Story by Howard Walker - Photography courtesy of Ford (Carroll Shelby images), Howard Walker (all others)

You can feel the ghost of Ol’ Shel still swirling around the cockpit. Listen closely and you might just hear his belly laughs amid the tortured screams of fricasseeing rubber from one of…

Read the rest of the story

GLK
GLK New Reader
6/3/19 6:16 p.m.

Not every iconic car needs to be reimagined. This AC Cobra rendition reminds me when the Italians created a new Lamborghini Miura concept. Proving some originals are as good as it gets. Cars are industrial art. Updating them is like trying to modernize a famous work of art. At best it’s not offensive. At worst it’s kitsch folly. This Cobra is the automotive equivalent of a ceramic Buddha with a clock in its belly.

Donatello
Donatello New Reader
6/3/19 8:37 p.m.

I don't hate the looks as much as GLK. It looks better than anything in my own garage, lol. And goes faster. And costs about 825 times as much as what I paid for my last car. 

Mr Theodore: please bring this car to the next drivers school where I will be instructing ;)

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
1/1/20 6:14 p.m.

I could see it as the successor to the original Cobra but not the GT40... and even at that it’s seems like a Luxury Roadster not a “Race car” either of them were.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UVvJjGMLDb1TTO82YKVjmJktzlClj8sOLsY0qLocwBCsyvyq0nlvoEDEcgajRn4q