whenever I begin to consider this. I need to continue to drive and maintain my Spider until it is not reliable and then get something else fun to replace it. I don't want to find myself being owned by a bunch of neat sportscars that I are too many for me to drive and a big expense to store. Cheers Ron

Dr.Hess
Dr.Hess None
3/12/08 3:59 p.m.

Twelve large for a driveway, Tim? I built my whole 30x46 shop for 12 large total from the dozer work to the lights.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
3/12/08 4:22 p.m.

I may need to get a second opinion, but yeah, that's the quote I got. It's a fairly big driveway because of the way it curves (makes an L, really), its on a hill, the existing blacktop needs to be ripped out, there will have to be some grading (and maybe a retaining wall) done to put in another spot, and I have to have at least one, probably two trees removed.

I haven't bothered getting the second opinion yet, 'cause it ain't happening any time soon.

jm1na
jm1na None
3/12/08 6:53 p.m.

Ya, well try living in an apartment building with a car obsession and they don't allow car repairs(that they are aware of anyway). We already have two spaces(subie wagon and the miata) and I've had to use a third for the MGB in trade for volunteering in the building. There are still two more empty spaces that I could rent... YARGH!:omg:

Jack
Jack None
3/13/08 2:06 p.m.

It's never enough. I have three bays (+ one at the MIL) and I could certainly use a few more.

Yeah, lots of nice cars out there.

Jack

914Driver
914Driver None
3/18/08 12:56 p.m.

My drive is a single lane almost 200 feet long with a "Y" near the garage. I got an estimate last summer to scrape it, put down crush-n-run, roll it and then put asphalt over the whole thing. $3000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/914Dan/GarageMahal.jpg[/IMG]

bradyzq
bradyzq
3/18/08 2:32 p.m.

Arghh!

I'm with ya.

I've got one (240Z)car in an old folks home for the winter, one (Audi urq) at the shop, one (Audi 4kq)in the driveway of the building I used to live in, and where I'm still renting the double garage. It's full of parts... Oh, yeah, and one (Audi 200) in the driveway where I now live.

It doesn't make sense, and where will I put my next one, whatever it may end up being?

Sigh.... Anyone have an incredible shrinking ray gun I can borrow?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zZxXSdiS6AQgQkbehksmCYQdkV9guOEDBM4llzxzLflqbj3wYknJVNGc1hpaDJKJ