LindaPeterson
LindaPeterson New Reader
1/11/19 9:57 a.m.

This thread: http://classicmotorsports.com/forum/classic-cars/took-one-of-the-shop-cars-to-a-show-today/105700/page1/ got me thinking about concourse judging.

I am not a big fan of the Cord 810/812 styling, but the "third in class" car pictured in that thread really looks like a stunner. Concourse judging is all about originality/correctness and condition, right? Will there ever be a point in the future in which Chevrolets from the 1980s will be part of the concourse field or is the concourse realm going to be fixed in time and highly discriminating in brand so such plebeian rolling stock is forever excluded? What I'm getting at, is it ever going to be possible for an absolutely perfect (better than new, obviously) 1982 Chevrolet Chevette to win it's class at one of these shows?

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
1/12/19 9:44 a.m.

My First reaction is God I Hope NOT.

I think Modern assy.line  Where Humans are not really involved is the Cut off. In the Teens and 20's If you bought a car like we all call Classic, likely you bought a car that the Chassie was built on an Assy. Line but the Body was Built by a Coach Builder There wern't 1000's of them just a few.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
1/12/19 11:28 a.m.

Councours was originally about originality.

Today you ave to have a car that is finished to a much higher level than any car left the factory with, AND you should be very close to original spec.

Our local Jag club took a brand new car out of the showrrom, made sure that everything was perfectly clean, and entered it in a JCNA judged show. It got about 96 points. The points it lost were for the areas that the factory fell down on - paint overspray, poor fitment of componenets, missing wiring harness clips etc.

Our Preferred Partners
9FaTovctixIN8kzbjwMptZX16KobdCUbMtpPp6NXVmgpCjh6FTdT57s8NEr7SwQM