1 2
Cotton
Cotton UberDork
8/28/15 9:42 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

This won't be a DD. I still DD my k1300s, then take my truck or suburban when the weather is nasty. Not to mention I've almost stopped driving nice cars to work because the last time I did I got a nice rear quarter ding in our parking garage, which is secured and badge access only, with cameras, but the camera where I parked was inop. That really pissed my off. I think I'll get a camera system for the car that I can swap around depending on what I'm driving.

I agree with you on the higher miles.....no one seems to want a Ferrari with miles. The cheapest ones on the market now are the ones with over 40k.

Anyway, we'll see where this goes. I feel like a 360 is where I'll end up, but you never know.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
8/28/15 2:48 p.m.
I've not driven a F355 but I've sat in a few -- and it's amazing how much older the interiors seem compared to the 360, which even today feels like a completely modern car. The F355 sure is gorgeous on the outside, though.

Totally agree on both cars. I actually like the 348 over the 355 because it seems to be a little more consistent from the inside to the outside, and when talking about old (pre 360) Ferraris, it's basically all about the look or you'd just buy the NSX that kicked their asses on track, right?

I like the 360 interior a lot. I've been in 2.

I am close. I like the 348. The perfect blend of 328 and Testarossa

Great way of putting it.

MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
8/28/15 2:55 p.m.

If the 360 sounded like the 355 it would have been the best Ferrari ever.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/28/15 3:51 p.m.

As long as the service is current, I think I'd prefer Ferrari with some miles on it. It says it's been used and hasn't sat around getting crusty. Besides, if I am ever able to buy a Ferrari while I'm still working, the sucker will get a ton of miles on it... probably over 15K/yr. The 360 is OK, but the Ferrari I lust after is the 550. Unfortunately, the only ones I've seen for sale were priced well above $50K.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
6/9/16 10:15 p.m.
Cotton wrote: Bumping this because I'm now on the hunt for a 360. Thought I found one local, but it seems to have some issues and the seller is very vague, so here we go. I am also keeping an eye on the 430 because on paper it seems to be the much better car, but the price reflects it even though they seem to be coming down and I've had several people say they prefer the 360 over the 430. Any thoughts on 360 vs 430 are appreciated. Anyway, my spec wish list is a strange, but would be TDF blue with black interior, daytona seats, sunroof (I know, very rare), shields, under 30k miles, and good documentation. I have struggled on the F1 vs traditional manual decision, but I think I'd like to try the F1 although a 6 speed would absolutely be considered. I'm flexible on pretty much everything above, but if I had speced one new that's how I would have ordered it. Anyway, I'm in no rush, but would like to find the right car within the next 12 months at least. We'll see how the search goes

Well, I did it. I flew out of state yesterday and pulled the trigger on a 360 Modena, red on tan, gated manual, all docs, 23k miles, excellent condition. I had a deposit on a different 360 since December and that fell through. At first I was disappointed, but this car is much nicer, so it worked out for the best. I decided on a gated over f1 because after driving an f1 I just much preferred the feel of the traditional manual....and I have to admit I love the look of the gated.

I compared the 348, 355, 360, 430, and even briefly considered a Testarossa again. In the end the gated 360 was the right car for me.

It's in an enclosed trailer headed to TN as I type this and should be delivered in the morning. I'll probably create a new thread at some point and post pictures, but tomorrow I'll focus on going for a drive and getting to know my first Ferrari.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b HalfDork
6/10/16 12:21 a.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: Test drive a F1 flappy paddle and a manual first. I drive a '00 360 flappy paddle with the exotic car group I instruct with and it is not the smoothest. Early generation and single plate clutch. The '04 Lambo is worlds ahead of the Ferrari and only a few years newer.

You're still in SE MI, right? I'm guessing Fastrak? That guy lives not too far from me, I usually see their cars around town.

F430 has cam chains, not belts like the 360. Not sure on the 430, but I heard Rob Ferretti mention that its roughly $15k at the dealer to go from F1 to manual. That's a lot less than the "manual premium" and I'd guess that with it being a documented dealer service, you'd most likely get that same investment back out of it when its sold.

PMRacing
PMRacing SuperDork
6/10/16 6:23 a.m.

