David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/12/14 10:39 a.m.

Back in the ’50s and ’60s, many kit car manufacturers sprang up. They had harnessed the new magic of low-cost fiberglass body manufacturing techniques and come up with a variety of pretty good-looking sports car bodies.

Most companies offered a handful designs that they adapted to a variety of dono…

Read the rest of the story

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
11/12/14 11:44 a.m.

The Victress was one of the earliest after market body manufacturers, and like my Fiberfab Jamaican, the styling had Italian antecedents.

Take a look at http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/variants/vt106v.htm

bosswrench
bosswrench New Reader
12/9/14 4:40 p.m.

I built a Victress S-1 back in the mid '50s. Took me 10 years and two interstate moves to get it driveable, with a hot-rod nailhead Buick, a Lasalle floor shift & a cut down Ford frame. In those days, your 'kit' was a body-shell in a crate, a gallon of polyester resin, 10 sq. ft of glas cloth and good luck to you. NO directions on attaching the thing to a frame nor any other li'l details. And of course, no Google or any other advice was available. Today's so-called kit-cars are practically assemble-before-dinner-and-drive-to-the-restaurant in comparison. Anyone know what car the S-1 shape came from? It sort of resembled the Ermina.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
12/9/14 8:22 p.m.

I saw one of those 25 yrs ago or so at a British car show event. Only one I've ever seen in my life.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
84KXekc9vsbxOgxHnGjibbgfdE1nqzQpO4jakrzxmkOlPxnJeZ1zPFv5kS8Ng3vh