David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/26/19 4:26 p.m.

Yeah, it's cold and wintry in some parts of the country. Still, take your classic out lately?

I drove the 911 to Orlando last night to meet up with some friends. Great evening and the car ran so well. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/26/19 6:43 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I drove the Miata 2 weeks ago for the first time since early December - the P71 is just so much more practical & comfortable(plus it’s usually blocking in the Miata anyway). 

I’m still in love with this Miata, though I have to remind myself that at 29-years old it truly is a “classic”.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
2/26/19 7:02 p.m.

I have my daily driver torn into an alarming number of pieces so I drove one of my Mazdas today.

The folks at O'Reilly's about pooped their pants checking the truck out. Apparently I am both "old school" and "O.G." according to them.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
2/26/19 7:35 p.m.

Took the 57 out a few days ago for a quick run. To much rain for more then that.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
2/26/19 8:31 p.m.

The truck's an 88. Blue tag in Florida indicates antique (30 years old or more). It gets driven regularly, but that's no big deal here in the Sunshine State.

The Miata is a 99. I autocrossed on Sunday, first time with this car. 

I don't have any classics, just old stuff. Still, happy with what I've got.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/27/19 8:38 a.m.

Yes! We've had a few unseasonably warm days here in KY this year, so I've taken a couple of the older cars out for lunch lately. 

When we arrived, I parked next to a cool Squarebody.

As we were leaving, the square had turned into Johnny Sack's Maserati.

A few days later I was able to give the sedan (complete with GRM sticker) a bit of exercise.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/27/19 8:51 a.m.

I drove my X1/9 yesterday, and will drive it to Philadelphia tonight. 2400 miles since mid December.

dclafleur
dclafleur New Reader
2/27/19 9:06 a.m.

I drove my '85 Corvette to work earlier this week and to Autozone in the evening.  Ran like a champ.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/27/19 9:12 a.m.

Drove the 70 duster a few days ago

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/27/19 9:19 a.m.

Put the 1970 F250 to work pulling bush honeysuckle. We had an unseasonably warm Sunday and the kiddos had great fun with it. Put a tow strap around the honeysuckle and hook the other end in the hitch and slowly go forward in 4 low. Yank!

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
2/27/19 11:20 a.m.

Drive my Classic?  No way, not up here on the MA/RI border.  The roads are white with salt, and the temperatures are cold enough (single digits, maybe 20's max on some days) to make even my Tiger too cold.  And more snow tonight...  So I'm just driving my mouse, ordering parts for this spring's project. 

Stu

David S. Wallens
2/27/19 12:07 p.m.
stu67tiger said:

So I'm just driving my mouse, ordering parts for this spring's project. 

Stu

That totally counts. smiley

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
2/27/19 12:47 p.m.

I'm so excited to be driving a classic again soon... It's snowy today, but soon...

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
2/27/19 2:57 p.m.

Okay, and just to make me look wimpy, while out running errands in the Mini-on-snow-tires, I wound up behind the guy who runs local shop British Motor Care in the shop MGBRanchero...

David S. Wallens
2/27/19 3:37 p.m.
Ransom said:

Okay, and just to make me look wimpy, while out running errands in the Mini-on-snow-tires, I wound up behind the guy who runs local shop British Motor Care in the shop MGBRanchero...

Too cool. Thanks for sharing. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 HalfDork
2/28/19 9:22 p.m.

I drove my 1987 F500 at autocross two weeks ago; the high was 46 degrees which is really cold for Vegas. Grip was a bit of an issue in the afternoon, especially with snowflakes falling from the sky. Missed FTD by .25 as my friend in his shifter Kart just edged me out, his kart was even worse on cold slick than my car was.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/1/19 6:25 a.m.

Another six weeks or so and we can start driving them again. There is just to much salt on the roads at the moment. 

Tberg
Tberg New Reader
3/4/19 9:24 p.m.

Taking my '72 Pantera to a 2 day Classic Car Show at Orange County Fairgrounds weekend after next, and to Supercar Sunday Pantera Marque Day near the end of the month.

Tberg
Tberg New Reader
3/25/19 10:08 p.m.

Drove my Pantera down to the Classic Auto Show last weekend, marking its first ride of more than a few minutes in more than 5 years and since I got it back from restoration/modification.  Very nervous expecting a breakdown or overheating during over 100 miles of driving.  But to my pleasant surprise, NO ISSUES, even during a traffic filled ride home in warm weather.  After pulling in behind a beautiful '71 fly yellow Pantera, we were both waved into one of the main pavilions among spectacular cars relieving us of having to be parked outside in the hot sun.  One of the women with the promoters saw us in line and liked our cars and made room for us in the main hall.  Thousands of attendees and cars.  Nice experience.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
4/19/19 7:57 p.m.

No pics, but I took the MGB GT to its first autocross today! Sort of.

It was a play day with a drop-in format, a little oversubscribed, and my day got crazier than I was expecting, so I just shagged cones for half an hour and got in two runs.

It was awesome and hilarious. The DGV is full of hiccups, the decade-old Toyos have no grip, and if there had been grip, I probably would only have been held in the seat by the low steering wheel holding my legs down. Two runs was about the right amount 'til I can make some improvements, but I drove away wearing a big grin.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
4/21/19 3:47 p.m.

all year... every year...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
4/21/19 3:50 p.m.

Spent about 4 hours tracking down a off idle stumble in the cadillac today then took it to get lunch. Its a good beasy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d6BsZaYjm4AWvmq8uRq9ab9OzR6NVWNAiwCyvdQK5CkPplfw227rn5DVjWs9TedE