1 2
Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/26/17 7:07 a.m.

Lotus 14. Thanks, but I already have that parts list.

wannacruise
wannacruise New Reader
4/26/17 8:07 a.m.

From Keith Tanner:"Ah, here's what I'm thinking of: http://www.britishv8.org/articles/britishmotorheritage-competition.htm"

A friend of mine bought one of those MGB bodies about 2 years ago. In the process of his rebuild he found it to be a very good copy and nicely built.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/3/17 9:51 p.m.

Got most of the front end back on this week. Will start on the rear suspension next week. Blast Masters blasted and primed 6 original wheels for me. The new Robbins top got here yesterday. The chrome got back from Graves Plating on Monday. It looks amazing. Tomorrow I head to Sevens and Elans with my gas tank to figure out if it is incorrect, as we are having some trouble fitting it into the car. So far I have probably less than $10,000 in this thing and have found virtually every missing part and have the car at least half way done and all accident repair fixed properly. As for selling the car, I doubt that will ever happen, as I have wanted one for a very, very long time. I do need to credit the Lotus community, who has been very generous with parts support and technical advise. This help provided with the fact that we have farmed nothing out yet, except the drivetrain, Koni shocks rebuilding and the media blasting and plan on doing everything else ourselves is what are keeping costs down. I do have probably close to 1000 hours already on this project, though. Been one of the most fun projects thus far.

gjz30075
gjz30075 HalfDork
5/4/17 6:58 a.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: Been one of the most fun projects thus far.

Wait till you drive it! All worth it.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/6/17 7:54 a.m.

Installing the dif this a.m. and then moving towards the rear suspension. Should have a roller in another week and then we will install the drivetrain.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
5/6/17 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard:

Channel you inner Chapman, great things can happen if you persevere. Love these cars.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/7/18 10:37 a.m.

Canoe

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oUERWoKYlvfEukPWVX5YakpCDlILuI07R2SBAoqVezU6r76l2KT5a23XTl2xv0gV