1 2
850Combat
850Combat Reader
4/1/15 12:34 p.m.

I caw a Cadillac Allante the other day on the road. It looked OK. Every time I see one I think: "Het!! Somebody bought one" Just like the Chrysler TC by Maserati".

Flying the shells to Italy and back has to be one of the silliest manufacturing schemes I ever heard of.

http://www.allante.4t.com/history.html

VClassics
VClassics Reader
4/1/15 1:08 p.m.

I see a Chrysler TC in the local supermarket parking lot every few weeks. I haven't figured out who owns it, but it seems to be a regular driver. There's a Vega Kammback that shows up pretty often too.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
4/1/15 1:56 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: As I walked out of the office yesterday evening, an early, clean-looking Porsche 928 drove by.

Hey,

You weren't driving or stopped at a light. Where's the picture?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
4/1/15 2:40 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Goddamn cabovers!

You should have seen that coming.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/1/15 2:59 p.m.
Rupert wrote: In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:That's probably because truckers consider the hood ornament on a cabover tractor to provide about the same level of accident safety as the hood ornament on a VW bus. Either way, the driver arrives at the scene of the crash way too soon!

Well I think it's more that they weren't necessary anymore because there aren't length restrictions anymore. I believe Freightliner was the last ones to produce one in the US.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/2/15 10:07 a.m.
Rupert wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: As I walked out of the office yesterday evening, an early, clean-looking Porsche 928 drove by.
Hey, You weren't driving or stopped at a light. Where's the picture?

I know, I should just mount a camera to a hat and wear it 24/7.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/2/15 10:10 a.m.

On a semi-related note, I saw a clean first-gen Corvair while driving home last night.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
4/2/15 10:13 a.m.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/2/15 2:47 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: On a semi-related note, I saw a clean first-gen Corvair while driving home last night.

I see them everyday, but thats me.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/2/15 3:06 p.m.

I saw a guy in the Target parking lot trying to load a huge flat screen TV into a Ferrari 458 a few months ago. While not old it was an interesting sight. I finally had to leave, and not sure he completed his hauling task.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider HalfDork
4/2/15 8:47 p.m.

This has been sitting at a used car lot for a while now:

I just about whipped my head around on a swizzle when I saw it. Too bad they want almost 30K for it.

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
4/2/15 9:34 p.m.

Wow, that you don't see everyday! Recently saw a Mitsubishi Starion, an old Maverick and ...(was typing in "old" necessary?), and the car that came after the gremlin - the one with the thinner C pillar., Oh, and an AWD AMC EAGLE wagon.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
4/2/15 9:37 p.m.

Dodge Shelby GLHS. Amazing how Shelby/Iacocco made a tin econobox Omni go so damn fast.

Mel22
Mel22 New Reader
4/5/15 5:54 a.m.
maseratiguy wrote: and the car that came after the gremlin - the one with the thinner C pillar.

AMC Hornet?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/5/15 7:40 a.m.

Pretty much any car is interesting just for its continued existence after about 30 years, especially if it's in great shape.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/5/15 9:19 a.m.
bmw88rider wrote: This has been sitting at a used car lot for a while now: I just about whipped my head around on a swizzle when I saw it. Too bad they want almost 30K for it.

I've only seen those in Europe.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider HalfDork
4/6/15 8:20 a.m.

Yeah Woody, It was originally sold into Japan actually but is still left hand drive. It was in a private collection over there and then sold and imported to the US. The crazy 80's seats were replaced with Mazda 3 leather seats but other than that it seems pretty original.

French Turbo cars from the 80's scare me though.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
4/6/15 10:13 a.m.
racerdave600 wrote: I saw a guy in the Target parking lot trying to load a huge flat screen TV into a Ferrari 458 a few months ago. While not old it was an interesting sight. I finally had to leave, and not sure he completed his hauling task.

Haha that's awesome. I don't see how there is anyway that is possible though I barely fit a 60 inch in my four door focus hatch back with the seats folded down.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bxhfr9uDTd9hWg3wBOypHsXFZl3WOKJ3G8Y5Qo7ilCMPSvBegEx1IqtkxiBduUNg