In reply to Mazda787b:

Yup. Fastrak. First event of the year in a couple of weekends.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
6/10/16 7:44 a.m.
Cotton wrote:
Cotton wrote: Bumping this because I'm now on the hunt for a 360. Thought I found one local, but it seems to have some issues and the seller is very vague, so here we go. I am also keeping an eye on the 430 because on paper it seems to be the much better car, but the price reflects it even though they seem to be coming down and I've had several people say they prefer the 360 over the 430. Any thoughts on 360 vs 430 are appreciated. Anyway, my spec wish list is a strange, but would be TDF blue with black interior, daytona seats, sunroof (I know, very rare), shields, under 30k miles, and good documentation. I have struggled on the F1 vs traditional manual decision, but I think I'd like to try the F1 although a 6 speed would absolutely be considered. I'm flexible on pretty much everything above, but if I had speced one new that's how I would have ordered it. Anyway, I'm in no rush, but would like to find the right car within the next 12 months at least. We'll see how the search goes
Well, I did it. I flew out of state yesterday and pulled the trigger on a 360 Modena, red on tan, gated manual, all docs, 23k miles, excellent condition. I had a deposit on a different 360 since December and that fell through. At first I was disappointed, but this car is much nicer, so it worked out for the best. I decided on a gated over f1 because after driving an f1 I just much preferred the feel of the traditional manual....and I have to admit I love the look of the gated. I compared the 348, 355, 360, 430, and even briefly considered a Testarossa again. In the end the gated 360 was the right car for me. It's in an enclosed trailer headed to TN as I type this and should be delivered in the morning. I'll probably create a new thread at some point and post pictures, but tomorrow I'll focus on going for a drive and getting to know my first Ferrari.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your purchase. That's awesome, well done and I hope it's a riot to own and easy on repairs. You need to start a new 'ownership' thread in the build section and start with a Mazduce style story about going and getting it to start with.

dj06482
dj06482 SuperDork
6/10/16 8:25 a.m.

Can't wait for the build thread - congrats!

WilD
WilD HalfDork
6/10/16 10:14 a.m.

Nice! You should post some pics when you get it so we can ogle.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
6/10/16 2:00 p.m.

Thanks guys. It was delivered around 10 this morning and I took it for a drive, then had to rearrange the shop to fit it in with the rest of the cars. I'll get the pics up on Monday. So far I love it.....very different from what I'm used to.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
6/10/16 2:32 p.m.

Congrats! Color combo? Safe to assume red over tan, but have to ask!!

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
6/10/16 5:25 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: Congrats! Color combo? Safe to assume red over tan, but have to ask!!

Lol yes it actually is red over tan. I was looking at several color combos, but this was the right car at the right time for sure. I also had to keep resale in mind, not that I plan on selling it, but you never know. With that in mind red/tan is as good as it gets for resale and personally I just love the color combo. Other colors I looked out for were tdf blue, nart blue, and silver. I actually came very close to buying a silver gated 360, but it sold before I could even run the carfax!

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/10/16 9:30 p.m.

Congrats. Looking forward to the pics.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/10/16 9:39 p.m.

Pics or BAN fer chrissakes!

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
6/13/16 11:09 a.m.

Here it is just after we got it unloaded. I had moved a few cars out so I could decide how to re-organize the shop with the new addition. Also pictured is my 85 Carrera, 96 993, and 87 560sec 6.0 amg conversion. I have to say I really love the 360 so far.....it definitely feels like a special car. I will start my own thread eventually, but wanted to go ahead and get a couple of pictures up.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
6/13/16 12:31 p.m.
Cotton wrote:

That's one heck of a collection. Right on!

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
6/13/16 2:39 p.m.

Gorgeous. Congrats!

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/13/16 2:47 p.m.

In reply to nderwater:

Yeah, looks like Cotton's own private car show. Nice.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
6/13/16 3:00 p.m.

Life, you're winning at it.

Congrats

WilD
WilD HalfDork
6/14/16 1:13 p.m.

I apologize in advance for this... but that picture:

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
6/15/16 9:15 p.m.

Just seeing that gated manual makes me drool!

petegossett
petegossett UltimaDork
6/15/16 9:23 p.m.

I've come to realize with Ferarri that for me personally it takes a few years before find them attractive. The 360 didn't do much for me when it was newer, but now it totally looks like teh sexors.

Or maybe their current designs are just that ugly that they make these cars seem classic now? Not sure, but regardless I'm looking forward to your reviews!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jt0ULIr7x5EI4aPmYmpY0XIvJN7vkbSb2eBGlV97iiERasV9eVPRU0yhQXmrdnM9